Author Topic: FOTL meeting.  (Read 1163 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
FOTL meeting.
« on: June 30, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »
Reading plenty of comments on various Facebook pages regarding the meeting last night at the club, seems to me that the bottom line of the meeting was just keep giving me your money? To my mind a football club of Lynn's size shouldn't be relying on a fan club to purchase such basics as corner flags and goalposts, it just seems to me that basic budgeting has gone woefully wrong, and the fans are being looked too to make up the shortfall? Not a single mention from anyone about anything that would benefit the fans, has to be remembered that fans have x amount of pounds to spend on the matchplay experience, which to my mind includes food and drink, and if people can get these cheaper en-route then they will! Not even a ball kicked yet in the new season and the begging bowl is being rattled! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: FOTL meeting.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »
Lowestoft raise money to help the club. Don't see their fans having an issue with it:

From their website
"The supporters club has always been working to help the club by raising money through membership subscriptions and other sponsored events - ideas for which are always welcome so if you have a fundraising idea please let us know. The player goal sponsorship will also be running again for this season. Money raised has been donated in the past with proceeds going towards purchasing equipment designed to help with the day to day operation of the club such as the new dugouts and sprinklers for the pitch. At the end of last season £600 was donated to the club to repair the wire fencing behind the south goal by the flats, which was increasingly becoming a safety hazard to supporters and took a turn for the worse towards the end of last season"

There's plenty of other examples of supporters clubs raising monies to help their club.

(For the record I'm not a Friends member)

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »
Nice to see a report on the FOTL meeting on Facebook. Looking forward to reading the full minutes and see the financial report.
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »
Lowestoft raise money to help the club. Don't see their fans having an issue with it:

From their website
"The supporters club has always been working to help the club by raising money through membership subscriptions and other sponsored events - ideas for which are always welcome so if you have a fundraising idea please let us know. The player goal sponsorship will also be running again for this season. Money raised has been donated in the past with proceeds going towards purchasing equipment designed to help with the day to day operation of the club such as the new dugouts and sprinklers for the pitch. At the end of last season £600 was donated to the club to repair the wire fencing behind the south goal by the flats, which was increasingly becoming a safety hazard to supporters and took a turn for the worse towards the end of last season"

There's plenty of other examples of supporters clubs raising monies to help their club.

(For the record I'm not a Friends member)

Sponsor a Lynn player £175, sponsor a Lowestoft player £100,big difference?  :banghead;
Donít you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Mj

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »
Ffs someone show him where Wisbech is !!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
I'll sponsor 1 x corner flag!
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 07:27:52 PM »
Ffs someone show him where Wisbech is !!

Don't need to show me where Wisbech is,I can soon find it myself!  Everything is about saving the club money, nothing is ever for the benefit of the fans!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »
The fans would benefit by watching good football and good players correct me if iam wrong but isn't that what we all want

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »
The fans would benefit by watching good football and good players correct me if iam wrong but isn't that what we all want

Of course it is what we all want, but a far better way to raise funds is to give something, on the social side of things we must be bottom of the list for the whole country, apart from the one occasion the ground was opened for the fireworks, can anyone mention anything that has been for the benefit of the fans and raised money?  :dontknow:

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 09:05:49 PM »
Yes, a home match every other weekend.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 09:46:11 PM »
Griss come up with a worthwhile way of helping the club raise money and iam sure it will be listened too

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 06:02:34 AM »
 :dontknow: I can't believe we are actually airing this topic as in my opinion the raising funds sideshow should reflect from within the management structure and not the fans  :dontknow: from my point of view the new ticket prices are my voluntary contribution  :bankrupt:

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 12:09:19 PM »
Reading plenty of comments on various Facebook pages regarding the meeting last night at the club, seems to me that the bottom line of the meeting was just keep giving me your money? To my mind a football club of Lynn's size shouldn't be relying on a fan club to purchase such basics as corner flags and goalposts, it just seems to me that basic budgeting has gone woefully wrong, and the fans are being looked too to make up the shortfall? Not a single mention from anyone about anything that would benefit the fans, has to be remembered that fans have x amount of pounds to spend on the matchplay experience, which to my mind includes food and drink, and if people can get these cheaper en-route then they will! Not even a ball kicked yet in the new season and the begging bowl is being rattled! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
there's got to be something wrong with me agreeing with grissly,it is all about the club squeezing as much as they can from fans but not giving anything back to them ,

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 04:31:04 PM »
there's got to be something wrong with me agreeing with grissly,it is all about the club squeezing as much as they can from fans but not giving anything back to them ,

you make it sound like the glazers and man utd.  :laughcry: