Lynn FC logo
"The Linnets"
This website is dedicated to the senior football club in King's Lynn, known as "The Linnets"
News from The Walks: January - May 2005
11 May 2005
Lynn Youth won the Ridgeons Youth League Championship Final at Fenland Park with a 5-0 victory over Stamford side Blackstones in front of a crowd of 162. Keegan (3),  White and Crawford were the scorers
7 May 2005
Lynn Reserves ended their Ridgeons League campaign with a fine 4-1 victory over Newmarket Town. Lynn took the lead on two minutes when Lee Hyde volleyed home after a cross from McNeil. The visitors then began to apply pressure in what turned out to be their best period of the game. One effort hit the bar before Marcus Hering equalised on 12 minutes from close in following a free kick.
Jack Defty had a shot saved three minutes later and then Adam Williams put Lynn back in front on the half hour - heading home from a cross on the Lynn left.
Lynn went three up ten minutes into the second half when substitute Tom White was on hand to finish off after Forshaw's shot was only palmed away. Lee Hyde had a chance to show that his first half goal was no fluke but ballooned the ball from a similar position. Jack Defty then shook off three challenges before completing the scoring on 75 minutes.
The final ten minutes saw Darren Bloodworth make a cameo appearance in his last match as manager - being loudly cheered for every touch of the ball - and also when he fell over!
An enjoyable game played in sun, rain, hail and thunder with puddles on the pitch at times.
Lynn: Higgs, Palmer, Buhleman, C Defty, Hammond, Hyde, McNeil, J Defty, Forshaw (Fell 60), Williams (Bloodworth 80), Heath-Preston (White h/t).
Att: 165.
5 May 2005
Lynn Youth progressed to the Final of the Ridgeons Youth League Championship with a 3-0 win at Haverhill Rovers. They will play Blackstones in the Final next Wednesday at Fenland Park.
1 May 2005
Lynn have parted company with 'keeper Steve Wilson who has not figured since being substituted during the League Cup semi-final first leg at Bedford. Wilson made over 160 starts for Lynn and holds the post-war record as the first player to keep 50 clean sheets - doing this from 147 appearances.
On the arrivals front, Lynn have made an offer to Boston United's defender Dean West. The 32-year-old ex-Lincoln, Bury and Burnley right back is dropping out of the professional game to set up his own business.
The 32-year-old (b. 5/12/1972) Wakefield born right back  joined Boston United in September 2004 from Lincoln City having previous spent a loan spell with The Pilgrims 10 years earlier - as a striker.  He joined Bury in 1995 before switching to Burnley on a free transfer in 1999. He rejoined Lincoln at the start of the season, but failed to re-establish himself in the first team. He has made 25 starts for Boston this season plus two appearances as substitute.
Pre-season training begins on July 2nd.
30 April 2005
Lynn 1 Tiverton Town 1
Lynn ended their Southern League campaign with a 1-1 draw against play-off hopefuls Tiverton.
For Tiverton this was not just a must-win game but a must win by a decent margin game - but they showed little evidence as they set out their stall physically in what was a bad tempered game. Steve Winter gave the visitors the lead on 13 minutes after a poor clearance from the home defence but Lynn pulled a goal back on the half hour - Danny Bloomfield heading in from close range.
The second half saw little in the way of goalmouth action although Mudge missed a good opportunity for Tiverton whilst Lynn had a number of chances to get all three points - particularly in the closing stages.
Lynn: Higgs, Jones (C Defty), Setchell, Hammond, Clark, McMahon, Camm, O'Halloran, Hay (Forshaw), Bloomfield, Angel (Quistin).
29 April 2005
Darren Bloodworth will step down as Lynn Reserves manager after the last game of the season.
He will be coaching in America in July and August and therefore miss pre-season. He will still be involved with the club on his return in a coaching capacity.
The club will fill vacancy internally.
27 April 2005
Lynn Reserves cam from behind twice in their 3-3 draw with Cambridge City. They then took the lead but City equalised in the final minute.
They need one point from their remaining game or for Stowmarket to drop a point in their remaining two games to ensure Premier Division football next season.
Lynn scorers were McNeil, White and Heath-Preston.
26 April 2005
Lynn 1 Bedford 0
Lynn won the Southern League Cup for the first time in their history with a 3-2 aggregate win.. Bedford pressed from the start and Higgs did well to punch clear an early corner but whilst it was the visitors applying the pressure it was Lynn that went closest on the breaks.
On three minutes Bloomfield did well to set up Hay who skimmed the top of the bar from three yards. McMahon and then Hay both shot wide in the opening 15 minutes whilst whilst Bedford's best chance came when the ball hit Clark's knee and Higgs did well to prevent an own goal.
Jack Defty headed into the side netting from Mark Angel's cross.
Bedford had appeals for a penalty turned down when Purzycki went to ground in the box and almost immediately Howarth was booked for upending Bloomfield.
The goal came on 38 minutes. Jack Defty's persistence won a throw in and Jones' long throw resulted in a goalmouth scramble which Darran Hay forced home.
The goal stung Bedford into action but Wardley shot over.
Surprisingly it was Lynn who applied the most pressure at the beginning of the second half - a back header from a Bedford defender found Hay who headed straight at Bedford keeper Robinson.
On the hour a triple substitution by Bedford resulted in the expected onslaught with Lynn having just Bloomfield in the visitor's half for long periods. Angel went close with a Lynn breakaway whilst for Bedford Wardley went close with a chip and Howe fired over on 78 minutes but Lynn were doing a fine containing job.
Danny Bloomfield had a good chance to put the game beyond doubt in the final minutes but having beaten the 'keeper he couldn't finish.
Lynn: Higgs, Jones, Setchell, Hammond, Clark, McMahon (C Defty 88), Camm, J Defty (O'Halloran 70), Hay, Bloomfield, Angel (Quistin 83)
Booked: Clark (foul), Jones (time wasting)
: Robinson, Jackman, Taylor (Okai 60), James, Howarth, Wardley, Challinor (Blake 60), Rydeheard, Purzycki (McElroy 60), Howe, Lawley. Booked: Challinor (foul), Howarth (foul). 
25 April 2005
Lynn Reserves continued their demanding schedule with the third of four games taking place over seven days. This time it was Bury Town who ran out 1-0 winners at The Walks - the goal coming from the penalty spot in the last minute. Lynn continue with a game at Cambridge City on Wednesday and then, ironically, have to wait over a week to complete the season.
23 April 2005
Gloucester City 2 King's Lynn 0
Lynn lost David Staff three minutes into this game with a re-occurrence of his ankle injury. Within  minutes Lynn were a goal down and then a mistake by keeper Jon Higgs on 23 minutes  allowed the home side to a two goal half time lead. The second half produced little in terms of goal mouth action - Darran Hay going closest for Lynn - blasting over from close range.
Lynn: Higgs, Jones, Setchell, Clark, Quistin, Camm, Staff (Bloomfield), McMahan, Hay, O'Halloran, Angel (Hammond). Substitutes: Defty, Wilson.

Lynn Reserves 1 Gt Yarmouth Town 0
A goal by Liam Forshaw five minutes from time gave Lynn all three points 
to help the fight against relegation. The victory was just about what they deserved given their dominance although it was the visitors who came nearest to scoring - twice hitting the upright in the second half. Lynn were reduced to ten men through injury some ten minutes before the end but they continued to press forward and a ball to Liam Forshaw saw him take it round the keeper and tap it into the net.
21 April 2005
Lynn Reserves 2 AFC Sudbury 0
  Goals by Liam Forshaw and Luke Fell saw Lynn Reserves to victory over league leaders and FA Vase Finalist AFC Sudbury.
The victory moves Lynn out of the Premier Division relegation zone and will be a major boost in preparation for the visit of bottom club Yarmouth Town on Saturday.

In the Youth League semi-final play off Lynn will travel to Haverhill Rovers who defeated Felixstowe and Walton United 3-0.
19 April 2005
Bedford 2 King's Lynn 2
Lynn, without the injured Mark Angel and Jack Defty. came back from two goals down to keep the Southern League Cup final nicely balanced going into the second leg.
Bedford took the lead on 34 minutes from a corner and increased it midway through the second half. David Staff pulled a goal back on 79 minutes when he headed home a Matt O'Halloran cross and then on 89 minutes O'Halloran was fouled on the edge of the box and Staff produced another of his free kick specials to give Lynn the slimmest advantage (away goals) for next Tuesday.
Lynn: S. Wilson, Hyde, Setchell, Clark, Hammond, Camm, Staff, McMahon, Hay, Bloomfield, O'Halloran. Subs: Jones, Quistin, J Wilson, Forshaw, Higgs. Att: 681
16 April 2005
Lynn 1 Aylesbury United 0 
A Mark Angel goal from a free kick on 50 minutes gave Lynn a deserved victory to jolt Aylesbury's play-off hopes.
Lynn had much the better of the first half but failed to convert their superiority into goals. Lynn's best chance came from a free kick on 31 minutes after Bloomfield had been fouled by Mark Angel's short was pushed round the post for a corner. Prior to that the two chances of note had both come from the Lynn left - Angel crossing in the opening five minutes but no one being on hand to provide hat would have been a simple tap in. Then Setchell broke into the box but his cross once again lacked someone to apply the final touch.
Five minutes into the second half and Lynn went ahead from Angel's free kick after Hay had been fouled. Not surprisingly the visitor's came more into the game after this but never really tested Wilson in the Lynn goal. In fact Lynn probably had the best chance of the half when an Aylebury defender discued a header which went behind him and fell into the path of Danny Bloomfield who only had the keeper to beat but his shot was straight at him.
Lynn: Wilson, O'Halloran (Staff), Setchell, Clark, Hammond, Camm, Defty (Quistin), McMahon, Hay (Harvey), Bloomfield, Staff. 
Att: 788

Lynn Reserves
inflicted just the second home defeat of the season on Halstead. Mark Heath-Preston got the all important goal on the half hour after David Chick had dispossessed Halstead's Paul Miles.
Lynn had Chick sent off just before the end for dissent.
12 April
Lynn 1 Histon 4
If only Lynn had played the whole ninety minutes as the did the opening and closing ten minutes of the first half.
If only Lance Key had been sent off rather booked for handling the ball outside the area after 10 minutes.
If only Lynn could defend corners !
As it was Lynn started in superb form with Bloomfield just failing to connect with a header in the opening minutes. Hammond then shot over on eight minutes and then two minutes later Key came out of his area and caught the ball with Lynn forwards bearing down on him but referee Mr Beevor chose to show yellow rather than red. It will be little consolation for Lynn that a referee's assessor was watching. The resultant free kick was wasted and although the ball struck the upright and the bar any goal would have been ruled out as offside.
The match became more even and, still against the run of play, Histon took the lead through Vowden on 23 minutes after winning a corner on the Lynn left.
Four minutes later Lynn were two down - another corner on the Lynn left was cleared only to Neil Andrews who shot home from some 25 yards.
Slowly Lynn began to recover with Jack Defty have an effort saved on 34 minutes and then Danny Bloomfield glanced home a header three minutes later as Lynn finished the half as they had started.
The second half, however, did not live up to the first. Histon just about shaded play as Lynn's final rally never came. Hay headed over on 64 minutes and Angel forced a save two minutes later.
Substitutions were made and gaps began to appear in the Lynn defence as Lynn looked for an equaliser but it was Neil Kennedy who scored for Histon on 76 minutes. Five minutes later and another corner on the Lynn left and ex-Linnet Colin Vowden scored again.
Lynn still had time to hit the woodwork but it wasn't Lynn's night. A result which flattered the visitors but a win which, on the night, they deserved.
Lynn: Higgs, Harvey (Quistin), Staff, Clark, Hammond, Camm, Defty (Forshaw), McMahon, Hay (O'Halloran), Bloomfield, Angel.
Att: 788
9 April 2005
A handball offence by Stephen Harvey in the 44th minute resulted in his dismissal and Halesowen taking a lead from the penalty spot.
Prior to that, after a quiet opening, Lynn had gone close with Darran Hay having one effort onto the bar on 32 minutes and a goal disallowed for offside on 35 minutes.
Lynn introduced David Staff and Ludovic Quistin but despite an improved performance it was the home team that held on to secure the all important three points.
Lynn: Wilson, Camm (O'Halloran), Blake (Quistin), McMahon, Hammond, Clark, Defty, Harvey, Hay (Staff), Bloomfield, Angel. Unused Subs: Forshaw, McAnally

