Author Topic: Dylan Edge.  (Read 2234 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Dylan Edge.
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »
Breaking news coming out of The Walks tonight that @Dyl_edge has signed a one-year extension to his current deal with @officialKLtown.

Mj

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Dylan Edge.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »
Now let me see -how can we moan about this !!!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:36:38 PM »
So contract list is: Street, Hilliard, Hawkins, Edge, Tom Ward, Warburton, Castellan, Gaughran, Mettam
Ian Culverhouse says there will be a number of players leaving during the summer.
I assume those on contracts will stay, Mettan to be decided, so who will be going?
Yong, Zielonka, Clunan, Marshall?
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:54 PM »
I don't think castellan has signed any extension yet. Nothing on ryan fryatt yet either

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:11 AM »
Think you forgot about Ryan Hawkins.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »
So contract list is: Street, Hilliard, Hawkins, Edge, Tom Ward, Warburton, Castellan, Gaughran, Mettam
Ian Culverhouse says there will be a number of players leaving during the summer.
I assume those on contracts will stay, Mettan to be decided, so who will be going?

Quite a few on contracts. I have said before, we are not far off what is needed to do well in the league.
That elusive goal scorer, and maybe different coaching methods will see us where we want to be, next season.
COYL!
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »

Out of those not on contract, there aren't actually any in my mind who are obvious candidates for release.

Yong's as good as any full-back in the league, and did a decent job for a lot of the season playing out of position in a back 3.
Marshall and Clunan are very capable midfielders.
And Zielonka has proved himself a consistently performing utility player.

20+ goal a season striker aside, there isn't a glaring weakness. Just need to get the team playing more consistently.

Having said that, I do hope we get one or two class apart signings for next year. I'd be disappointed if they are largely players of a similar standard to what we've already got, as Everington has turned out to be. The performance of the reserves has also shown that we don't need signings to fill out the bench. Just a couple of stars.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »

Out of those not on contract, there aren't actually any in my mind who are obvious candidates for release.

Yong's as good as any full-back in the league, and did a decent job for a lot of the season playing out of position in a back 3.
Marshall and Clunan are very capable midfielders.
And Zielonka has proved himself a consistently performing utility player.

20+ goal a season striker aside, there isn't a glaring weakness. Just need to get the team playing more consistently.

Having said that, I do hope we get one or two class apart signings for next year. I'd be disappointed if they are largely players of a similar standard to what we've already got, as Everington has turned out to be. The performance of the reserves has also shown that we don't need signings to fill out the bench. Just a couple of stars.

Agrre with that in its entirety!!

Luke_Wilson

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »
This team needs a complete overhaul from back to front

A spine that can deliver on a consistent basis is paramount if we want to make the play off's as a minimum next season

A goalkeeper and defence (of which Street, Yong & Fryatt have all been mainstays)  has over the course of the last 4 seasons at Step 3 shipped in around 280 goals - how anyone seriously thinks that's anywhere near what's required to get near the play offs is beyond me - with odd exceptions most sides winning or getting promoted have conceded less than 50 and more often less than 45 in a season - that's where the rebuild needs to start

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
We have a good full back line up. Problem is we need to keep them on the pitch playing and not injured and out for a great part of the season.

I am not having a go at any of our injury hit players - Matty Castellan, Ryan Fryatt, Jordan Yong - or Tom and Chris Ward, Shippy etc.

As previously said. we need a goal scoring strike force and players supplying them. Ian Culverhouse will know that these midfield and wingmen need to be coached to produce the scoring opportunities for those strikers. They also need instruction from the strikers and build a rapport/understanding. Ted MacDougall and Phil Boyer were a typical example of being on the same wavelength.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:17 PM »
One of the first thing we need on contract is a groundsman to look after the pitch,a greatly improved pitch will go a long way to helping the team.  :coffee:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
on  the contract issue, why hasn't Michael clunan being signed straight away, as he kept KL.FC ticking over all season and weighed in as top scorer as well albeit a midfielder as well. In my opinion an absolute must!!

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 11:03:52 AM »
Certainly agree about Michael Clunan. Would add Kieron Shipp as well.

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
I must say Kieron shipp given a season on the bench and involved with the first team could be a gem for kings lynn fc.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 05:26:20 PM »
I must say Kieron shipp given a season on the bench and involved with the first team could be a gem for kings lynn fc.

He needs to be playing!
What good did being on the bench every week do for Dylan or Chris Ward? :banghead;