Author Topic: The Pitch  (Read 9497 times)

The Pitch
« on: April 25, 2017, 12:29:51 AM »
It isn't the greatest - even Stevie Wonder can see that

But having just watched the chairmans interview, he states the pitch is being dug up next Tuesday and then there are "a couple of options on the table"

Now, where have we heard that before!! (sponsorship)

I get the impression that Culverhouse wants to play a passing game, so the pitch is important to get good home form.

Now, I've no idea of the cost of these things, and an artificial pitch obviously isn't an option, but St. Neots manage to get it right - their pitch is in superb condition and has been all season.

Are we confident our pitch will be decent for next season??

rod

• View Profile
Re: The Pitch
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
IMO sorting the pitch to encourage decent passing football must be very, very high priority, closely followed by a pitch marking device that caters for those with less than 20/20 vision.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »
Walks in the sun,   If you wiki Brentford they relaid their pitch you may find that of interest.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 05:46:18 PM »
All that is needed is to direct drill seed and sand into the pitch and that would regenerate the sward and leave the prefect pitch

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »
No question, it needs to be dug up and started afresh

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »
No question, it needs to be dug up and started afresh
As we were told it had been last year?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »
Walked past the ground twice this week and there is a 50/50 split of green grass and sand on the pitch. Are we not taking the top off as promised?

ken rout

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »
I drove past the ground at lunchtime and there was some sort of agricultural machinery being unloaded through the gate.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 10:33:47 PM »
I drove past the ground at lunchtime and there was some sort of agricultural machinery being unloaded through the gate.

Agricultural machinery could be anything fom a rake to a major earth moving machine? Is the pitch being raked over with sand,or dug up and relayed as promised? :dontknow:
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last."

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 11:07:26 PM »

Agricultural machinery could be anything fom a rake to a major earth moving machine? Is the pitch being raked over with sand,or dug up and relayed as promised? :dontknow:

http://www.gtbunning.co.uk/

The Fenman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 12:12:31 AM »
Looking at the pics posted elsewhere it appears the pitch is being totally removed and replaced / reseeded.

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 09:11:35 AM »

Grissles has a good point IMO....I am no expert of sand/grass re-seeding but it was clear to see that we have a very bumpy un-even playing surface so I am not clear how just putting sand and re-seeding will make it any different!. Digging up the pitch and relaying does make sense if you want a FLAT playing surface.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 09:19:52 AM »
It also costs a fortune ,what they are doing will work well believe me I have seen this method used before the pitch will look great

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »
More important to get goalposts upright. !!!!

ken rout

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »
Marcus, I don't know how you find them mate!   :laughcry: