Lynn 2 Dorchester 0

Lynnís reputation for being a "first half team" was strengthened on Saturday at The Walks.
Two goals went in and they had the Southern Leagueís bottom side in all kinds of trouble.
Yet the second half was a different story and it needed a couple of flying saves by John McPherson to save embarrassment.
A mixed bag indeed, but the three points have put the Linnets back on top of the Southern League Premier Division.
The gale force winds swirling around The Walks stadium, were .to cause problems throughout the game yet Lynnís early play was positive enough. Les McJannet and Martyn Wiles were both effective on the overlap and Russ Allen was forceful going forward from midfield.
It was Allen who provided the first opening for Martin Coupe who fired in a low shot which Peter Manuel saved.
In the 14th minute a mistake by the keeper led to Lynnís first goal. Manuel failed to hold a 25 yard drive by Colin Foster and although he recovered to block the way for Coupe the pass by Lynnís top scorer was forced in by Jim Kabia.
Staying well on top Lynn were held until the 34th minute when Allen was brought down by Hedley Steele and the penalty was  powered in by Kabia.
The striker. could have completed his hit-trick in the next minute, but hit the side  netting with a header from McJannetís cross:
Just before half time Manuel made up for his earlier mistake when he touched away Allenís goal bound header.

Dorchester had finished the first half drained of confidence. they looked every inch a bottom of the table side still looking for their first point having not troubled McPherson once.
Although. Lynn started off the second half by adding to their corners tally (eight without reply) too much of the play was surrendered to Dorchester.
The visitors had to make positional changes  and now it was Lynnís turn to look anxious in defence. A slip by McJannet let in Tony Hannigan in the 72nd minute and the wingerís thunderbolt shot had McPherson stretching to punch round the post.
Coinciding with Dorchesterís new lease of life, the Linnets lost Kabia though injury. to be replaced by Rudd and they had Allen limping as a left wing passenger.
McPherson again came to Lynnís rescue with a flying save from a volley by Tony Chutter and then he dived to save at the feel of Kevin Dove.
In their eagerness to pull back Lynnís lead. Dorchester left acres of space in their own half, but they were only punished once when Coupe and Foster bore down on goal and Fosterís shot was saved by Manuel.
In injury time it was Lynn who had the escape when a header from substitute Colin Brumble flew inches wide of the post.
There had been three bookings, Squires and Dove of Dorchester and Foster of Lynn being cautioned,

Lynn: McPherson, McJannet, Mercer, Johnston, Wiles. Watts, Allen, Foster, Easthall. Kabia (sub Rudd 78 mins), Coupe.
Dorchester: Manuel, Townsend, Flay, Steele, Chutter, Miller. McManus (sub Brumble 63 mins), Dove, Squires, Loveridge, Hannigan.
Referee: P. Keech (Bedford). Attendance: 364

Report by permission of the Lynn News