Author Topic: Season Ticket sales  (Read 2836 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Season Ticket sales
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »
Not even buster fleeced on admission as this clown and now he wants 15 entry on some games ,he's going to lose supporters attending and a vast majority will start watching the reserves

Didn't we pay over the odds in the UCL? We were 8 whilst every other club was 5/6?

So does that make it right that we are paying over the odds now? :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Paul, I understood what you were saying, Buster wasn't adverse to charging over the odds if he thought he could get away with it (personally 8 for UCL was/is far worse than what we have this season).  That said I am not a fan of the differential pricing model for non-league and the club needs to come out and say which fixtures it has deemed 'premium' now the fixture list is out, making it up as you go along just opens the club up to yet more 'profiteering' criticism

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 10:01:05 AM »
we have the club membership scheme which is 25
this will give you discounts on all draught beers, discounts in the club shop and all games will be 12 if you are a member

backie
Is this actually allowed? I thought the admission price has to be structured in such a way so visiting fans are not disadvantaged in anyway. I seem to remember Deeping falling foul of this when they tried it with us the first season following the Club being reformed? I think they priced it at 5 for their fans, and 7 for ours with the excuse that Lynn fans were paying that at Walks anyway?! I can also remember the protests from the Lynn fans when they tried it on!
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 10:45:45 AM »
I think as far as the rule book goes it is defined as a concession. Yes it is likely to impact on away fans more than home fans but anyone not a member would have to pay the higher price. 
Will be interesting to see which matches the higher admission charges will apply to. Can't see many Hereford fans travelling for a midweek trip to Lynn in January.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
I think as far as the rule book goes it is defined as a concession. Yes it is likely to impact on away fans more than home fans but anyone not a member would have to pay the higher price. 
Will be interesting to see which matches the higher admission charges will apply to. Can't see many Hereford fans travelling for a midweek trip to Lynn in January.

Can't see many fans travelling if games are 15,especially a midweek game? :bankrupt:
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last."

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »
Personally I think they will be pushing it a bit with that one. I suppose a lot will depend on how the visiting Club views it and if any objections are made. I can't see that Lynn fans would be very happy if the boot was on the other foot! Will other Clubs retaliate and put up their prices, just because its Lynn visiting (as Deeping did)?
Regarding Concessions. I seem to recall that Clubs are only allowed two Concession matches each season? Do you know if that's correct?
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
Surely charging 15 will only come into play during the business end of the season and only if Lynn are in the top six and playing another team also in the top six.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »
in this league  most teams have a chance of being a top 6 side so 15 for all games then I would imagine -   I cant see any stand out teams that could/would justify  15  and who would say who they should be ??? 

In the premiership  bet Leicester weren't classed as a  top 6 side after they won the league and fans had to pay extra to watch  them

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 02:35:06 PM »
It would or should only apply for the last 4/6 weeks of the season Wing and for the reasons previously given. Sufficient advance notice should also be given to prevent nasty shocks at the ticket office. It would be extremely unlikely that any team in the top 6 will continuously be playing other teams in the top 6 during the last 4/6 weeks. We wait and see :-)

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »
Couldn't agree more with the majority of you :clap: but with the mentality of the entrepreneurial chairman he can see easy in the days ahead....from last seasons teams, no one in my opinion were way ahead of kings lynn to warrant 10 -15 ?  There were better, yes better, but no outstanding outfit.... perhaps less effort into community freebies and more help and rewards for the paying customers  :dontknow:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 09:33:31 PM »
i bet its 15 for st ives, kettering and st neots.  hit them bank holiday crowds.  :oldman"

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 10:27:58 PM »
i bet its 15 for st ives, kettering and st neots.  hit them bank holiday crowds.  :oldman"

Lets be perfectly honest,over the last few years with the exception of FC United of Manchester no visiting team has really swelled the coffers,so home fans pay the price! :bankrupt:
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last."

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
I really do believe that at this level 15 is excessive.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »
15 quid is ripping off the fans ,could understand if we had some big signings but we signing players from lower levels, price of food and drink and 15 quid entry is taking the pixx big time

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
15 quid is ripping off the fans ,could understand if we had some big signings but we signing players from lower levels, price of food and drink and 15 quid entry is taking the pixx big time

Why the obsession about "big name" signings? We don't exactly have a great track record with that over the years. Even you mate Setch didn't have much luck with them.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »
I don't get this big obsession with food and drink at a football game. Eat lunchtime have a few drinks at the Lord Napier before the game if that's what does it for you. Surely people can manage to go a couple of hours without needing to eat or drink ?