Author Topic: Chairman's notes 2.  (Read 2487 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Chairman's notes 2.
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Chairman's notes 2.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
Having read the chairmans notes, surely a price increase of possibly £6 a game warrants in mr cleaves words we hope to rematch the play offs, I for that price would want to win the league?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:41:11 PM »
Some less educated fans that do not understand economics (none of which were present at our meeting I am pleased to say)...

I was at the meeting, therefore I am educated!
Cheers Mr. Cleeve!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
Pre season friendlies will be charged at the same price as this seasonís admission prices.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:15:21 PM »
nothing exciting in there. just the usual anti trust sniping from the sidelines. divide and conquer comes to mind.  new chairman same rhetoric and diversionary tactics.  :oldman"

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »
Speaking of people not understanding economics, either he's planning a fall in attendance, or his sums don't add up.

In the mostrtecent notes, he said that the price increases will result in £10000 extra for the playing budget next year.

If we average our attendance to 500 (I know it's slightly higher) and suggest a 100 people a match get free entry (I doubt it's that high) a 23 game season and a £2 price rise, not accounting for Cat B games you get

400*2*23= £18400 extra

Either there's more free entrants than would seem credulous, he's planning for a fall in attendance, he's raising proces to cover losses, rather than invest or he's plucking numbers out of thin air.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 09:28:53 PM »
Some less educated fans that do not understand economics (none of which were present at our meeting I am pleased to say)...

I was at the meeting, therefore I am educated!
Cheers Mr. Cleeve!

How I wish that myself and family were season ticket holders,with the level of education attained by attending that meeting we would all be assured of fantastic employment opportunities? Maybe one of us would have applied for the current vacancy and raised the club to dizy heights never before attained? Or maybe the doctor was right,I shoul stop smoking that funny stuff? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Turtle84

• Aka Tom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
Well, I will be keeping my uneducated self away as from now. The guy should really get to grips with that he himself isnlosing the fans, nobody else. Love my club and all but the guy isnt trying anything to keep core fans or attract new fans. Good luck next season but I wont be lining his pockets.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »
As a very long standing but inceasingly disillusioned supporter I just do not understand how the apparent 'divide and rule' policy can be anything other than divisive, destructive and ultimately self defeating. Having differing factions amongst supporters seemingly pulling in different directions does not bode well IMO

I have no agenda but do have a perhaps utopian and unrealstic view of our club and that its leadership should be primarily be engaged in harnessing all of the recources at its disposal to bring about the greatest potential benefit to the club and its supporters................We appear to be one hell of a way from that even starting to happen.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »
Not or never is going to happen Rod ,since club reformed we have not had anyone football minded in control of the finances, been used as cash cow and latest toy, when the cash stopped flowing we changed to allotment seller ,who knows what comes next? would be just as well to start new club KLFC UTD run by and for the fans on a clear and honest basis.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 07:03:21 PM »
 :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; At the end of the day the chairman is going to run/play/control the club as he sees fit. It all comes down to who & when the manager signs his new additions, that will guide the fan who cannot make up his mind about the heavy increase on the gate and if it's worth the effort.. i do believe the first signing will have to be a high profile player!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 07:32:21 PM »
:banghead; :banghead; :banghead; At the end of the day the chairman is going to run/play/control the club as he sees fit. It all comes down to who & when the manager signs his new additions, that will guide the fan who cannot make up his mind about the heavy increase on the gate and if it's worth the effort.. i do believe the first signing will have to be a high profile player!!

Like last year's high profile player?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:12 PM »
Setch has gone but Mr Cleave still has some knives that need a back to stab - Quote from his notes: "Duff Morgan have renewed their sponsorship deal with the club providing our Manager with a car on the house and thatís despite the condition that the last car was returned to them by the previous incumbent."

Many of his comments were totally un-necessary and inflammatory and arrogant.

We, the great unwashed, don't have greasy hair.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

The Fenman

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 02:14:44 PM »
That is a pretty crappy way of saying it.  Almost ****ish.....

Saying that, it's not a bad idea to put a support system in place around the manager.  A Car, a decent phone package, etc....   

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
So car valeting was not included in the package?.........;-)