Author Topic: Having a giraffe!  (Read 5555 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Having a giraffe!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
I would like to know, however, what other plans the club has to raise funds. Some have mentioned that high ticket prices are effectively subsidising low sponsorship income etc.. What is the club doing about increasing the general fan base? Adam does have a point: that the club's sole strategy to increase income appears to be to increase the price of everything!

Goodwill does have a limit!

Big fat zero! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
If you buy season ticket for £240 and there are still same 23 home games it equates to £10.50 pet game .Sounds good value or am I missing something.

And you can pay in instalments which is helpful.

You still have to commit to save money,what if I sign up for the season ticket instalment plan? Will it be a weekly payment or a monthly payment?What if by Christmas it is obvious we won't make the play offs and I just decide to stop going and stop my payments? Obviously someone hasn't thought this through very well,Long Buckby here we come,we have lready paid for a new gate so please be gentle and don't charge us £15 for UCL football! :oldman"

Going from what I've read (I wonder if you've actually read it) then if your payments aren't collected your season ticket isn't valid. And it's £90 one off payment and then £30 in instalments, obviously I don't know everyone's financial issues, but that seems reasonable to me.

It's always a risk buying a season ticket if the team isn't as successful as planned. But that's the "joy" of being a football fan.
It looks to me as if you use the installment plan they would want the full cost of the season ticket by October.

Read more into it and it says this:

"Season tickets will be cancelled in the event of missed payments. This option is non refundable"

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »
If you buy season ticket for £240 and there are still same 23 home games it equates to £10.50 pet game .Sounds good value or am I missing something.

Or £260/23 = £11.30, so more than this years general seated admission, for commiting upfront for everygame, knowing there's every likelyhood you'll miss a couple. Though savings will increase depending on the number of cat B games.

Lets just work on the assumption that there'll be 3 cat B games. If you want a seat, it works out at

£13*20 = £260
+ £16*3 = £48

For a total of £308/23= £13.40 per game to attend everygame payong at the gate.

Though if we get into a playoff chase, you can see the tailend of the season being all Cat B.

Be interesting to know if the increased food & drink proces this year have resulted in higher or lower profits. Anecdotally, the queues have been shorter.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »

Or £260/23 = £11.30, so more than this years general seated admission, for commiting upfront for everygame, knowing there's every likelyhood you'll miss a couple. Though savings will increase depending on the number of cat B games.

Lets just work on the assumption that there'll be 3 cat B games. If you want a seat, it works out at

£13*20 = £260
+ £16*3 = £48

For a total of £308/23= £13.40 per game to attend everygame payong at the gate.

Though if we get into a playoff chase, you can see the tailend of the season being all Cat B.

Be interesting to know if the increased food & drink proces this year have resulted in higher or lower profits. Anecdotally, the queues have been shorter.

Due to increased prices at the ground and no increase in quality my matchday spend has actully dropped! :red card:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »
A very high risk strategy IMO that will encourage more than a few to become even more selective in deciding which games to attend. If a higher quality product is not delivered this business model is doomed to fail.

TDA

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 01:31:17 PM »
An interesting development.  I have no loyalty to anyone except the football team, but I think it comes down to simple truth: if we want success, money talks.  Good players cost money and we are also geographically challenged to attract them.  Either the chairman pays for this, or supporters do, or it is achieved by better sponsorship/commercials/fundraising.  In reality it is probably all three, but whatever - it doesn't grow on trees.  I am guessing that the chairman has tried to some extent with the third of these but maybe no-one really wants to put their hand in their pocket and perhaps a bit more success on the field would yield better offers of sponsorship etc.  Some kind of cash boost is needed to get the ball rolling. 

I would pay the extra admission money myself but I would expect very good evidence of the investment reflected in the playing side.  If we stay as we are with same prices and other investment then we will still have a decent mid/lower table team with plenty of local lads, which is great, but nothing more.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
I missed this earlier.

Under 18's a Fiver!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
... Cleeves answer to everything just seems to be to increase prices by ridiculous amounts.
It appears to me that he wants others to fund his hobby!

Adam, I am not having a go at you personally but just wanted to pick up on the sentiment in your post which has been echoed by a number of people on this (and other) threads, where people expect the owner to 'dip his hand in his pocket'/'invest'/'speculate to accumulate' yet don't appear to see the irony of moaning like hell when he wants a larger contribution from the them.

That is not to say I think the price rise is a good idea, far from it, but please can we get back to wanting a financially viable club, playing at the level that its income (a mix of advertising revenue, turnstile income and other fundraising) can support and if that happens to be the standard we are currently at then so be it.  Personally I think we should be more than capable of being a 'good' side at our present level without much additional funding just with the better management / coaching we now have in place so I am not really sure why such a massive price hike is deemed necessary as all it does is cause complaints like we have seen on this thread and also raise unrealistic expectations going into the season (massive budget increase does not always guarantee on pitch success) 

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 02:46:22 PM »
... Cleeves answer to everything just seems to be to increase prices by ridiculous amounts.

Adam, I am not having a go at you personally but just wanted to pick up on the sentiment in your post which has been echoed by a number of people on this (and other) threads, where people expect the owner to 'dip his hand in his pocket'/'invest'/'speculate to accumulate' yet don't appear to see the irony of moaning like hell when he wants a larger contribution from the them.

That is not to say I think the price rise is a good idea, far from it, but please can we get back to wanting a financially viable club, playing at the level that its income (a mix of advertising revenue, turnstile income and other fundraising) can support and if that happens to be the standard we are currently at then so be it.  Personally I think we should be more than capable of being a 'good' side at our present level without much additional funding just with the better management / coaching we now have in place so I am not really sure why such a massive price hike is deemed necessary as all it does is cause complaints like we have seen on this thread and also raise unrealistic expectations going into the season (massive budget increase does not always guarantee on pitch success)
I'm pleased to hear it not just me Tony, and welcome back. I don't want or expect the Owner to dip his hand in his pocket. What I asked is what he brings to the party if he's not going to do so.
I'm all for sustainable football paid for by turnstile income (if we had a turnstile), advertising revenue and other fundraising. I don't see much of the second two going on, do you?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »

I'm pleased to hear it not just me Tony, and welcome back. I don't want or expect the Owner to dip his hand in his pocket. What I asked is what he brings to the party if he's not going to do so.
I'm all for sustainable football paid for by turnstile income (if we had a turnstile), advertising revenue and other fundraising. I don't see much of the second two going on, do you?

If these increases were the icing on a well baked cake I think they might have been better accepted. However, the cake (other forms of revenue) is in the opinion of more than a few, half baked?

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »
trouble is, everything has gone up at the ground, ticket prices, drinks, food etc.

for me i have to budget to come and like ive said before, my 3 year old son has just started coming so he likes a little treat at the match. the trouble is, he likes to sit so thats a bit more expense. with house hold bills etc going up its going to be a struggle.

for me, £12 is to much, a couple of quid might not be much for some but for others it is.

i cant see the extra being spent on the squad next season nor do i see it attracting more people, i think it will also keep away fans away. i can see us back at square one.

good luck next season but the club has lost a long time supporter and a future supporter

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 03:48:13 PM »
As this a 50% increase does this mean that the £15 admission means you can sit in the stand or is that £16?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
"there will be marginal increases on the price of some match and season tickets next season."
20% is not marginal.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »
I think if the increase in gate prices gets us a better team then I am all for it if we want success then it will cost more to get the quality of players we need to get success

Uncle Tupelo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
So at £260 for a seated season ticket to watch level seven football it makes it £55 cheaper than I'll be paying for my season ticket at my Championship club (level 2), but if I go to every match I'll be paying less per game that those who will be paying on the gate at the Walks, more than £1.30 cheaper.

Good luck with that Mr Cleeves!