Author Topic: Lynn Boss to give Lynn youth a chance.  (Read 3222 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Lynn Boss to give Lynn youth a chance.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
Great news...A proper opportunity to impress and to progress!

New Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »
Good to see that young players can compete at higher level given the chance.  There has to be excellent management as the young player is likely to have many big dips in form. Dylan Edge is an example of the need for reserve games when his form has dipped. It seems the new Manager, is giving individual advice, encouragement and support.
A certain Terry Paine (Southampton ) said at 18 he had several great games and many crap games. At 32 yrs old he did not have any great games and equally no bad games!! That what experience gives you!!

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:44:37 PM »
Well that was a total success wasn't it

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »
Could hear the manager giving instructions,encouragement and praise to the young players today was fantastic to see and hear  :thanks: and tom Ward a great example marshalling at the back very pleased indeed and would like to also see frohawk and stannard given a chance at some point.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
Got no choice but to play reserves with having players leave.let's see how many on team sheet come next season

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
Of course there was a choice, he could have brought players in? :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
Got no choice but to play reserves with having players leave.let's see how many on team sheet come next season
Loops throwing his rattle out of his Priam again 😂😂😂😂 lost his friend 🤔 What has happened to all him comments about just supporting the team  :banghead; :banghead;

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
Let's see how many reserve players in first team next season ,and how they perform against teamsome from top half table not the bottom teams

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
I don't know what ratio of players coming up from Reserves to first team squad any Club, Lynn included, would expect each season?
Personally, if a couple made it each season I would consider that to be a great success. Therefore IMHO if we have two or three of this years Reserves crop knocking very hard on first team door, with Lynn bring at the level they currently are,  I would have to say that things appear to be working.
Of course, that's as long as they are there on merit, and not due to budget restraints which I feel could sometimes have been the case, pre Cleeve.
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »
Loopy it matters not what Reserve team players make into the first squad for next season.  The facts are Culverhouse is giving a good few of them a chance this season to stake a claim for next season. Previously these players were just used as bench warmers for when the likes of Quigley wanted a month off.

Setch saw these same players as not being game changers from the bench. Culverhouse sees them as worthy of a start to see what they can do.  Not let anyone down thus far, have they ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »
I for one am absolutely delighted that IC seems to be treating all players equally and that all will be given a fair and reasonable chance to stake their claim - very different to what went before! Whether any or all make the grade - time will tell but to be given both opportunity and encouragement to succeed is great news IMO. This will over time have a positive knock on effect attracting to the Linnets the cream of the local crop......Why for example did Harry Limb who has just been sold to Burnley choose Wisbech as his prefferred option? Why did Danny Emmington leave? I would love to see him  return!!

Yesterday and the remaining games are surely about experimentation - looking at different players and tactical options, with any positive results coming as a bonus?

My starting off point has always been, win, lose or draw, the eleven on the pitch giving 100% for 90+ minutes and much evidence of that yesterday.

Onwards and upwards!!

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »
Loopy you seem to be dead against giving youth a chance, just like your best friend was who only wanted to pay his pals.
What exactly have you got against the younger players at our football club?
I haven't before singing the praises let's see how many if any are playing next season.what happens if culverhouse play them but fail to get lynn promoted remember Cleeve has brought him in to get us promoted not to please the forum parents

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 04:26:21 PM »
Loopy you seem to be dead against giving youth a chance, just like your best friend was who only wanted to pay his pals.
I haven't before singing the praises let's see how many if any are playing next season.what happens if culverhouse play them but fail to get lynn promoted remember Cleeve has brought him in to get us promoted not to please the forum parents

So if he doesn't achieve promotion in his first season under Mr Cleeve will Mr Culverhouse suffer the same fate as Setch? :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:21 PM »

So if he doesn't achieve promotion in his first season under Mr Cleeve will Mr Culverhouse suffer the same fate as Setch? :dontknow:

The impression given from the Chairman's notes that it play-offs minimum next year, or we might start to see our dug-out having as many visitors as a bus stop.