Linnets' Fans' Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Nemesis on April 05, 2025, 05:16:14 PM

Title: Page 5
Post by: Nemesis on April 05, 2025, 05:16:14 PM
Wot - no Joe?

(https://i.ibb.co/DHK5Mv6Q/page5.jpg) (https://ibb.co/DHK5Mv6Q)
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 06:36:40 PM
Quote from: Nemesis on April 05, 2025, 05:16:14 PM
Wot - no Joe?

(https://i.ibb.co/DHK5Mv6Q/page5.jpg) (https://ibb.co/DHK5Mv6Q)

Guess that's why Adam never managed to bring a Striker in.

So, Jo and Bal are out then?   :dontknow:
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 06:46:52 PM
Bal was at the game today
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 06:46:52 PM
Bal was at the game today

Yes.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Dazzarugby65 on April 05, 2025, 08:15:47 PM
Quote from: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 06:46:52 PM
Bal was at the game today

Yes.

Maybe just as a fan.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 09:02:02 PM
https://premium.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/the-chairman-always-finds-a-way-and-i-have-that-trust-in-h-9411753/
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: happymondays on April 05, 2025, 09:58:05 PM
Here we go again...zero transparency before the begging bowl  tactics...by the way the crowd looked larger than the official figures today :dontknow:
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 10:04:06 PM
Quote from: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 06:46:52 PM
Bal was at the game today

Yes.

Thanks for that. Always glad to get confirmation of something I know happened from someone not at the game.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 10:04:06 PM
Quote from: Blue_and_Gold on April 05, 2025, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: Paul47 on April 05, 2025, 06:46:52 PM
Bal was at the game today

Yes.

Thanks for that. Always glad to get confirmation of something I know happened from someone not at the game.

  :watching:
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: m a hill on April 06, 2025, 02:55:27 AM
I suppose it all boils down to one thing regarding  the so-called begging bowl I think it's a cry for help and whether you like S C or not it's our Club and do we save it or do we want it to go under so if you want it to go under then don't contribute I for one will contribute because it's my club regardless who owns it
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: MARCUS ROSE on April 06, 2025, 07:48:11 AM
Begging bowl, sustainability & profitable all in the same article. There you have it. Another season draws to a close, and nothing has changed from the last.  I wonder what next season brings. :dontknow:
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: happymondays on April 06, 2025, 08:59:59 AM
Mr Cleeve can have my tenner if he opens up the clubs accounts to the fans and then explains in detail what's been going on behind the scenes with the Singapore investment.What money was invested where it went what was expected in return and is it still ongoing.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Coastal linnet on April 06, 2025, 11:35:51 AM
I along with 1000+ others made an investment yesterday.
It was £19 plus whatever the profit on the bottle of coke was.
As well as the Lynn supporters attending the next two home games 1000 plus Scunthorpe and Chester supporters
will be " investing". Hopefully, with Buxton ( helping Farsley out) only 3 hours away and Needham Market even nearer no overnight hotel fees will be needed for the team.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: A Well Wisher on April 06, 2025, 01:19:44 PM
It really is time for Cleeve to hand over the reins of this football club over to someone else or a group of interested parties while he can still leave amicably.

I and many others appreciate what he has done for this football club and gave it a refreshing boost (at least on the pitch) and has got this club to where it should be in terms of where we play in the pyramid (I know a few of you will disagree but ultimately if you're getting 900-1,000 most weeks you should be at step 2).

However, off the pitch, the club is at best inadequate and at worst a total shambles. There is a real gulf between the club and its supporters and of the local community in general. There are many clubs in non-league who have seen crowds greatly improve because of their initiatives to engage with exisiting supporters and the community as a whole. You only have to visit the likes of South Shields, Chorley and Spennymoor to name a few in our league who have invested a lot of time to really engage with their town and surrounding areas to drum up support for their respective clubs and they are enjoying very healthy crowds of over 1,400 a week (over 2,500 in the case of South Shields) and I cannot see why we cannot achieve regular crowds of 1,400-1,500 a week.

