I've just been informed that Lynn legend Keith Rudd has passed away, aged 79.
RIP
https://premium.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/tributes-paid-to-former-linnets-boss-and-west-norfolk-sporti-9419438/
Such very sad news. Keith was a great servant of the club both on and off the pitch. R.I.P
Such sad news to hear of Keith Rudd leaving us. Real Club stalwart as a player, manager and coach.
Sad day.
Keith was KLFC through and through. Stepped up when needed to fill the gaps either in playing or managing. I'm old enough to remember him playing along with Mick Wright. Was certainly a stalwart of our club. RIP Keith, you deserve our clubs respect. Really sad news... KLFC would not be like it is today without the likes of Keith and the commitment he gave to the club. Bit early I know but let's dedicate part of the ground to him.
Seconded, Nigel 1505. A great servant to our Club through thick or thin. RIP Keith.
:oldman" :farmer: Sad day for many associated with football and indeed cricket in West Norfolk RIP Ruddy, and sincerest condolences go out to your nearest and dearest. :oldman" :farmer:
From Home page:
It was sad to hear of the death of former Lynn player, manager, and club president and ambassador Keith Rudd.
He was player-manager 1977-79 and again later in 1979 to 1984. He had two spells in a caretaker management roll before returning again to the hot seat in February 1989 to May 1990 - a total of 445 games in charge.
He scored 185 goals in over 500 appearances for Lynn, his first goal coming in April 1968 and his last in November 1983.
Away from The Walks he was a player for Corby Town, Stevenage, a manager at Wisbech Town, a cricketer and a school teacher.
So sad to hear of Keith's passing. He was a gentleman indeed and I can't think of anything about KLFC that he didn't know. Always keen to get stuck in. Bless you and your family.
Agree with everyone's comments,I believe league scouts watched him play don't know if offers were made but declined. Hopefully the new man at the helm can unearth a few more like Keith
I recall Keith breaking into the first ream alongside the likes of Reg Davies, Mick Wright, Malcolm Lindsay, Dave Brooks, David Clarke. Top players playing in what was regarded as the premier non-league, the old Southern League. He had an eye for goal, a languid style playing inside forward but probably not the quickest.
I think he was the first local lad to make the grade after the departure of goalkeeper Mick Manning in the early 1960s.
Keith is alongside Mick Wright and Malcolm Lindsay as true Lynn legends.
No mention on main KLFC website that I can see......shame on whoever in charge. He was Mr. kLFC for a long while. Seen a post somewhere from Setch....nice one chap.
RIP Mr Rudd ..... brilliant kind understanding teacher of mine at Gaywood Park early 80s . Also an ambassador for KLFC . God Bless
Not posted for a while, had too on hearing the very sad news or Keith's passing. Totally agree with you Colin, I can go back to the 50s, 60s and 70s. maybe because getting on a bit but the football then seemed more exciting and enjoyable and Keith was part of that scene. R.I.P my friend and sincere condolences to all of the family.