Now opted for Stamford
He did tell me he hadn't actually signed for Spalding, he was on holiday when that news broke.
I'm disappointed to lose Kern, thought he brought a lot of stability to the back four and also built a great partnership with Matt C.
I agree but he does seem to have had a heck of a lot of clubs for one so young?
Kern's biggest problem was travel. At the start of the season he car shared with Conor Marshall, but after Conor's injury he was having trouble getting back to Lincoln after evening training and midweek games. I helped him out with lifts a few times towards the back end of the season, but Stamford's location coupled with the Northern Premier I think will suit him.
I wish him the best of luck, was a nice lad and whatever has been made about his collection of clubs, he did at least manage a full season with us.
I wish him well also but a shame that the decision is made as i have read that Leon Mettam is Lincoln based?
Maybe Rod Setch can go back and talk to the lad again, after all are the signing on forms out yet ? and anyway Stamford and ourselves play in different Leagues so might be worth a call. Miller is one I think we could have done with keeping.
I agree - for a youngster he showed great presence.
I travel down from Scunthorpe to games Lincoln is on way so I could of given him a lift there and back
He would still have the transport problem for training. :bus:
It's a shame we have lost him especially now we have signed a lad that lives in Lincoln
Is he still at Stamford?!
Yes, he started in the 2-1 defeat of Grimsby Town tonight.
A little birdie told me (and several others) that Kern was a bit disruptive in the Dressing Room. :dontknow:
Sounds as if he had a tremendous game against Wrexham in the cup and that Stamford were a bit unlucky not to have won the game......?
Returned to Spalding and was MoM on his debut.
As been said by many, a considerable talent but something of a footballing nomad. I wonder why?