Author Topic: Lynn Boss to give Lynn youth a chance.  (Read 3223 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn Boss to give Lynn youth a chance.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 11:29:17 PM »
Loopy you seem to be dead against giving youth a chance, just like your best friend was who only wanted to pay his pals.
What exactly have you got against the younger players at our football club?
I haven't before singing the praises let's see how many if any are playing next season.what happens if culverhouse play them but fail to get lynn promoted remember Cleeve has brought him in to get us promoted not to please the forum parents

So if he doesn't achieve promotion in his first season under Mr Cleeve will Mr Culverhouse suffer the same fate as Setch? :dontknow:

The impression given from the Chairman's notes that it play-offs minimum next year, or we might start to see our dug-out having as many visitors as a bus stop.

Keep your CV up to date Nick? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:27 AM »
Always is mate but I always knew we had a squad capable of top 5 and I'm so pleased to see you there coming through the ranks . We have many quality players in the area who are capable of joining the ranks just as long as Culverhouse is scouting properly. KEEP THE FAITH #YNWA #KLTFC   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
Always is mate but I always knew we had a squad capable of top 5 and I'm so pleased to see you there coming through the ranks . We have many quality players in the area who are capable of joining the ranks just as long as Culverhouse is scouting properly. KEEP THE FAITH #YNWA #KLTFC   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Good to hear!! I have never understood why certain of our 'supporters' have always written off local talent as not being good enough, when more often than not with the odd exception (Jack Defty) they have never been given the opportunity and encouragement to prove what they can do.

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »

Good to hear!! I have never understood why certain of our 'supporters' have always written off local talent as not being good enough, when more often than not with the odd exception (Jack Defty) they have never been given the opportunity and encouragement to prove what they can do.

I would not necessarily say that some supporters have written off local talent but I would suggest most clubs find the same in just 1 or 2 maybe make the grade and thats good IMO...

Wouldn't it be interesting to see current league tables today if all clubs just used "local talent"!!....Would Chelsea be top?....Would the big clubs be in league positions they are today?....Just a thought....

It is good to see a local lad make it into the 1st team,but if we are to progress further up the football pyramid then it's more than likely we have to look elsewhere to get us there
Thats's football today!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »
Aside from the obvious benefits a good local youth development policy should result eventually in a mix of locals making the grade, complimented with some experienced players being brought in from outside - a mix. Certain non league clubs do and have done this over years and an acid test of how succesful it is is that the cream eventually move on upwards and the clubs reap a financial benefit.

We IMO have been singularly weak in this area. How many ex Linnets have moved up? Very few...George Thomson (no fee). Dom Dwyer (no fee)...The last one I can recall was Mark Paul who we sold to Southampton for £50k?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »
Big Jack was great for us, but a much younger  local player years ago went a long way, and ended up with a bad injury, I am talking about Andy Hunt, check out his C.V.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 04:13:21 PM »
If my memory serves me right Andy did not play for the first team at King's Lynn and i also think he played for Light Blues reserves in the sunday league. He certainly went on to much greater things.
When i did the stadium tour at Newcastle a few years back our guide was very interested as to whether there was any link between Newcastle Utd and King's Lynn FC. I said i knew of 2. Reg Davies and Andy Hunt. The guide could not stop singing the praises of these 2 ex Linnets.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
I think I saw Andy Hunt play once for the reserves.
Class!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:42 PM »
If my memory serves me right Andy did not play for the first team at King's Lynn  . . .
Made his first team debut for  Lynn against Stourbidge 25th November 1989

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »
Andy played for Ashill with his brother when first spotted by ? Kieth Rudd gave him a chance and stuck with him, he flourished when playing with Jackie Gallagher and was transferred to Kettering with sell on clause and player exchange, we got niel Horwood ,waste of space Kettering sold him to Newcastle for about 150,000 we got 40,000 or there abouts, kept us going for a while his dad continued to watch Lynn for many seasons after he left ,finished his career in Belize also played for WBA and Charlton in between being very ill.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 06:53:12 PM »
Andy Hunt was like Jack though an exception to the general rule.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »
A couple of years before Andy Hunt, another local lad, Mark Howard left to play league football and ended up at Stockport. Around the same time Darren Rolph left to join Barnsley. Both of them ended up returning to Lynn later in their careers

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »
A couple of years before Andy Hunt, another local lad, Mark Howard left to play league football and ended up at Stockport. Around the same time Darren Rolph left to join Barnsley. Both of them ended up returning to Lynn later in their careers

I think Mark Howard had trials at Man. City.