A 2-0 defeat for Lynn Reserves at Histon saw them drop to one place above the relegation zone.
3 April 2005
With one defeat in their March League and League Cup games Lynn have been made the GX Soccer Club of the Month.
Ironically last Saturday's opponents, Team Bath, picked up the March Safe Hands Award.
2 April 2005
King's Lynn 4 Team Bath 1
Three goals in the last five minutes gave this game a scoreline which doesn't reflect what happened on the pitch.
Yes, Lynn were worth their win but for long periods this game had the air of an end-of-season affair with the players enjoying the spring sunshine and not over exerting themselves.
What action there was in a nondescript opening mostly fell to Lynn with David Staff in the striker role just failing to make the best of an O'Holloran cross.
Then on the half hour a Staff shot went for a corner from which a scramble in the visitor's goalmouth fell to Danny Bloomfield to score from close range. 
Lynn, however then went to sleep and were duly punished ten minutes later when a corner was allowed to be delivered to the far post to give Garry Haylock a simple tap in. The remaining minutes of the half belonged to Team Bath as it seemed Lynn had lost all shape and organisation in defence.
The second half wasn't much better and although the defence seemed to have recovered from its attack of the jitters there was little threat on the visitor's goal as Lynn could not find their own players yet alone the target.
Hay was introduced for Staff to little effect but then Jack Defty came on for the disappointing O'Holloran and things began to change.
Mark Angel had a shot which hit the upright and then another effort landed on top of the bar, falling nicely to Hay but his tap in was saved on the line.
Ludovic Quistin came on for Gary Setchell and with five minutes remaining his corner was cleared back to him some 30 yards from goal and his returning cross-shot  sailed over everyone into the visitors' net to give Lynn the lead. Quistin immediately went close to adding a second but two minutes later the game was won. Angel's free-kick was headed into goal by Defty and Danny Bloomfield was on hand to put the result beyond doubt.
In the final minute Bloomfield completed his hat trick, his third of the season,  heading over keeper Chitty. With results elsewhere going Lynn's way our play off hopes remain alive - as long we keep winning.
Lynn:  Wilson, Harvey, Setchell (Quistin), Clark, Hammond, Camm, Staff (Hay), McMahon, O'Holloran (Defty), Bloomfield, Angel. Subs: J Wilson,  Higgs. Att: 870
31 March 2005
One transfer which went through on deadline day - Brian Liston-Clark signed Ridgeons Youth  and Ridgeons League forms - Brian arrives at The Walks from Newmarket (where he was on their youth books) and Downham Market.
30 March 2005
Lynn 2 Histon 1 aet
A Gary Setchell two minutes from the end sent this game into extra time and a Ludovic Quistin strike on 108 minutes saved Lynn's blushes as they overcame a Histon team made up of mostly fringe first team and reserve players.
Once again it was Histon's long ball bombardment that was on show and it was that which gave them the lead when a Lynn attack broke down and Hammond was on the receiving end of a quick break to give the visitor's a half time lead (the first goal Lynn have conceded in the competition this year).
All credit to Histon who harried and closed Lynn down and never allowed the home side to settle who were probably more tired having played their third game in five days. By extra time, however, it was the visitors who tired and Ludovic Quistin scored his first senior goal for the club to see them to a two legged final against Bedford Town - the second time Lynn have reached the League Cup final in four years.
Lynn: Wilson, Harvey, Setchell, Clark, Hammond, Camm,  Staff (Hay), Defty (Quistin), Harris (Blake), Bloomfield, Angel. Unused subs: J Wilson, Higgs.
29 March 2005
Lynn Reserves 0 Wisbech Town 0
It wasn't for the want of trying that this game ended goalless - but it was for the want of finishing.
There were plenty of shots towards goal for both sides in a reasonably entertaining games but few were on target.
Lynn shaded the first half in terms on possession and Tom White hit the upright and Luke Fell had one shot straight at the keeper but mostly the strikers were either high or wide - and sometimes both.
Chris Dear was booked for bringing down Luke Fell just outside the box when perhaps a red card might have been more deserving but in the second half Lee Hyde was treated in the same manner in a very similar position.
If Lynn had the better of the first half the Fenmen had the better of the second and at both ends the keepers were actually called on to make saves.
Yet gain, however, the finishing was missing - the highlights being two goal mouth scrambles - in the Lynn goal Jon Higgs did well to survive a melee and then shortly afterwards Lynn managed to hit both uprights but still could not find the net.
For the second successive season Lynn Reserves have been undefeated against our near neighbours. Unusually, neither side used a substitute.
Lynn Reserves: Higgs, Palmer, C Defty, Hyde, J Wilson, Heath-Preston, White, Keegan, Forshaw, Fell, Blake.
28 March 2005
Lynn 4 Stamford 0
Lynn took a few minutes to settle in this must win game and the opening five minutes belonged to the visitors. Then Robbie Harris broke down the right and his centre was headed against the foot of the bar by Danny Bloomfield - suddenly Lynn were awake. From that point on there was no going back and it was surprising that the first goal did not come until 20 minutes - a Danny Bloomfield header being on target from Danny Hammond's cross. Three minutes later Robbie Harris added a second, taking Gary Setchell's pass and rounding the keeper for a simple tap-in,  and then on 34 minutes Stephen Harvey scored his first senior goal for the club to put the result beyond doubt. In between the second and third goals Stevie Wilson produced two good saves to deny the visitors whilst Matt O'Halloran missed a golden opportunity for Lynn - shooting tamely at Watts in the visitor's goal when well placed.
Lynn's first attack of the second half saw Bloomfield score Lynn's fourth but after that play became scrappy as Lynn opted to use their substitutes with the league cup semi-final in mind on Wednesday.
Ludovic Quistin produced the best effort in what was a disappointing second half - disappointing in terms of what had gone before - but his shot was well saved by Watts.
Lynn ended the game with ten men - Chris Bacon being injured after all substitutes were used.
Lynn: Wilson, Harvey, Setchell, Clark (J Wilson), Hammond, Camm, Defty, Harris (Bacon), Bloomfield, Angel (Quistin).
Att: 904
26 March 2005
Histon 3 Lynn 2
Lynn were denied a point in this local derby when Neil Kennedy scored in the final minute following a goal mouth scramble.
It was, perhaps, nothing more than Histon deserved after Lynn had an abysmal opening 30 minutes.
Histon took the lead on eight minutes when Leon Gutzmore finished a quick break down the right giving Wilson no chance in the Lynn goal.
Four minutes later it was two when Gutzmore was on hand to finish off after Barker  had hit the Lynn upright.
It wasn't until 35 minutes that Lynn managed a worthwhile shot on goal, Jack Defty going close but the ball going for a corner.
Lynn managed to pull a goal back on 45 minutes when David Staff's looping cross-cum-shot found the back of the net. A single goal margin at half time did not reflect play and a 5-2 scoreline to Histon would have been more realistic (Lynn's second being a penalty for handball that went unnoticed by the officials).
Lynn produced a much better second half performance with pay going from end to end. Lynn looked to have salvaged a point when Simon Clark scored from outside the area on 86 minutes but could not hold on. The first two Histon goals had come down the Lynn right and so it was with the third with a Hammond mistake allowing the cross and then a desperate scramble eventually saw Kennedy score his 29th goal of the season.
The kick-off was delayed by 30 minutes as referee  Mike George of North Walsham wasn't aware he was supposed to be officiating until earlier in the morning. The appointed referee Graham Kett has been forced to call off but Mike George's substitution  had not been communicated to the most important person - Mike George!
 Lynn: Wilson, Staff, Setchell (Quistin), Defty, Hammond, Clark, O'Halloran (Harris), Camm, Hay (Harvey), Bloomfield, Angel.
Att: 787

