Author Topic: Having a giraffe!  (Read 3581 times)

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
Having a giraffe!
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: Having a giraffe!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »
*Prices may differ for cup competitions, fixtures over Christmas and New Year and matches where increased security is required to manage larger-than-usual numbers of away fans.

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
*Prices may differ for cup competitions, fixtures over Christmas and New Year and matches where increased security is required to manage larger-than-usual numbers of away fans.

At these prices we will have no away fans,and less home fans! Glad to see the long suffering fans will be paying for the sound system and kitchen refurb etc! Anyone want to bet on sub 500 averge gate next season? :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
Don't often agree with Grissles  but I think he may be right this time  could be another poor season on the horizon

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
These prices are high for this level and no one wants to pay more but if it helps fund a drive for success then I am prepared to pay the extra to support the club in giving it a go.

I feel that most supporters (customers will have different ideas) will be prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt for a season but If this success is not forthcoming then I would expect the prices to be reduced to normal levels for Step 3 football, otherwise attendance figures may start to fall

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »
People already pick and choose which games to watch. My guess is that the games priced at £15 will not be seen by many.

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »
These prices are high for this level and no one wants to pay more but if it helps fund a drive for success then I am prepared to pay the extra to support the club in giving it a go.

I feel that most supporters (customers will have different ideas) will be prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt for a season but If this success is not forthcoming then I would expect the prices to be reduced to normal levels for Step 3 football, otherwise attendance figures may start to fall

The thing is it won't fund a drive for success, it is a false economy,it will drive people away, lets face it what confidence can you have in somebody who hasn't even managed to get a glasswasher plumbed in after a year! Hope the UCL will have us back next season! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
Gordon Bennett! I didn't see that one coming!!!!

If Mr Cleeve is not going to fund this enterprise himself, surely that raises the question of what exactly is he bringing to the party?

I said this previously and I still can't think of an answer. Cleeves answer to everything just seems to be to increase prices by ridiculous amounts.
It appears to me that he wants others to fund his hobby!

In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »
If you buy season ticket for £240 and there are still same 23 home games it equates to £10.50 pet game .Sounds good value or am I missing something.

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 11:51:02 AM »
If you buy season ticket for £240 and there are still same 23 home games it equates to £10.50 pet game .Sounds good value or am I missing something.

Great if you have the money to lay out upfront,or can guarantee making all games,I can't do either,so no savings for me! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »

And you can pay in instalments which is helpful.

Grissles Oleary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »

You still have to commit to save money,what if I sign up for the season ticket instalment plan? Will it be a weekly payment or a monthly payment?What if by Christmas it is obvious we won't make the play offs and I just decide to stop going and stop my payments? Obviously someone hasn't thought this through very well,Long Buckby here we come,we have lready paid for a new gate so please be gentle and don't charge us £15 for UCL football! :oldman"

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 12:29:01 PM »

You still have to commit to save money,what if I sign up for the season ticket instalment plan? Will it be a weekly payment or a monthly payment?What if by Christmas it is obvious we won't make the play offs and I just decide to stop going and stop my payments? Obviously someone hasn't thought this through very well,Long Buckby here we come,we have lready paid for a new gate so please be gentle and don't charge us £15 for UCL football! :oldman"

Going from what I've read (I wonder if you've actually read it) then if your payments aren't collected your season ticket isn't valid. And it's £90 one off payment and then £30 in instalments, obviously I don't know everyone's financial issues, but that seems reasonable to me.

It's always a risk buying a season ticket if the team isn't as successful as planned. But that's the "joy" of being a football fan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »

Going from what I've read (I wonder if you've actually read it) then if your payments aren't collected your season ticket isn't valid. And it's £90 one off payment and then £30 in instalments, obviously I don't know everyone's financial issues, but that seems reasonable to me.

It's always a risk buying a season ticket if the team isn't as successful as planned. But that's the "joy" of being a football fan.
It looks to me as if you use the installment plan they would want the full cost of the season ticket by October.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 12:36:45 PM »
I would like to know, however, what other plans the club has to raise funds. Some have mentioned that high ticket prices are effectively subsidising low sponsorship income etc.. What is the club doing about increasing the general fan base? Adam does have a point: that the club's sole strategy to increase income appears to be to increase the price of everything!

Goodwill does have a limit!