Author Topic: Covid, what happens when ?  (Read 7965 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Covid, what happens when ?
« on: July 13, 2021, 02:18:28 PM »
I see clubs have started calling pre season games off because of Covid outbreaks in their squad.   Players having to isolate etc.

So after next Monday, if a club has an outbreak of Covid will the squad’s have to isolate this causing games to be postponed ?

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

Re: Covid, what happens when ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »
It's going to be utter chaos as case rates zoom up. I guess if all Elite Players are double jabbed they could be exempt from self isolating (?)

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 10:10:36 AM »
Much as I hope it’s a great season, I don’t believe anywhere should be opening at the moment.  This thing is not a quitter, and would grab the chance of mutating.

KES80

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »
Much as I hope it’s a great season, I don’t believe anywhere should be opening at the moment.  This thing is not a quitter, and would grab the chance of mutating.

Fully agree

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »

Fully agree

Me too.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 11:52:14 AM »
With the lifting of restrictions on Monday it throws it back on the individual on how they wish to conduct themselves.

My question was based around playing squads.  As in with rising infection rates once one player has Covid will the squad have to self isolate meaning games being called off.   Or will games go ahead despite players having Covid ?

KES80

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 12:03:58 PM »
There seems to be a general move towards those who have been double jabbed, no longer having to self isolate :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
So players with Covid can just continue to play, if feeling well enough.   Will testing within clubs still be carried out ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 01:36:49 PM »
So players with Covid can just continue to play, if feeling well enough.   Will testing within clubs still be carried out ?

Surely the Clubs have at least a moral responsibility towards their supporters and the public in general.

So, I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 01:39:13 PM »
Lots of unanswered questions with people being unsure on what happens from Monday.

Seems like face masks are to be worn in some indoor spaces but not others.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 02:56:16 PM »
I think people are trying to make things harder than they really are.  The rules regarding those who are infected (positive test) are pretty much unchanged ie they have to isolate, and this will continue.  What is being proposed is that from the 16th August, those who are double jabbed (not sure if this would include some or all of our squad) would not have to isolate if they have come into contact with a positive case but instead can test regularly to remain at work.  Obviously if they then produce a positive test they would then have to isolate but this easing of 'unnecessary' isolations should mean less fixtures being lost.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 03:37:06 PM »
Some clarity there Tone.  So fingers crossed that clubs don’t lose to many players to positive cases.  Or if they do it doesn’t effect games being called off

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
Wasn't it said last season that regular testing of the Squad was too expensive?  :dontknow:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2021, 06:40:34 AM »
Wasn't it said last season that regular testing of the Squad was too expensive?  :dontknow:

Make them go to their local chemists and get their own. Save a fortune . :countingmoney:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2021, 08:34:30 AM »

Think we are now in 'different times', if any of the players have kids they will probably be familiar with weekly testing and I know of a number of employers who now insist on weekly / regular testing by employees who come onto site added to the fact that the availability of testing kits is much wider than 6-9 months ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal