Weymouth 3 King's Lynn Town 1
Saturday 7th October
Saturday 7th October
Evo-Stik Southern Prem
01 Kettering Town 10 27
02 Slough Town 10 24
03 Hereford 10 23
04 King's Lynn Town 10 22
05 Redditch United 11 22
06 Tiverton Town 12 22
07 Weymouth 10 19

Thurlow Nunn Div One
01  Woodbridge Town 10 28
02  Whitton United 11 27
03  Kings Lynn T Res 13 25
04  Framlingham Town 8 20
05  Debenham LC 9 20
06  Halstead Town 12 19
07  Holland FC 9 18

Weymouth had just the right tactics against Lynn, allowing them the possession but having the discipline and organisation to give Lynn few chances and then having the speed to hurt them on the break.
Lynn fielded the same team that defeated Biggleswade.
Both teams took time to settle with Lynn have a free kick which came to nothing and Weymouth having the first corner which had the same result.
Then in the twelfth minute Cameron Norman's cross found Ryan Hawkins who was judged to have been pushed and Lynn were awarded a penalty. Michael Clunan tried to place his spot kick but home 'keeper Gareth Stewart guessed the right way to pull off a good save.
Four minutes later Weymouth had their first shot Calvin Brooks dragging the ball back for Brandon Goodship who forced a good save from Alex Street.
Lynn continued to dominate with Norman proving a handful for the home defence but resolute defending and blocking gave Lynn few chances in the final third.
Weymouth took the lead against the run of play on 28 minutes Goodship getting on the end of a ball over the top to round Street and score.
Ten minutes before the break a foul by Terras' McCarthy on Gash gave Lynn a free kick from some 25 yards. Hawkin's looping kick went over the wall but hit the base of the upright.
Lynn lost Leon Mettam with a suspected hamstring injury and then Norman ballooned over having been picked out by Clunan's corner.
The second half began in much the same vein as the first with Stewart pulling off a number of saves and it was no surprise when Lynn equalised on 67 minutes, Michael Gash scoring after exchanging passes with Craig Parker.
It should have been the goal that inspired the Linnets to victory but on 75 minutes a moment of hesitation in the Lynn defence allowed Goodship to score his second of the afternoon.
Stewart then pulled off another good save to deny Gash who was on the end of Toby Hilliard's cross.
With six minutes remaining Lynn's defence failed to clear their lines when Harry Baker crossed and the ball fell to Charlie Davis whose dipping 25-yard volley beat Street.
Stewart, who was the Terras man of the match, then parried an angled shot from Norman to end Lynn's hopes.
Weymouth: G. Stewart, Brooks, Cooper (Tubbs 72), Wells, Buckley, Carmichael, Davis, McCarthy, Thomson (Baker 72), Goodship, Wakefield. Subs: Tiago Sa, Prodomo, Baker, Harvey, Tubbs, Booked: Thomson, Carmichael, Goodship, Davis, McCarthy. Scorer: Goodship 29. 75 Davis 83
Lynn: Street, Norman, Blake-Tracy, Fryatt, Ward, Jarvis, Clunan, Parker (Gillies 82), Mettam (Hilliard 33), Gash, Hawkins. Subs: Gaughran, Siddons, Gillies, McQuaid, Hilliard. Scorer: Gash 67
Attendance: 662

Elsewhere, in a re-arranged game Lynn Reserves went down 0-3 to league leaders Woodbridge Town. Lynn had Dion Frary available from his loan at Dereham Town but unavailability/injuries resulted in just Kyran Stannard being the only ever-present for Lynn. Lynn fell behind on 11 minutes and on 33 minutes they doubled their lead in a first half dominated by the home side, Harry Whayman going closest for Lynn.
The scoring was completed on 67 minutes, Kelsey Trotter getting his second of the afternoon.
Ryan Lennon and Matty Dye went close for Lynn but it was a good save from Tommy Rix in the last minute that prevented Trotter getting his hat-trick.
Lynn: Rix, Noble, McLeish, English, Frary, Stannard, Daw, Dye, Lennon, Fryatt, Whayman, Subs: Gray, Upson, Fishwick, Reeve, South.