• blueandgold
  • amazon
  • facebook
  • easyfundraising
  • twitter
Our sponsors
Blue & Gold Trust Official Website

York City 3 King's Lynn Town 0
Saturday 28th September
Saturday 28th September
Vanarama National North
01 York City 12 28
02 Chester 12 25
03 King's Lynn 12 24
04 Farsley Celtic 12 22
05 Brackley Town 12 21
06 Guiseley 12 20
07 Alfreton Town 12 19

Thurlow Nunn Div One
13  Haverhill Borough 8 9
14  Leiston Reserves 9 9
15  Gt Yarmouth Town 7 8
16  King's Lynn Reserves 9 8
17  Cornard United 8 8
18  Felixstowe Reserves 8 6
19  Framlingham Town 7 2

Lynn’s much anticipated trip to York ended in defeat but praise for a performance which saw them with the bulk of possession and a score line that flattered the home side whose clinical finishing, with three goals from four chances, and a well drilled defence was the difference, along with a squad of 26 professionals.
Lynn made four changes from the starting eleven that defeated Alfreton on Tuesday; in came Rory McAuley (from suspension), Michael Gash (although still carrying an injury) Michael Clunan, and Nathan Fox while out went Ryan Fryatt, with a knee injury, with Ross Barrows, Sonny Carey and Sam Kelly dropping to the bench.
Despite having 70% of the first half possession this was largely in the first two thirds of the pitch with chances near the Minstermen’s goal at a premium.
On twelve minutes a free kick from some 30 yards saw Andy Bond’s effort sail over Alex Street’s bar and on 22 minutes it was the same player who gave the home side the lead tapping in David Ferguson’s low cross at the far post from two yards.
Nathan Fox was the on hand to clear Adriano Moke’s attempted ball to the waiting Alex Kempster and just after the half hour Alex Street produced a save at full stretch to keep out Joe Tait’s header whilst Lynn’s best chances of the opening half came in the closing stages.
Lynn had a half chance when a free kick found Fox but his ball to Gash was cleared and then with two minutes remaining Chris Henderson headed wide from Aaron Jones cross and in the final seconds Gash tried a curled effort that was saved by ’keeper Peter Jameson.
Lynn introduced Barrows at the break opting for a defensive three and had a short spell on the offensive.
Lynn had a chance on 56 minutes when Alfie Payne’s cross to Gash was intercepted at the expense of a corner. Sonny Carey centre was then nodded down by Gash towards Adan Marriott, who had been well shepherded throughout by the York defence, but it was just out of his reach.
Marriott then tried a shot from the edge of the box which went over but in the next minute the home side doubled their lead when a low cross from the left was helped in by Ferguson who fired across Street and into the corner of the net.
York had a couple of efforts that were blocked or saved but the third goal arrived with five minute remaining, Ferguson’s corner finding the head of Tait.
York: Jameson, Dyer, Tait, Newton, Spratt, Ferguson, Moke, Bond (Green 75), McLaughlin, Kempster, Burrow. Booked: Kempster. Unused subs: Whitley, King, Durrell, McFarlane. Booked: Moke, Kempster. Scorer: Bond 22, Ferguson 71, Tait 85
Lynn: Street, Jones, Fox, Jarvis (Barrows h/t), Smith, McAuley, Clunan (Carey 63), Payne, Gash, Marriott, Henderson (Richards 63). Unused subs: Kelly, Stewart. Booked: Jones
Attendance: 3,082 (274 Lynn fans)