Author Topic: Mick Wright Council latest!!!  (Read 1833 times)

Frontman

• View Profile
Mick Wright Council latest!!!
« on: April 05, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »
I have just seen todays EDP and the following is peculiar in the context of Mr Harding's apology.

The EDP piece;

Council chief executive Ray Harding said: “We got it wrong, we have accepted that, and we’re doing what we can to put the mistake right. “Ultimately it is my responsibility, which I fully accept.
Members will now formally consider the proposal, as has been requested.”

The nomination (there are actually 8 nominations) will now be considered by the council’s cabinet on Tuesday, April 11.
But while most items on the agenda will be discussed in public, the press and public will be excluded while Mr Wright’s nomination is discussed

What is weird ,but not beyond Daubney and Long's approach to the 8 nominations, is the acknowledgement of failing to legally follow the protocol and then decide to corrupt the agenda in such a manner!

The Fenman

• View Profile
Re: Mick Wright Council latest!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »
if we know what time it is, maybe we could muster 200 or so people via this forum for a good old sing song outside chambers as the meeting is going on.....

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 05:49:06 PM »
They may be able to have the meeting in private, but I would assume that full details have to be provided if requested under the freedom of information act.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 06:54:42 PM »
Harding Daubney etc are nothing but Public Servants.  So let's see them serve the public what they want. 

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »
they don't want gloating members of the public watching them eating that humble pie.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
Harding Daubney etc are nothing but Public Servants.  So let's see them serve the public what they want.

'Public servant'........More often than not a total contradiction. Self rather than public being nearer the mark?

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Steve C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 01:44:55 PM »
Part quote “The council wishes to avoid any risk that Mr Wright be embarrassed in any way and has taken the decision that this discussion should not be held in public."

What happened to transparency? The only people who should be embarrassed are the officials at the BCKLWN in the way they have handled the whole situation!
Followed KLFC until 2009.

The Fenman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
Discussed behind closed doors. 

From the report i saw, it appears the Council, in their wisdom, have rejected the nomination.....

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 10:23:03 PM »
Discussed behind closed doors. 

From the report i saw, it appears the Council, in their wisdom, have rejected the nomination.....

link please fenners.

found it

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/king-s-lynn-football-legend-denied-borough-honour-1-7911501

must be some set of criteria there.   :banghead;

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »
“The cabinet was unanimous that Mick Wright did not meet the council’s previously published criteria".

In that case we now need to petition the Council to get the published criteria changed!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 10:36:04 PM »
a quick search finds that only one individual appears to have been granted the freedom since the late 1960's.  but he was an ex mayor and councillor. 

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »
Sir John Barbirolli got it - although I'm not sure why - other than being paid to conduct or play the cello at the Lynn Festival. But that's Arts, which seems to be acceptable but sport is just for us lowlifes who know no better.
Don't make an enemy of someone with access to social media.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 10:19:53 AM »
Hence the meeting behind closed doors!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 04:49:21 PM »
I repeat my view, given on a previous post, that Mick Wright should be nominated (by someone with the knowhow) for an MBE/OBE or higher award.

His Record speaks for itself.
Team Management are not Members of an Elite - They are Merely Officials with More Responsibility!