Author Topic: Meeting on Monday  (Read 11282 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting on Monday
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »
So, if we follow the general feeling here, we can all go to Parliament and discuss the country.

This meeting is more like a Forum of Representatives rather than a (potential) meeting of 500+ supporters.

Get Real Guys.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 08:40:17 AM »
So, if we follow the general feeling here, we can all go to Parliament and discuss the country.

This meeting is more like a Forum of Representatives rather than a (potential) meeting of 500+ supporters.

Get Real Guys.
You've completely lost me on that one!   :dontknow:
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 09:09:28 AM »

Get Real Guys.

But we elect those idiots that sit in Parliament - this one was inflicted on us.

However, I guess this is a way of rewarding membership of the various groups.
As for admission fees - there are currently three clubs in our division with admission over £10 and I think next season will see a few more. As has already been mentioned, a winning team will get the supporters in.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 09:21:21 AM »
I'm feeling really left out here cos I've never been invited to the Etihad or to Tesco head office to discuss things when they want to put their prices up.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »

Get Real Guys.
You've completely lost me on that one!   :dontknow:

Easily done I suppose.  :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
Reading the comments on here and if the price rises to £15 it will make an away ticket in the premiership which has been capped at £30 for the next three season's  seem cheap. but let's wait and see but I cant see any give away's in this budget

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 11:14:17 AM »
If a significant increase is imposed I really do think that will be very high risk, in that more than a few will become even more selective in deciding which games to attend........It is of corse not just about the entrance fee but the total cost including travelling. A major consideration for those on a limited budget.

Barmy856

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2017, 11:23:26 AM »

Get Real Guys.

Mike, the point people are trying to make is whether the 'invited' group are truly representative of the fan base ? Perhaps an invitation to the B & G Trust would have been a good idea ?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 12:16:50 PM »
I don't think many will attend.
There are not loads of season ticket holders. Not loads of members of FOL, or Club Membership Holders .
BUT...
Mr. Cleeve can then say he has gathered the thoughts of a selection of supporters.
Which would be true, but not a true reflection of the fan base.

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
I am very surprised that Stephen Cleeve is consulting any fans regarding a price increase.  If we want a higher standard of football at the Walks then we should expect to pay more for it.  My concern is that there is a large price increase and we are then dished-up more of the same rubbish that we have had to put up with this season.  My bet is that the new price will be £15, if so it will be a brave decision.   If we're pushing for a top place then I think the fan base will hold up, but if there is a run of bad results then the consequences could be dire.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »
£15..a brave decision? If it comes to pass, more likely a foolish one IMO'. And it should not be overlooked that we already have one of the highest concessionary ticket prices in the league.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
£15..a brave decision? If it comes to pass, more likely a foolish one IMO'. And it should not be overlooked that we already have one of the highest concessionary ticket prices in the league.

Or, get the amount of £15 mentioned, then when its actually set at £12, it does sound quite so bad? 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
Seems likely that the price will go up to cover revenue lost through advertising? Advertising prices going up and potential programme advertising turned away?  It is getting to the stage that it is nearly cheaper to hop on the bus to Wisbech, watch a game there, cheaper entrance, cheaper food and drink, real glasses in the bar,and if you wish you can buy shares in the club.
Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
It is getting to the stage that it is nearly cheaper to hop on the bus to Wisbech, watch a game there, cheaper entrance, cheaper food and drink, real glasses in the bar,and if you wish you can buy shares in the club.

Why any King's Lynn supporter would want to watch Wisbech is beyond me, but each to their own.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
It is getting to the stage that it is nearly cheaper to hop on the bus to Wisbech, watch a game there, cheaper entrance, cheaper food and drink, real glasses in the bar,and if you wish you can buy shares in the club.

Why any King's Lynn supporter would want to watch Wisbech is beyond me, but each to their own.

Could watch Swaffham or Downham cheaper too,other clubs are available, at Lynn we will be paying for the club's inability to raise finance commercially, I know two businesses that advertised in the programme last season were turned down this season!
Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.