Lynn Reserves went down 4-1 at The Walks against high flying Lowestoft. 3-0 down at half time Lynn conceded a fourth midway through the second before Lee Hyde scored a late consolation two minutes after Liam Forshaw had missed a penalty and the visitors had been reduced to ten men.
25 March 2005
"Staffy" returns. Former Walks favourite David Staff has returned to Lynn for the rest of the season. Released by Boston recently David has made one start for The Pilgrims first team plus four appearances as substitute. He has also made ten appearances for Boston Reserves - scoring four goals.
In a two month loan spell at The Walks this season he made twelve appearances - scoring twice.
Staff goes into the first team squad for the trip to Histon - a squad that is still without Adam Jones but otherwise will hopefully be at full strength.
24 March 2005
Lynn Youth ran out 1-0 winners against Hewett on Thursday evening - assuring them of top spot in the Ridgeons Youth Central Division
22 March 2005
Gt Yarmouth Town 2 Lynn Reserves 1
Lynn were unlucky not to get a point in this relegation battle but a very competent display by home keeper Nick Banham kept Lynn at bay for the majority of the game in which they had the most shots on goal.
Lynn fell behind on four minutes when Shane Ward scored and then went two down on 78 minutes to a Scott Woodcock goal.
Six minutes latter Mark Heath-Preston pulled a goal back for Lynn and although they pressed for an equaliser it was not forthcoming.
Lynn: McAnnally, C Defty, Buhleman (Crawford), Hyde, Palmer, McNeil (Scrutton), White, Heath-Preston, Forshaw, Fell, Chick (Keegan).
Att: 69
19 March 2005
Solihull Borough 0 Lynn 1
A Darran Hay goal at the start of the second half gave Lynn victory in a poor game. Lynn were without Simon Clark and Adam Jones whilst Gary Setchell fell victim to an upset stomach in the match warm-up. It was a typical Lynn start with a number of chances being created in the opening 20 minutes, Mark Angel coming closest when he hit the woodwork.
Solihull were rarely seen as an attacking force but they too hit the woodwork just before half time.
Lynn missed further chances in a scrappy game but managed to hang on to all three points to keep their slim play-off hopes alive for another week.
16 March 2005
Lynn Reserves slumped to a second success defeat when they entertained Dereham Town on Wednesday night.
They might have felt a little unlucky to go in 3-1 down at half time but a poor second half performance resulted in a deserved defeat.
Lynn fell behind against the run of play on 14 minutes to a Chris Quint goal but were on level terms three minutes later through Robbie Harris.
Lynn had the better of a kick and rush first half but poor defending allowed Adrian Coote and Michael Thorpe to give the visitors the lead.
Lynn had little to show in the second half and Adrian Coote scored his second on 61 minutes. A late rally saw a Forshaw shot cleared off the line and Robbie Harris scored  from the penalty spot on 78 minutes.
Lynn might have scored again but poor finishing let them down and Dereham deserved their win.
Lynn: Higgs, J Wilson, Buhleman, Clark (Burton h/t), Palmer, McNeil (Fell), White (Forshaw), Heath-Preston, Harris, Bacon, Chick. Att 115
15 March 2005
Lynn Football Club will receive confirmation that they are out of administration in the next few days, some six months ahead of schedule.
Following a meeting on 27 April 2001 a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) was agreed with creditors - the club being an estimated 229,000 in debt. 
As a result Lynn were expected to pay more than 1,500 a month until October 2005. Although the club is not anticipating a profit in the financial year ending 31 May 2005 the move out of administration gives the club more maneuverability. 
Chairman Ken Bobbins explained, "Whatever we did while we were in administration we had to do through the administrator, we were restricted on borrowing money.
"It just allows us the freedom to carry on as we think the football club should be run and the business should be run." 

