Author Topic: Is this the earliest Start to the Local Football Season ?  (Read 3476 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Is this the earliest Start to the Local Football Season ?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
On the subject of Gidman, wasn't he a little unhappy about being given the sack and made various ''suggestions' about Dollimixture ?  :laughcry:

Could be some great stories to come out,  Seems like Keith Rudd has a boatload he could share.  Wasn't there a day when the Lynn team went on strike ( was this Dollimore days as well ?) and the Directors of the opposing team offered to pay the Lynn players to get the game on ?

In recent years we have the Day at Bishop Stortford  and The Oldham game in front of a full house.   Followed by the demise of the Club Under Bobbins and Chinn....

Could be a good read.

Those of us of a certain age who were at Everton!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
Why not put yourself forward to do the programme this coming season I see on twitter the Club is looking for an editor.  be something to really get your teeth into.  Great showcase for your skills.

FriendsoftheLinnets  ‎@linnetfriends 
Programme editor still needed for new season. Please DM us or speak to committee member at tomorrow nights meeting

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2017, 07:54:26 PM »
TDA, that's brilliant - I had forgotten all about the Gidman 'citrus missile' incident   :laughcry:

I think you could fill a chapter with Gidman / Dollimore, despite JG being at the club for less than a season. I think Dollimore had run quite a public recruitment campaign and whittled it down to Gidman and ex-Villa player Brendan Ormsby. Was Ormsby offered the job first and turned it down?

One disaster after another, culminating in that Vase defeat at Diss (with recently sacked Lynn boss John Musgrove in the Diss dugout (assisting Bill Punton) and exacting revenge). As Mallard suggests I think it was an acrimonious fallout between Gidman and Dollimore.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »

One disaster after another, culminating in that Vase defeat at Diss (with recently sacked Lynn boss John Musgrove in the Diss dugout (assisting Bill Punton) and exacting revenge).
Included in that Diss side was ex Linnet Jason Carter. Rumour has it that he was told at the time that he wasn't good enough for Lynn's first team which was nonsense!
If he had been allowed to stay its quite possible that he would have become a Lynn Legend and  a contender for a place in our Hall of Fame!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!