Merthyr Town 1 King's Lynn Town 1
Tuesday 24th January
Tuesday 24th January
Evo-Stik Southern Prem
12 St Ives Town 31 43
13 Dunstable Town 29 39
14 Weymouth 28 38
15 King's Lynn Town 29 36
16 Stratford Town 31 35
17 Basingstoke Town 29 35
18 Kings Langley 31 32

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Whitton United 27 30
14  Team Bury 25 28
15  March Town Utd 26 28
16  King's Lynn Res 21 25
17  Sudbury Reserves 25 25
18  Debenham LC 22 24
19  Needham Market Res 26 13

Lynn got an excellent point on the road on Tuesday night with a 1-1 draw against play-off hopefuls Merthyr Town.
Manager Gary Setchell shuffled the pack following Saturday’s mauling against Weymouth with some changes forced upon him as Kurtis Revan was unavailable because of work commitments whilst Shaun McWilliams was required by Northampton for a internal training match.
Report from Merthyr Town website:
Merthyr’s unbeaten home run continued but they were held to a draw by King’s Lynn Town in a match that could have gone either way. Fielding an unchanged side, there was an early opening for Merthyr after Ashley Evans broke up a King’s Lynn attack.
A long cross-field ball found Kayne McLaggon on the left of the area but his shot was blocked.
King’s Lynn had a shout for a penalty after 10 minutes when Adam Davies was beaten by an attacker running into the area but he recovered to get in a tackle with the referee saying he won the ball.
The visitors then had a spell on top, looking dangerous going forward, and midway through the half came the nearest to a goal in the match to that point when an attacker ran free into the area on the left but Oliver Davies came out well to block his shot.
A couple of minutes later Merthyr came close themselves with a 20-yard shot which the King’s Lynn keeper held under the bar at the second attempt.
The game was looking as though it could go either way, and it went King’s Lynn’s after 35 minutes.
A free kick a good 25 yards out was fired past Merthyr’s two-man wall by Lee Stevenson and beat Oliver Davies’s dive to go inside the near post.
But the Martyrs replied almost immediately when Scott Barrow put over a cross for Ian Traylor at the far post to head the ball back across goal and into the net.
The goal lifted the Martyrs and they were all over King’s Lynn for the rest of the half, with a great 25-yard shot from Eliot Richards that brought an equally fine flying save from the keeper.
With Merthyr looking a good bet for another goal the half time interval came at the wrong time for them, as they began the second half looking rather lacklustre and it was not until about the 62nd minute that there was any threat to the King’s Lynn goal, with the ball headed off the line after a good cross by Scott Barrow.
With 70 minutes gone Ryan Prosser was replaced by Corey Jenkins, Kayne McLaggon moving into the middle.
King’s Lynn were close to scoring after 75 minutes when a long free kick went all the way across the area with an attacker just unable to get a touch on it.
Merthyr then made another change with Kyle Copp making his home debut in midfield in place of Eliot Richards.
The Martyrs went looking for the winner in the closing stages, and a typically speedy run down the left by Corey Jenkins saw him put the ball across the area.
But it was taken away from Kyle Copp by Ian Traylor who tried to get in a left-foot shot but was crowded out.
In another good move a couple of minutes later Copp played Kayne McLaggon in on the right of the area for him to pull the ball back, but when Scott Barrow’s shot came in it was saved by the keeper.
But King’s Lynn were still in with a chance, and almost stole the win with another free kick, this time from even further out than the one from which they had scored.
Lee Stevenson took it again, and once more sent it past the end of the wall for it to come back off the foot of the post.
There was time for Merthyr to have a free kick of their own, which Kyle Copp sent a couple of feet over the bar as the game ended with what was overall a fair result, the Martyrs not being at their best against a very competent side.
Merthyr: O Davies, A Davies, Tancock, McDonald Barrow, Richards (Copp 76), Evans, Reffell, Traylor, Prosser ( Jenkins 68), McLaggon. Subs: Watkins, Williams, Patten, Copp, Jenkins. Scorer; Traylor 37
Lynn: Street, Fryatt, Yong, Gaughan, Ward, Stevenson (Zielonka 88), Clunan, Quigley, Hawkins (Edge 77), Hilliard (Setchell 93), Warburton. Subs: Congreave, Edge, Setchell, Zielonka. Scorer: Stevenson 36
Attendance: 409