Lynn won 4-2 against Boston FC in this evening's friendly.
12 March 2005
King's Lynn 1 Merthyr Tydfil 1
Jack Defty got the faintest of touches to a free kick to live Lynn a last minute equaliser in a scrappy game. Chances in the first half were few and far between, Bloomfield shooting just wide of the post and then Hay having an effort scrambled away before the visitors took the lead through Craig Steins who ran at Lynn's defenders before putting in an unstoppable shot. from 25 yards. Shepherd should have made it two for the visitors when, similar to Bloomfield earlier, he shot wide when well placed.
Lynn started the second half brightly with Ashley Morris denying Lynn twice in the opening minutes. Chris Holloway received a straight red card for a foul on O'Halloran but Lynn struggled to take advantage as The Martyrs reorganised and got me behind the ball leaving Lynn to dominate but seldom getting into the Merthyr area.
Lynn three caution to the winds and played with just Mark Camm  in defence as all attacking options on the bench were introduced. The move paid off and Lynn might have stolen it as a Mark Angel free kick from the edge of the area was saved in the final seconds.
Lynn: Wilson, Harvey (Harris), Setchell (Quistin), McMahon, Hammond (Bacon), O'Halloran, Camm, Defty, Hay, Angel. Unused subs: J Wilson, Higgs. Att: 807

Midfielder Mark Angel has signed a revised contract which will see him at The Walks until the end of the 2005/06 season. 

Lynn Reserves went down 4-1 at Harwich & Parkestone despite being in the lead at half time - Luke Fell scoring.
7 March 2005
In the League Cup Semi-Final Lynn will be at home to Histon or Maldon Town, in the other semi-final Paulton Rovers travel to the winners of the Chesham United v Bedford Town tie.
5 March 2005
Aylesbury United  1 King's Lynn 4
First half goals from  Danny Bloomfield (4 minutes), Danny Hammond (10) and Robbie Harris (21) set Lynn on their way to their  sixth away league win of the season. Aylesbury pulled a goal back through Williams on 70 minutes but Matt O'Halloran restored Lynn's lead with his first goal for the club four minutes from time to give them their first victory in three visits at Aylesbury. 
Lynn: Wilson S, Harvey, Setchell, O'Halloran, Hammond, Quistin (J Wilson), Camm, Defty, Harris (Bacon), Bloomfield, Angel. Subs: Forshaw, Hyde,  Higgs. Att. 456
4 March 2005
Lynn have announced their first pre-season friendly - Millwall will be visiting The Walks on Saturday 30th July.
1 March 2005
Lynn 1 Sutton Coldfield Town 0
A Jack Defty goal on 58 minutes saw Lynn progress to the semi-final of the League Cup for the fifth time in six years. It was a victory that Lynn deserved and the margin would have been greater if they had taken their chances.
Lynn gave a debut to Matt O'Halloran whilst Stephen Harvey was given his first start of the season.
Mark Angel had one of the few shots on goal in the first half - the other chances being charged down or missed. The second half started brightly with Danny Bloomfield going just wide in the opening minutes and Lynn beginning to dominate but without converting their chances.
Robbie Harris was introduced for Chris Bacon  and within a couple of minutes Lynn went into the lead when Jack Defty rocketed home  from well outside the area after being set-up by Angel.
Sutton tried to get back into the game but Higgs was never seriously called upon in the Lynn goal - the visitor's best chance coming in the first half when a shot went just over the bar and into the top netting.
Lynn: Higgs, Harvey, Setchell, McMahon, Hammond, O'Halloran Quistin), Camm, Defty (J Wilson), Bacon (Harris), Bloomfield, Angel.
Att: 364
27 February 2005
Signing for Lynn and expected to make his debut on Tuesday is Matt O'Halloran. The 23-year-old Lincoln born winger (b. 18/11/82) has joined from Boston United. His career started as a trainee with Derby County. He spent a loan spell with Burton Albion before going on to Oldham Athletic and Chesterfield. At Oldham Athletic where he made 17 appearances- mostly as substitute, scoring once. He moved on to Chesterfield in December 2003 and made three appearances before joining Boston the following year. He has taken part in ten games this season, scoring once -  a 25 yarder in the last minute against local rivals Scunthorpe.
26 February 2005
Lynn 1 Gloucester City 0
A Darran Hay goal on 32 minutes decided this game and kept Lynn's play-off hopes alive.
Lynn could have had more goals but chances that fell to Bacon twice in the second half and a gilt edged chance for Mark Angel were squandered.
Lynn had the better of the first half although neither goal was seriously troubled in the opening 20 minutes - Gloucester seeming happy to concede corners and free kicks in the bid to keep Lynn at bay.
It was fitting that Lynn's goal came from a free kick - Gloucester were penalised for a hand ball and Mark Angel's free kick found Danny Hammond who supplied Darran Hay whose volleyed shot went into the roof of the net.
This was after Gloucester had had their best chance of the game - Steve Wilson in the Lynn goal making a one handed save which was just enough to put the ball wide of the post.
The second half was a more even affair although Lynn had, and missed, the better chances.
Lynn lost the services of Simon Clark after 17 minutes whilst Gary Setchell and Jack Defty were booked along with Gloucester's Tomkins and Webb.
Lynn: Wilson, Jones, Setchell, McMahon, Hammond, Clark (Harris, Quistin), Camm, Defty, Hay (Bacon), Bloomfield, Angel.
Att: 776 

Mildenhall 2 Lynn Reserves 3
Two goals in the opening ten minutes from Liam Forshaw and a Tom White penalty saw Lynn to a half time lead.
Mark Heath-Preston added a third before shell shocked Mildenhall recovered to make a comeback but Lynn held on.
19 February 2005
Chippenham  1 King's Lynn 0
First half missed chances and some controversial refereeing decisions were the order of the day as Lynn went down to a 63 minute penalty saw Lynn go down to Chippenham - the penalty coming about after a fracas outside the penalty and a decision by the linesman against Lynn. Lynn were reduced to ten men shortly afterwards when Sam McMahon was sent of for a second bookable offence. Lynn had to start the match without Simon Clark who failed a late fitness test but welcomed back Gary Setchell after a long lay off.  Att: 595 

