Author Topic: The Chairmans Programme Notes  (Read 2651 times)

The Chairmans Programme Notes
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:06:52 AM »
In general, what does everyone think of the chairmans programme notes??

I read tonight on Twitter that one person finds them "worth reading".....I do too.

It's struck me that over the season, the chairman is quick to have a dig at anyone and everyone in an attempt to deflect any heat from himself.

I stood at the ground yesterday, before the match, reading his notes and found myself literally shaking my head at the arrogant, patronising comments such as

"I find it extraordinary that there are 1 or 2 trust members that snipe from the sidelines" - there then followed his usual comment that the trust is an "organisation that has never given a penny to the football club"

"Some less educated fans that do not understand economics"

Talking about the recent meeting regarding price increases, the chairman says
"I think there was only the odd person who did not raise their hands and I put that down to their hearing ability rather than their disagreement with the concept"

Those comments are just from Saturday, but over the season there have been many comments where he is more than happy to have a pop.

To me, he thinks we are idiots

Bovril

• View Profile
Re: The Chairmans Programme Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:37:01 AM »
I have been thinking on the same line but thought mushrooms as all he has done is spout manure and thinks that all will believe  :banghead; should set up his own church in the USA as if you probably checked their maybe more trust members than friends,season ticket, and club members who go so they put more money in the club than anyone of the other so that comment is strange.
He could hire out the rooms himself as I think some groups have to donate 10% of their income to the church/Scientology keep the faith  :thanks: so there is an option my chairman.

The Fenman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »
can someone post the notes please.....

Surely this can not be true..... who on earth would speak about potential sponsors (or fans as they are sometimes known) like what is reported above.....

Wiered...... very weird 

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
When you  regularly bite the hand that feeds you and treat those that you rely upon, with contempt, you are on a very dangerous pathway.

The Fenman

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Cant please all of the people all of the time, but having a good go at it might bring rewards....

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 11:33:01 AM »
Pleasing more than just a very few of the people would be a place to start?

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »
Well I like his programme notes  :scarf:

Mj

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »
Any off you heard the old saying - the truth hurts!! :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 01:36:04 PM »
Any off you heard the old saying - the truth hurts!! :laughcry:

And what truth would that be?  :dontknow:
Not read his notes so I don't know, or do you mean that we are all buffoons and idiots?  :dontknow:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mj

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 02:19:42 PM »
Another old saying - if the cap fits!! :thanks:

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »
  Calling us 'less educated'.....Didn't he go to private school?
Nice one.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 04:01:50 PM »

I also would like to know what particular truth is being referred to.

Here's another couple of old sayings, as we seem to be in that particular kind of mood.

1) A fool and his money are soon parted.

2) You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time.
You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »

Looks like another Mr Cleeve lover crawls out of the woodwork, lol?  Wonder if they realise that when he has alienated all the long suffering loyal fans he will only have the newbies and hangers on left to insult? All us less educated buffoons and idiots have kept the club going for years, should remember that any club can run without an owner, but an owner cannot run a club without fans/supporters /customers!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »

Looks like another Mr Cleeve lover crawls out of the woodwork, lol?  Wonder if they realise that when he has alienated all the long suffering loyal fans he will only have the newbies and hangers on left to insult? All us less educated buffoons and idiots have kept the club going for years, should remember that any club can run without an owner, but an owner cannot run a club without fans/supporters /customers!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

That's the thing about this forum, if you try to be anything but negative, or have a similar view to the chairman or agree with his comments/views you get accused of being him, knowing him personally or working for him!

Some of us, like yourself Grissles, are long term fans and haven't been alienated. I guess some aren't are sensitive as others. Some of us, rightly or wrongly,are looking forward rather than back. Time will tell who's right or wrong.

Signing off for the season now, here's to a promotion push next season  :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »

That's the thing about this forum, if you try to be anything but negative, or have a similar view to the chairman or agree with his comments/views you get accused of being him, knowing him personally or working for him!

Some of us, like yourself Grissles, are long term fans and haven't been alienated. I guess some aren't are sensitive as others. Some of us, rightly or wrongly,are looking forward rather than back. Time will tell who's right or wrong.

By your own admission Paul47 you are not a long term supporter,and yes time will tell, be nice for the chairman to have something positive to say about the fans?