Author Topic: Having a giraffe!  (Read 3585 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Re: Having a giraffe!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 05:29:02 PM »
When I first read the intended price increases, I thought it was an April 1st joke ! These new admission prices are very close to some EFL league 2 prices ! . I think a small increase would have been acceptable, but not the prices suggested ! I cannot see it working ! Especially with the poor hoof football we have been watching !

Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 05:43:50 PM »
There's a reason it's close to league 2 prices. That's where we're aspiring to be.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »
I think if the increase in gate prices gets us a better team then I am all for it if we want success then it will cost more to get the quality of players we need to get success

So does that mean that the higher the ticket price the greater our success?.......For arguments sake, where would say 30 a ticket likely take us?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »
I think if the increase in gate prices gets us a better team then I am all for it if we want success then it will cost more to get the quality of players we need to get success

So does that mean that the higher the ticket price the greater our success?.......For arguments sake, where would say 30 a ticket likely take us?

Back to the eighties, attendances under 300.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
Football was nearly done for me since buster took over, its now dead and buried!

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
What an absolute #%%#$ joke sorry mr cleeve but you have lost another supporting person after 30 years of supporting will be stopped at the end of this season.
One great big own goal you really have your head somewhere  :banghead; :banghead;

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »
On the bright side, on crowds of 600, it would increase the playing budget by 27,600!

Bovril

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »
Wanting us to cover bigger playing budget plus 40'000 -50'000 for manager ??? As I've heard get reality check people have joined the trust and can only say get joined people as can see the black day coming again.

ChelseaboiKLTFC

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 08:11:43 PM »
"In another effort to help supporters with the costs of watching the Linnets, a membership will be available that entitles supporters to reduced price match tickets for category B league matches, club bar and shop discounts on match days and online".  I would like to now exactly how much of a discount this would likely to be if i buy a membership as i wont be attending the 15 "cat B" league matches otherwise. If we progress in the cups then i dont mind digging a bit deeper for those matches as thats understandable, but the bit about increasing prices for matches over christmas and new etc for "increased security"........nah doesnt sit well with this linnet. I was always expecting the increase to 12 which i dont have a problem with, its the potential 15 matches which are cause for concern, especially if i want to come with my wife and kids. And as others have said, still a distinct lack of off the pitch endeavours in regards to fund raising alternatives, especially not making full use of the "club house". I dont want to miss matches................but while everything else inflates in price, my wages dont so something will have to give throughout the season for me.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 09:09:21 PM »
I don't mind paying the new prices if we have a team pushing for promotion next season.  I think we should give Stephen Cleeve a chance to do what he has promised.   Appointing Ian Culverhouse was an encouraging step in the right direction.  His wages and the wages of the players hopefully he will be recruiting will need funding as they won't be cheap.  We will undoubtedly loose some supporters either unable to afford or unwilling to pay the new prices, but if the team is successful then I think attendances will increase.  If nothing else, next season should be quite interesting in more ways than one.

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 09:55:48 PM »
Maybe, just maybe we can all get back to talking football

The Fenman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
The price increase is probably a FAKE NEWS story..... too much of a co-incidence that there is a fake news conference at the Ground next week being run by the Chamber of Commerce.  I reckon this is a wind up for a discussion point at the conference... 

No-one in their right mind would hike prices up this much.

A couple of quid yes, and about time too, but 5 or 6 quid.....

No chance.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 10:04:45 PM »
Bit steep really  I only paid 17 for a seat in the main stand at Peterborough in February and that's Div One  Hmmm !

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2017, 10:18:39 PM »
So, it is the first price rise in a number of years and if it results in a team that is competing for the play-offs then all well and good.
That all seems very reasonable, but a bit confusing.
What has happened to the 100,000 black hole?
Is the price increase going to fill that or go on  the playing budget and the "hole" been written off?