Leiston 5 Lynn Reserves 0
A Glenn Driver hat trick killed off Lynn's hopes although they only trailed 1-0 at half time
15 February 2005
Wisbech Town 2 Lynn Reserves 3
Lynn fielded Danny Hammond, Danny Bloomfield and Jack Defty in a strong line-up against the Fenmen.
Chris Bacon gave Lynn the lead on 26 minutes and Jack Defty made it two just before half time. Substitute Liam Forshaw scored from the penalty spot on 65 minutes. Wisbech pulled two goals back in injury time.
12 February 2005
Bath City 0 King's Lynn 3
Two goals from Jack Defty in the 36 and 58th minutes and a 64th minute strike from Darran Hay set Lynn on the way to a great away victory. Once again the Bath City 'keeper Paul Evans denied Lynn more goals.
Lynn: Wilson, Jones, Harris, McMahon, Hammond, Clark (J Wilson, Quistin), Camm, Defty, Hay, Bloomfield, Angel. Subs:  Bacon, McAnally
Att: 619
11 February 2005
In the Southern League Cup Lynn have been drawn at home to Sutton Coldfield Town.
Sutton have already accounted for Halesowen Town and Rugby United.
In the game against Rugby they were 2-0 down with three minutes remaining but fought back to win 8-2 after extra time!.
The full draw is: 
King's Lynn v Sutton Coldfield Town
Chesham United v Bedford Town
Histon v Maldon Town or East Thurrock United
Paulton Rovers v Chippenham Town

Matches to be played week commencing 28th February.

Lynn have lost out in their attempt to sign Canvey Island's transfer listed defender Matthew Joseph, for the time being at least, he has gone on loan to rivals Histon.

Lynn have ruled out a return for their former director of football Kevin Boon.
An FA hearing earlier this week cleared the former joint manager of improper conduct during and following the home league defeat against  Grantham in October.
In an official statement the club thanked Boon for his offer of assistance, but ruled out the possibility of any role alongside manager Tommy Taylor.

It reads: "The board of directors at King's Lynn wish to express their delight that former director of football Kevin Boon has been cleared of any wrong doing by an FA investigation in relation to alleged incidents that took place during the league match against Grantham in October 2004.

"We also note his offer of assistance, of which we are grateful. However at this time we have no position for a director of football and at this present moment see no requirement for one in the foreseeable future."

5 February 2005
King's Lynn 3 Cirencester 1

Lynn's preparations for this game were marred when Gary Setchell pulled out a few minutes before kick-off, this resulted in Mark Camm dropping back into defence and Kevin Ward making his first start in midfield. Mark Angel was the first to get his name on the score sheet when, on 10 minutes, he converted  a free kick on the edge of the area after Jack Defty had been fouled. Nine minutes later Jack Defty got number two as Lynn took control. 
Cirencester pulled a goal back just before half-time when Jody Bevan took advantage of hesitancy in the Lynn defence.
Cirencester looked to get back into the game in the early stages of the second half but it was another Angel free kick that clinched the points for Lynn. Mark Bryant in the visitor's goal could only push Angel's 66th minute kick onto the bar and Danny Hammond was on hand to blast the ball into the net for his second goal of the season. 
Lynn probably created less chances than they did against Bath but had the benefit of two free kicks on the edge of the area whilst the visitors did not live up to their league position.
Lynn: Wilson, Jones, Ward (Forshaw), Clark, Hammond, McMahon, Camm, Defty (Quistin), Hay, Bloomfield, Angel. Unused Sub:    McNally. Att 698.

Diss Town  2 Lynn Reserves 1 (after extra time)
A late goal for Robbie Harris, tapping home from a Simon Bush header, forced this Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final tie into extra time after a goal from ex-Linnet Matty Clements on 58th minutes had given the home side the lead. But it was a second extra time goal from Clements that saw The Tangerines progress to the final.
1 February 2005
Stamford 0 King's Lynn 1
Lynn progressed to the last eight of the Southern League Cup with a 1-0 win at the Newflame Stadium - the goal coming  via the penalty spot on 60 minutes - Danny Bloomfield converting for his 21st goal of the season.

After the game
it was announced that Carl Holmes would be leaving the club to join Stamford whilst Mark Angel had been transfer listed.
Manager Tommy Taylor attributed Holmes' below par performances in recent weeks to work commitments and travelling problems - for the Northampton postman the day starts at 3 am.
He went on to describe Mark Angel as Lynn's best player - on the ball.
29 January 2005
King's Lynn 0 Bath City 2
Lynn's miserable run continued with a defeat against Bath City - leaving them with just one league win and three goals in the  five games of 2005.
Lynn were without the unwell Adam Jones and the injured Gary Setchell and so Mark Camm was again required to play in defence rather than midfield.
The result might have been much difference had it not been for the form of Bath City's keeper Evans.
Bloomfield, McMahon, and Defty were all denied in an opening twenty minute spell  by a display of good keeping and desperate defending.
Bath were not much of an attacking force in the first half with their efforts going either high or wide.
After a brighter spell for Bath at the beginning of the second half, which saw one shot narrowly wide and a  bad bounce give Steve Wilson a scare, Lynn again began to get the better of the chances with debutant Darran Hay going through with just the keeper to beat  but failing to get control and then  getting the ball in the net on seventy minutes but the effort being ruled offside.
Two minutes later Bath were in the lead - Williams catching Wilson off his line with a 25 yard effort.
Wilson could not be faulted for the second goal on eighty minutes which came from Sykes - this a 20 yard screamer which went in off the underside of the bar.
Lynn belatedly introduced Quistin but the result was beyond doubt by this time.
The scoreline might have flattered the visitors but the story was one all too familiar to Lynn fans - missed chances and then defeat.
Lynn's strikers still did not get the support they needed - too often the midfield not dominating or supporting but if Lynn can continue to create the chances then soon the goals will return - won't they?
Lynn: Wilson, Clark, Blake, McMahon, Hammond, Camm, Holmes, Defty, Hay, Bloomfield, Angel. Subs: Bacon, Ward, Chick, Quistin, Higgs. Att: 915
27 January 2005
Lynn have signed Hitchin Town's Darran Hay - less than a week after he scored two goals against us.
Born in Hitchin (17.12.69) he began his career with Biggleswade before joining Cambridge United in March 1994.
He moved on to Woking a year later and spent five seasons there - a highlight being two FA Trophy winning goals and three winners' medals - before joining Stevenage in June 2000.
In his two seasons at Stevenage he made 35 starts plus thirteen appearances as sub - scoring 19 goals.
His travels then took him to Chesham United, Harrow Borough and then Carshalton Athletic. He has scored 12 league/league cup goals for Hitchin this season having joined them in January 2004.
22 January 2005
Hitchin 3 Lynn 0
Despite having the better of the few chances in a goalless first half it was Hitchin Town who took the lead on 59 minutes against the run of play through Lewis and then added a brace from Hay on 71 and 82 minutes to complete a league double. 
Any Lynn hopes that the League Cup victory on Tuesday was the beginning of a revival have been severely dented as Lynn have managed just the one point and one goal in the last four league games. 

