• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

AFC Telford United 1 King's Lynn Town 3
Saturday 17th August
Saturday 17th August
Vanarama National North
01 York City 5 13
02 Guiseley 5 10
03 King's Lynn 5 10
04 Hereford 5 10
05 Chester 5 9
06 Curzon Ashton 5 8
07 Southport 5 8

Thurlow Nunn Div One
14  Gt Yarmouth Town 3 2
15  Framlingham Town 3 2
16  Cornard United 3 2
17  King's Lynn Reserves 2 1
18  Fakenham Town 4 1
19  Felixstowe Reserves 1 0
20  Wisbech St Mary 3 0

Lynn recorded their first win at the New Bucks Head in twelve visits and inflicted the first home league defeat of the season on the Bucks.
Lynn made three changes to the starting line-up that secured a point at Brackley with Ryan Jarvis, Sam Kelly and Alfie Payne coming in for Jordan Richards, Chris Henderson and Ryan Fryatt.
Telford also made changes to the team that lost to Hereford in mid-week with Henry Cowans, Brendon Daniels and James McQuilkin coming in for Steph Morley, Chris Lait and Marcus Dinanga.
The home side started brightly without causing any real threat on goal, Lynn responded in the seventh minute with Michael Clunan starting an ending a move which saw his shot from some 25 yards force a diving save from Corey Addai in the home goal.
Two minutes later Sam Kelly tried something similar but once again Addai was on hand to save.
Lynn continued to press and create chances and on nineteen minutes took the lead when Aaron Jones picked out Michael Gash just inside the box who advanced on the goal to put the ball past Addai from inside the six yard area.
Clunan had a fierce shot from 18 yards saved by Addai just before the half hour, the resulting corner seeing another good save to deny Adam Marriott as Lynn continues to move the ball with confidence.
With half time approaching, Lynn doubled their lead; Adam Marriott on hand to nod into an empty net after Addai pushed away Nathan Fox’s angled shot.
Telford introduced former Tamworth winger Chris Lait at the break and the home side looked slightly better but on 55 minutes Lynn scored again, Fox setting Alfie Payne away whose strong finish gave Addai no chance.
The Bucks, with nothing to lose, tried to salvage something from the game and pulled a goal back following a corner with James McQuilkin scoring.
The home side had the ball in the net again from a Shane Sutton header following a free kick but the effort was ruled offside.
In stoppage time the home side appear to be awarded a penalty following a foul by Alex Street but the decision was then overturned.
Lynn had the final say with Addai once again pulling off another good save.
Telford: Addai, White, Deeney, Walker (Lait h/t), Sutton, Streete, Cowans, McQuilkin (Brown 71), Williams, Daniels (Dinanga 59), Knights. Unused subs: Lilly, Royle. Scorer: McQuilkin 62
Lynn: Street, Jones, Fox, Jarvis, Smith, McAuley, Clunan, Payne (Richards 73), Gash, Marriott, Kelly (Fryatt 54). Unused subs: Henderson, Barrows, Hawkins.Booked: McAuley. Scorers: Gash 19, Marriott 44, Payne 55
Attendance: 1,003