The individual who is holding this club back is Stephen Cleeve, and until he goes this club will not move forward. If he were to sell up now or in the near future, he can leave the club I think with the best wishes of most for what he has done on the pitch and he should be welcomed, if he ever comes to matches, as someone who is purely supporting the club like all of us do. The longer he holds on to the club or messes people like Joe about, I can see things turning as nasty as they did last season when the majority at Boston chanted for Cleeve to "Get out of our club".

Here's hoping that change is coming in the near future  :pray: :scarf:
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: gs50 on April 06, 2025, 01:37:37 PM
Cant see any interested parties coming forward until it is known exactly what amount is required to take club on,
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on April 06, 2025, 02:13:22 PM
Quote from: gs50 on April 06, 2025, 01:37:37 PM
Cant see any interested parties coming forward until it is known exactly what amount is required to take club on,

Chairman has said he'll walk away from the Directors loans.

I assume that means the £450k loan he took on in the name of the club, with no personal liability, would remain.

I can't see why anyone would take it on with the Club being saddled with that attached to it.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Linnet465 on April 07, 2025, 05:53:20 PM
What a mess we are in. To support the club and keep it going I will make a donation.
It's a chance for the supporters to come together and show their support whether they dislike the chairman or not. As he has stated he is willing to walk away if someone steps in I personally cannot see any local or National interest in picking up this poisoned chalice.
If we fold it could be the end.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: happymondays on April 08, 2025, 05:55:57 AM
I agree Kitty..there is enough cash floating around
on a match day without adding anymore to the chaos accounting  :countingmoney:
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Paul47 on April 08, 2025, 11:03:13 AM
Quote from: Hello Kitty. on April 08, 2025, 10:17:25 AM
Why don't he put the 50,000 in himslef and then take it back out when he gets the 300,000 in?

Anyone know how much a second hand Bentley is worth?
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Blue_and_Gold on April 08, 2025, 11:57:28 AM
Quote from: Paul47 on April 08, 2025, 11:03:13 AM
Quote from: Hello Kitty. on April 08, 2025, 10:17:25 AM
Why don't he put the 50,000 in himslef and then take it back out when he gets the 300,000 in?

Anyone know how much a second hand Bentley is worth?

If it's leased, not a lot!
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Quinn Upstone on April 08, 2025, 12:37:42 PM
Quote from: Hello Kitty. on April 07, 2025, 10:45:26 PM
As we will never know where our donations will end up I'll keep mine in my pocket others can do as they want.

I'm in full agreement with you Kitty. The bloke's basically been  documented with a doubtful past and I have no reason to think he's changed.

How many begging bowls has he had out already ? And we never hear how much is raised and what it's been used for. War chest, paying for "unfair" fines, the extra quid towards loan repayments.

I've probably forgotten some, so please feel free to add any I've missed.

But I can ignore all of the backstage drama if he gives me my football.

Even typing it and seeing it in black and white makes me feel like I'm both an enabler - for him to continue his relatively unchallenged machinations, and somehow tainted, grubby and ashamed that I need him for my football fix.

So my cash stays in my wallet and when I choose to spend it I will know both how much I spent and what I've done with it.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: happymondays on April 08, 2025, 01:18:05 PM
So are we supposed to believe there was an investor from Singapore who injected cash into the club for no apparent reason or gain and has now decided its not for him. :laughcry:
Yet on Good Friday I am expected to pay my £21 admission and another £10 to help pay the bills...Let's be seeing the accounts as something is clearly not right here.
Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: Mallard on April 08, 2025, 04:42:39 PM
Sad to say many of us saw this coming was always a case of when.  Hardly surprising Jo pulled the plug after his visit to the Club to see a crowd of around 750 watching in a rundown old stadium. 

What next for the Club ?  Who knows but I'd take the idea of 300k of new investment ready and waiting for next season with a pinch of salt.  Always cake tomorrow with Cleeve.

He's taken over a step 3 Club and now we find ourselves one step higher but  with a debt and running costs that are not sustainable.  Stephen Cleeve will live long in the memory at the Club.  He's has of course done a load of his own  money in taking the Club to  sit just one step higher than when he bought it.

IF Club goes tits up again how keen will the local council be to issue a new lease ?

Title: Re: Page 5
Post by: little John on April 11, 2025, 07:44:51 AM
Failed business man.
Plenty of warning signs  from day one.