Author Topic: The Chairmans Programme Notes  (Read 2253 times)

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: The Chairmans Programme Notes
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 07:10:19 PM »
I try to think on a positive level by saying " I don't care what mr Cleeve does behind the scenes as long as he produces a team on the pitch to be proud of"  but the more he patronises the very honest and faithfull public that walk through the turnstiles i am slowly, no....rapidly changing my view  :shark:

TDA

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
I think the chairman has an unfortunate tone in his messages, but that what he says is basically correct on the economics and outlook of the club etc.

On a different topic - I don't get to many home games these days as I live in Birmingham, but I went to the Frome match with my son (aged 5 - he loved it).  What struck me was how old the average supporter is at Lynn.  It feels that generally the demographic is ageing and not being replaced/supplemented by many youths/kids.  Also the bar area and facilities were made so sterile and dull under the previous regime.  In order to get the place rocking on a match day you need people in the bars.  Happy hours etc are good, but what about showing something decent on the TV (maybe even old Lynn games from Youtube via Smart TV) and making the place a bit more homely/appealing.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 03:22:18 PM »
Also the bar area and facilities were made so sterile and dull under the previous regime.  In order to get the place rocking on a match day you need people in the bars.  Happy hours etc are good, but what about showing something decent on the TV (maybe even old Lynn games from Youtube via Smart TV) and making the place a bit more homely/appealing.
It is noticeably emptier in the bar on match day. There doesn't seem much appetite for the business plan of having more trade at reduced prices as opposed to limited trade at the current prices.