Lynn Reserves went down 1-2 against Diss Town in a rehearsal for the Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final. Liam Forshaw got the Lynn goal but ex-Linnet Jordan Blyth got the winner ten minutes from time.

Meanwhile Nick Matthews has been released by the club.
Arriving at the club at Reserve/Youth Team level is Ryan Scrutton, a former Norwich City Youth Team player, from Lowestoft Town. 
21 January 2005
Sam Signs In
Lynn have signed midfielder Sam McMahon. Newark born (b. 10/02/76) the 28 year old joined Leicester at the age of 16 and spent seven years there, making five appearances including a goal on his debut against Port Vale and one Premiership appearance against Wimbledon.
He moved on to Cambridge United in March 1999 where he made three appearances before joining Stevenage in the summer of that year. He went on to become extremely popular there making 108 appearances plus six as substitute scoring 11 goals, but his career was dogged with injury, including a cruciate ligament in his left knee away at Hereford, which led to him being released.
He went to appear for Kettering and then Burton Albion on trial in December 2003  for whom he subsequently signed, going on to make 13 starts plus three appearances as substitute, scoring once.
Uncertainties about his fitness saw him released by Burton and he then joined Hinckley United in May 2004 where he made  19 starts for The Knitters, scoring two goals. He was given a free transfer  earlier this week.
21 January 2005
In the Fourth Round of the Southern League Cup Lynn have been drawn away to Stamford - the match scheduled to be played w/b Monday 7th February although this assumes that Stamford have no FA Trophy replay (they entertain Walton & Hersham on Saturday 5 February). This will be the third time the clubs have met in this competition - Lynn having won the two previous encounters although needing extra time in the 2000-01 season.
18 January 2005
Lynn 4 Grantham 0
Lynn manager Tommy Taylor demanded that his players stand up and be counted - and on Tuesday even they did just that - albeit after a shaky start. 
Lynn gave Simon Clark, Jon Higgs and Ludovic Quistin their first starts of the season - bringing the number of players used this season to 34. For the opening quarter of the first half Lynn had the "woodwork" to thank for not being three down as the Lynn goal lead a charmed life.
Slowly, however, the tide turned and after Danny Bloomfield gave Lynn the lead on 20 minutes there was only going to be the one winner.
Jack Defty added a second on 34 minutes and Mark Angel the third five minutes before half time. Angel completed the scoring from the penalty spot on 75 minutes.
Lynn: Higgs, Jones, Blake, Hammond, Clark (Matthews), Camm, Holmes, Defty (Forshaw), Bloomfield, Quistin, Angel (Chick), Unused subs: J Wilson, S Wilson
15 January 2005
Grantham 5 Lynn 1
Lynn conceded five goals on their travels for the third time this season - although on this occasion the scoreline was a little harsh.
Lynn were without the injured Setchell and drafted in Mark Camm to a three man defence with David Chick the left wing back.
New signing Ludovic Quiston was on the bench but Mark Ward, it appears, has yet to get international clearance after playing in Finland.
Lynn fell behind on eight minutes but pulled back on 21 when when Mark Angel shot home from the edge of the area.
Grantham regained the the lead on 42 minutes when Francis produced a 25 yard effort but in a game of few chances Lynn were not being outplayed and possibly playing the better football, but nice passing and sweeping moves does not bring results whereas closing down and early tackles can
Jack Defty was booked in a first half  and Adam Jones joined him within a minute of the second.
Another long range shot, this time from Lee Glover from some 20 yards, put the home side 3-1 up on 50 minutes and Lynn heads started to go down.
Quistin was introduced at the expense of Chick and although he did put a couple of useful crosses into the area Lynn were unable to convert. Lynn were missing Camm in midfield and the forwards were not getting the service - when the ball did cross the Grantham area there was never anyone there to provide the final touch.
On 66 minutes the Gingerbread's were then awarded a penalty but the resultant kick was blasted wide.
On 80 minutes Grantham added a fourth and in the build up to the goal Defty was injured and had to be stretchered off.
Ex-Linnet Jamie Clark added a fifth in the final minute.
Lynn: S Wilson, Jones, Chick (Quistin), Matthews (Blake), Hammond, Camm, Defty (J Wilson), Holmes, Bacon, Bloomfield, Angel. Unused Subs:  Higgs
14 January 2005
In - Out - Shake It All About
Lynn have parted company with new boys George Georgiou and Michael Deane and, in a new round of crop rotation, bring in Ludovic Marc Quistin, Simon Clark and Kevin Ward whilst notice of approach has gone in for relatively long term target Paul Kelly.

