Linnets' Fans' Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Grissles Oleary on January 16, 2025, 12:30:31 AM

Title: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Grissles Oleary on January 16, 2025, 12:30:31 AM
Saturday for the home game against Marine it will be kids for a quid. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Mallard on January 16, 2025, 08:56:15 AM
Forgot. Fancy a decent home win for this one.  Marine have played 7 games against teams sitting in the top 6.  Just a single point gained.   
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on January 16, 2025, 10:48:47 AM
Quote from: Mallard on January 16, 2025, 08:56:15 AM
Forgot. Fancy a decent home win for this one.  Marine have played 7 games against teams sitting in the top 6.  Just a single point gained.

Probably best chance we'll have to increase our GD.

So tight at the top, its badly needed.
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Quinn Upstone on January 16, 2025, 01:25:12 PM
Oh no 😯 It means I won't be able to swear as much 😭

Fancy making the place I sit into a "family" area without asking me 😾

I'm still waiting for the day that one of them asks dad/mum, "what's a  w***** ?" 😂

All joking aside, it should be a good earner for the club because the lovely little ones will expect food, drinks, scarf, programme etc.

And will hopefully become Linnets of the future 🤗🤗🤗⚽⚽⚽
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Linnet465 on January 16, 2025, 09:16:52 PM
 :scarf: Agree with the above final sentiment. I reckon nearly half the regular die hards are all pensioners. If we don't encourage the youngsters the club will only go backwards.
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: kenny r on January 17, 2025, 11:54:36 AM
Certain parts of the stand have long been called 'God's waiting room'.

Lots of regular supporters sadly no longer with us.
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: m a hill on January 17, 2025, 05:56:55 PM
Alas I am one of them having reached the grand old age of 80 last week
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on January 17, 2025, 06:25:53 PM
Quote from: m a hill on January 17, 2025, 05:56:55 PM
Alas I am one of them having reached the grand old age of 80 last week

Belated Happy birthday Malcolm.

:cheers:
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Grissles Oleary on January 17, 2025, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Quinn Upstone on January 16, 2025, 01:25:12 PM
Oh no 😯 It means I won't be able to swear as much 😭

Fancy making the place I sit into a "family" area without asking me 😾

I'm still waiting for the day that one of them asks dad/mum, "what's a  w***** ?" 😂

All joking aside, it should be a good earner for the club because the lovely little ones will expect food, drinks, scarf, programme etc.

And will hopefully become Linnets of the future 🤗🤗🤗⚽⚽⚽

Some of the youngsters have worse language than me,their Dads call it football language,not to be used anywhere else. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Title: Re: KIDS FOR A QUID.
Post by: Linnet465 on January 19, 2025, 05:33:59 PM
 :laughcry: Football language I don't think so. You only have to walk around and hear  the standard of language being spoken these days as you go around town etc.