• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

King's Lynn Town 3 Hereford 1
Saturday 10th August
Saturday 10th August
Vanarama National North
01 York City 3 7
02 Guiseley 3 6
03 King's Lynn 3 6
04 Curzon Ashton 3 5
05 Southport 3 5
06 Leamington 3 5
07 Chester 3 5

Thurlow Nunn Div One
09  Downham Town 1 3
10  Haverhill Borough 2 3
11  Framlingham Town 2 2
12  King's Lynn Reserves 1 1
13  Fakenham Town 2 1
14  Gt Yarmouth Town 2 1
15  Cornard United 2 1

The Walks has never been a happy hunting ground for Hereford and so it proved on Saturday as they left with having failed to improve their record which now stands at one win in twelve visits.
Hereford, who came to The Walks unbeaten in their opening two league games, left with little to show for their team strengthening efforts over the summer.
They made one change from the team that won against Gloucester City in midweek with Jason Pope coming in defence, although his involvement only lasted until the break by which time the Bulls were trailing 2-0.
Lynn, unchanged for the third successive game, started brightly with Nathan Fox causing the visitors trouble down the left and chances falling to Ryan Jarvis and Michael Gash.
Chris Henderson then set up Adam Marriott who shot across goal.
Aaron Jones then saw a cross fumbled by visiting 'keeper Brandon Hall but Gash was unable to take advantage.
After a further couple of opportunities fell to the home side they deservedly took the lead on 25 minutes, Gash heading home Fox's cross at the back post.
On 33 minutes Hereford had their first real chance when the ball fell to Jordan Nicholas who fired wide from the edge of the box.
Fox had a shot narrowly wide as half time approached and then, in the time added on, neat play by Gash set up Henderson to steer the ball into the bottom corner.
The Bulls introduced Reece Styche for Pope as they made adjustments to their formation and he created a couple of chances for Hereford in a brief appearance before being forced off with a shoulder injury.
On 52 minutes Lynn extended their lead when a looping Aaron Jones cross-cum-shot somehow found the back of the net for his first goal for the club on his 37th appearance.
Clunan, making his 200th Lynn appearance, forced a good save from Hall on 56 minutes soon followed by a Ryan Fryatt header which Hall tipped over.
Mike Symonds replaced Styche and he, or the substitution of Lynn's Ryan Jarvis, seems to breathe life into Hereford with Nicholson forcing Alex Street into a good save and then Symonds got on the end of a Bradley Ash cross on 75 minutes for a consolation goal.
Lynn: Street, Jones, Fox, Smith, Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan, Jarvis (Richards 64), Gash, Marriott (Hawkins 80), Henderson (Kelly 73). Unused subs: Payne, Carey. Booked: Clunan, Gash. Scorers: Gash 25, Henderson 45+1. Jones 52
Hereford: Hall, Hodgkiss, Pope (Styche h/t, Symons 61), Thomas, Cullinane-Liburd, Gowling, Nicholson, Jagger Cane, Liburd, Owen-Evans, Hanley (Ash 66). Unused subs: Maye, O'Sullivan. Booked: Nicholson. Hanley. Scorer: Symons 75
Attendance: 1,148