In the Norfolk Senior Cup, Lynn Reserves have been drawn away to Diss Town.
11 January 2005
Lynn defeated Holbeach 3-0 in Tuesday night's friendly with a brace of goals from Carl Holmes and one from Mark Angel.
On show for Lynn was new signing Frenchman Ludovic Quistin , a winger who has made four appearances for Ryman Premier Division club Billericay Town this season (two starts and two as substitute)  before being released in October. He joined Billericay in the summer having been with  Gravesend, Windsor & Eton  and Carshalton Athletic last season  and prior to that Wimbledon, Brentford and  Falkirk.
Also on show was ex-Linnet Simon Clark and Kevin Ward, a possible signing from Barwell - for whom he has scored one goal since joining some two months ago.
Saturday 8 January 2005
Lynn 0 Hednesford 0
This match was as exciting as the scoreline suggests - in fact it could easily have been mistaken for an end-of-season affair had it not been for weather.
Lynn, with the wind behind them, had the better of the first half chances with Carl Holmes having a header saved and putting a shot just wide of the upright. George Georgiou was also guilty of missing chances - in particular one when put through after a mazy run from Mark Angel.
The second half showed slightly more passion than the first but yet again neither goal was seriously threatened. Carl Holmes had the best of Lynn's chances whilst substitute Paul McMahon had the best chances for the Pitmen, shooting just wide of the upright with some five minutes remaining. 
:Lynn: S Wilson, Jones, Setchell, Matthews, Hammond, Camm, Defty, Holmes, Georgiou (Deane), Bloomfield, Angel. Unused subs: Blake, J Wilson, Chick, Higgs. Attendance 972

Lynn Reserves progressed to the semi-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup but needed extra time to overcome Acle United. Tom White gave Lynn a 31 minute lead and Liam Forshaw made it two on 81 minutes from the penalty spot. Two goals in the last four minutes for Acle resulted in extra time but a goal on 108 minutes from Liam Forshaw gave Lynn a 3-2 win.
The Quarter Final game is due to be played on Saturday 5th February when the first team are at home to Cirencester Town.
7 January 2005
Lynn manager Tommy Taylor has announced three further transfer targets.
Scott Canham (b. Newham, 05/11/1974) a midfielder current with Woking.
Carl Griffths (b. Oswestry, 16/07/1971) a striker with Heybridge Swifts and
Matthew Joseph (b. Bethnal Green 30/09/1972) a defender with Canvey Island.
Joseph has made over 400 league appearances in a career which saw him with Gillingham, Cambridge United and Leyton Orient having started at Arsenal.
He has two international caps playing for Barbados.
Griffiths has also a wealth of league experience after spells with Shrewsbury Town, Manchester City, Leyton Orient and Luton Town.
He joined Harlow Town at the start of last season before moving to Heybridge in March of this year and has scored 11 league goals this season.
Scott Canham has made 100 league appearances having made his league debut whilst on loan to Torquay before appearing from Brentford and then Leyton Orient.

On the possible departure front - Grantham Town have expressed an interest in Chris Bacon. 

Lynn Reserves trip to Wisbech, postponed over the Christmas holiday, has been re-arranged for Tuesday 15 February and the trip to Histon Reserves for Saturday 9 April.
The trip to Great Yarmouth is now March 1st.
4 January 2005
Bedford 1 Lynn 0
Lynn failed to score first the first time in a league game since September although Jack Defty had the ball in the net on 45 minutes only for it to be disallowed for holding. The all import goal came on 66 minutes - a Lynn attack breaking down and Bedford winning a corner from the result attack from which Chris Dillon scored. Lynn's cause was not helped when Chris Bacon had to go off injured within a few minutes as coming on as sub.
Lynn: S Wilson , Blake, Setchell, Matthews, Hammond, Camm, Defty, Holmes, Georgiou (Deane 26), Bloomfield, Angel (Bacon 71 (Chick 76)) Subs (not used): J Wilson, Higgs

Lynn Reserves 2 Wroxham 0

For the first twenty minutes of this game it seemed as if Wroxham had taken the field expecting to win whilst Lynn wanted to win. It was no surprise, therefore, that Lynn had the better of the opening chances with Liam Forshaw going close twice as the Wroxham defence seemed to be lacking in confidence.
Lynn took the lead on 22 minutes with an excellent lob from Chris Blakely from outside the area over the head of stranded keeper Parsons.
Slowly Wroxham began to wake up and began to dominate towards the end of the first half but Lynn were quick to the tackle and never let them settle. Wroxham had their chances but a combination of excellent keeper, good defending and blocking and poor finishing kept Lynn ahead.
The second half started the way the first half finished with the Lynn goal leading a charmed life but slowly Lynn began to come back into the game with substitute Ross McNeil having a free kick saved just inside the post. Then on 65 minutes Lynn broke out of defence and Liam Forshaw ran through to slot the ball under the advancing keeper.
The remainder of the game was fairly even with McNeil producing a excellent run but seeing his shot well saved and the impressive Fell going close.
Lynn Reserves: McNally, Harvey, Buhleman, Burton (McNeil), Palmer, Hyde, Fell, Keegen, Forshaw, White (McLeish), Blakely (Hunt). Att: 164
1 January 2005
Stamford 1 Lynn 2 
Lynn made it seven successive league wins in a had fought game against local rivals Stamford but this was not a convincing performance.
With the wind behind them they had the best of the early play and broke the deadlock on 22 minutes. Holmes shot, Lynn's frst of any real note, was palmed away for a corner and from the resulting goalmouth scramble George Georgiou shot home for his first goal for the club.
Play remained disjointed with frequent interruptions for fouls and throw ins.
On 32 minutes Hammond conceded a foul on the edge of the Lynn area and the twice taken free kick was blasted home by Ian Edge.
With Lynn kicking into the wind in the second half it was Stamford who had the bulk of the play and Lynn showing little enterprise resorting to far too many high balls rather than playing to the conditions. Steve Wilson in the Lynn goal caused some concern being deceived by one ball which bounced over his head and narrowly wide of the upright whilst Danny Hammond conceded another free kick on the ends of the area for shirt pulling - for which he was lucky to escape with a yellow card. This time, however, Edge fired over.
Against the run of play Danny Bloomfield scored for his tenth successive game on 63 minute when he chased onto a long ball from defence. Darren Watts rushed out of the Stamford goal but his clearance hit Bloomfield and rebounded into the net.
Bloomfield had another shot which went just wide but it was the home side who had the better of the play but not the chances.
For the second successive year Lynn have set Stamford's record league gate - this season's 680 easily passing that of 450 of last year.
Lynn - S Wilson; Blake, Setchell, Matthews, Hammond, Camm, Defty, Holmes, Bloomfield, Georgiou (Deane 62), Angel. Unused Subs: Bacon, Wilson J,  Chick, Higgs.
Booked: Hammond, Defty, Holmes