Author Topic: FROME  (Read 1551 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
FROME
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »
The culverhouse kids did okay today. Lots of energy, but a lack of ball control at key moments in front of goal.
We should have won by 3 or 4 goals, but did not convert several one on ones with the Frome goalie., However it was a lot better than some games this season, because we actually passed the ball instead of route one hoof ball ! Lots of hope for next year.

Jack

• View Profile
Re: FROME
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »
Agreed. I thought Connor Marshall was class today as well as Shippy.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »
A good performance today with the ball being moved around well and limited hoof ball.
Good to see Ryan Hawkins back from injury and Connor also. Excellent game by Kieron Shipp and Ryan Harnwell and also the Frome goalkeeper !!. I thought Michael Clunan had a very good game today.All Lynn players put in maximum effort and great to see the encouragement and advice coming from IC.
A much drier pitch today which does help the quality of play. Football rather than "stick in the mud".
Hopefully, any pre-season friendlies will not interfere with pitch preparation for the new league season

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
 Team looked more physical, and "up for it"!
New manager's influence?
Should have won, same old problem. :(

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »
Good game today, not many additions needed.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:38 PM »
For once I can agree with almost every point about today's game, young Shipp was excellent, and Marshall put in a very good hour, and looked like he has spent the last 12 months in the gym. on the chances made we should have been out of sight before Fromes late equalizer, on the minus side, no team news, music and other announcements,  it is not a good way to promote the club. If the guy is not going to be there, have a stand in, you only have press a couple of buttons, and say a few words. 
Anybody know the tote numbers? 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »
For once I can agree with almost every point about today's game, young Shipp was excellent, and Marshall put in a very good hour, and looked like he has spent the last 12 months in the gym. on the chances made we should have been out of sight before Fromes late equalizer, on the minus side, no team news, music and other announcements,  it is not a good way to promote the club. If the guy is not going to be there, have a stand in, you only have press a couple of buttons, and say a few words. 

Regards to the tannoy it was a technical fault, too short notice to get repaired for today, I think the 50/50 number was claimed.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 10:40:13 PM »
on the minus side, no team news, music and other announcements,  it is not a good way to promote the club. If the guy is not going to be there, have a stand in, you only have press a couple of buttons, and say a few words. 

I was there today. Unfortunately a wiring issue was discovered when we arrived at the ground which was out of our control. I've been assured it will be fixed next week in time for the Chesham game.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
I thought that the missing tannoy might have been a cost cutting exercise.
In the first half Hawkins and Clunan were snappy and interchanging well. These last few games are almost like a pre-season to the pre-season, so we should be organised and settled going into the next one.

mike20382

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »
Was at match thought Kieran Shipp was brilliant ,first half we were immense second half less so . The tannoy problem led us to think maybe we would have to pay for that as well

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 01:59:13 PM »
Many a true word is spoken in jest!!!   :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

The Fenman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
Was at match thought Kieran Shipp was brilliant ,first half we were immense second half less so . The tannoy problem led us to think maybe we would have to pay for that as well

I hear that the tannoy annoys some people so Mr Cleeve is introducing those personal headphones you get when visiting a museum... £1.50p a time.. so the 'annoyed' are no longer so....

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 10:08:46 PM »

I hear that the tannoy annoys some people so Mr Cleeve is introducing those personal headphones you get when visiting a museum... £1.50p a time.. so the 'annoyed' are no longer so....

I hear that that my voice has that effect on some people ;)

Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »

I thought that the atmosphere was a bit flat without the tannoy so that's a shame.

Mj

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
At least you won't have to pay for headphones fenman - you never go!!