Author Topic: Today's gamea  (Read 1326 times)

Blue Moon

• View Profile
Today's gamea
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:02:48 PM »
Any reports, views, comments on today's game?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Today's gamea
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:15:00 PM »
Bit of a Dier game but we got the win and the three points

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:43:19 PM »
Poor game today nothing up front first touch from to many players very poor one bright point most of the defense looked solid that all said a win is a win onwards to Tuesday Night maybe try to play with a bit more flair

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 12:55:16 AM »
First half was a bit dull, but full of endeavour.

Second half was a bit better, the match as a whole wasn't a classic, but it's three points nevertheless.

I stood near the dugout for the second half and as has been mentioned elsewhere, Culverhouse offered advice and encouragement throughout (I know Setch used to be vocal, but Culverhouse seems to have a different approach)

Also, The Ultras are great for getting behind the team vocally both home and away, but those lads who stand behind the goal are cracking in their support......hopefully they stay interested as it's good to hear.

Finally, my biggest gripe today was the 50/50 tickets increasing in price by 100% - I also noticed in the chairmans programme notes he is meeting fans to discuss admission prices for next season................it is exciting times at the club, but I do feel we are going to have to dig deeper into our pockets to help the chairman achieve his dreams

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 02:11:48 AM »
Great game today considering how many reserve team players was involved and full credit to Rob Back and his staff for developing those lads to potential regular first team players.  As for atmosphere today it was brilliant to hear the walks singing again it's been quite for to long. #futuresbright #younglinnets #KLTFC

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:57 AM »
Lacking width with no wingers to speak of (Warburton or Zielonka). A stop-start game where ref blew up for every little bump and stumble. Pearson in goal had a decent game but kicked a lot of clearances out of play. Goals from full-backs but nothing threatening from strike force.

Manager was giving fringe players the once-over before he starts building "his" team for next season.

Who will stay and who will be gone?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »

Lacking width with no wingers to speak of (Warburton or Zielonka). A stop-start game where ref blew up for every little bump and stumble. Pearson in goal had a decent game but kicked a lot of clearances out of play. Goals from full-backs but nothing threatening from strike force.

Manager was giving fringe players the once-over before he starts building "his" team for next season.

Who will stay and who will be gone?

Particularly agree with the comment about lack of width.

Setchell coached from the touch line but Culverhouse keeps them "at it" constantly. Lynn defended from the front: Hilliard worked his you know whats off and deserved a goal for his endeavour.

Dylan Edge had a frustrating game: poor first touch and slow to get the ball under control; slow to second balls and didn't anticipate situations as well as he should have. I know he is young but have not seen any real SPL quality from Edge yet.

Back three: Ward, Ward & Fryatt - look very strong.

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 01:27:15 PM »
Dylan is playing through a injury at the moment. As for width Culverhouse is trying different things at the minute and we are still winning which must mean something.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »
Dominate the area of tactical importance. That's the whole pitch, including the wings.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.