Author Topic: Stamford Away  (Read 1757 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Stamford Away
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:58:42 PM »
Anybody off to Stamford tomorrow. Will be travelling up the A1 after work to see the NEW team. Hope the journey will be worthwhile. Will we keep the ball on the ground or will be the same old Lynn hoofing it up the pitch in the air and hoping someone gets on the end of it. :bus:

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Stamford Away
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »
Will be their, travelling by train, fingers crossed improvements all round :scarf:

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:32:27 PM »
Good display by all. The omens are good for the coming season. I.C seems to have the squad playing a lot more positive than last term. Sam G was immense, I don't know many of the faces on show but the attitude was promising. Number 17 is a good ball player; we seem to have more height in the squad, especially at centre back; (No. 5 looks and plays the part), which is better than last season when the opposition just played the ball over our midfield,  (Mind you, Snow White had more height in her squad than Stamford have). The attitude seems a lot better than last season at the games I am able to get to (Hitchin and Biggleswade). The second half was basically a different team but a young lad, No. 2 I think, looked liked the real deal, just needs to get the ball more often, could be a whippet down the wing and get the crosses in. Overall a worthwhile trip to Stamford and look forward to the coming season and listening to the commentary on the radio. Keep the faith, it looks like we have the makings of a decent squad; with I.C. in charge we have someone with a professional attitude to recruitment not seen, (in my view) since Tommy T. days (now with Royston by the way).

Birc95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »
Made the trip as well..firstly the opposition were slightly mediocre but take nothing away from the lynn boys they put in an excellent effort. For me the stand outs were shipp/jarvis/qaughran...still need a proven striker though :welcome:

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
Thank you guys for your report/reflection on the game. I am saving up for the football feast on the weekend of August 12th/13th. Lynn on Saturday; Norwich Sunday. Hopefully, a few Norwich supporters will turn up to watch the other big Norfolk team. I say big; the admission prices for both clubs is the same for their pre- season friendlies. I also use the word feast; no food or drink at either game, just feasting on what I hope will be quality football. Good to see trialists being used; one of Tom Siddons under 18 contemporaries was a player called Chris Smalling. He might be worth looking at. However, I think he plays for another club!
We still dream about a striker though! Will our wishes be GRANTed!

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »
I went and firstly I have to say I was quite impressed with Stamfords facilities and their general set up..........the team wasn't all that though but as Birc stated, you cannot take anything away from Lynn's performance which was good.

Siddons (the trialist) was a big lad and it would be interesting to see him a couple more times as I think he contributed quite well all things considered.

Shipp is a great little player, Jarvis looked good, Tom Ward is a cracking defender, Sam played well, Hawkins was good in spells and I think we are moving in the right direction on the field.

Where was Mettam??

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »
Also, where was Gillies

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »
and Whayman
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 10:54:51 AM »
And Edge. And Castellan.

Guess it shows with the players mentioned not being available, the squad is looking fairly good (at the moment!)

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
And Edge. And Castellan.

Guess it shows with the players mentioned not being available, the squad is looking fairly good (at the moment!)
Good point, although the word "guess" seems to be very appropriate.

If the Club really wants all the fans on board for the journey, they need to keep communicating. Surely they must understand that the supporters have an interest in what's going on.  :dontknow:
In life, its important to remember that those that can't, usually teach!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »
Sounds a decent performance. Reading the Stamford forum seems Lynn totally dominated from start to finish.   Stamford  wasn't ever the best hunting ground for either Setch or Webb as I recall.  Nice to get a result but its more about the performance at this stage.