Author Topic: Histon tonight  (Read 7295 times)

Bluescottie

• View Profile
Histon tonight
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
Just something to add to the melting pot. Today it has been announced "Histon manager Brian Page has stepped down with immediate effect"

rod

• View Profile
Re: Histon tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
That aside I think our inconsistency and inability to convert chances could produce just about any result tonight

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 12:35:48 AM »
Proud of the team and effort again tonight. Looked like one of those nights again to begin with but finally players came up with the goods. Open game with chances at both ends and a repeat of Histon's 5-4 scoreline at the weekend could have been a distinct possibility.

Stevenson was immense again tonight and covered every blade of grass. There were also supporters in attendance nominating Fryatt and Bridges for their man of the match.

Plenty of Lynn fans there tonight with lots of noise made. It really had the feel of a traditional away day.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »
Fantastic game with both teams going hammer and tongs at 100mph. End to end stuff with great skills by all players on the pitch. Ref a bit in-consistent but lino's doing a fair job.

The playing surface was extremely slippery, resembling an ice-rink. Players were going over all the time and eventually it was Pedro's turn and it cost us a goal. Why do we always put Pedro under un-necessary pressure with back passess?

Sometimes it looked easier to score than miss but both teams guilty of that. As soon as we had opened the scoring then Histon struck back immediately. Fortunately we managed a second - well done Ryan Fryatt!

My MOM would be David Bridges who was immense. Having said that, it would be easier to nominate the whole team for MOM. I even got Setch to "give us a smile" at the end.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »
Ryan Fryatt once again proves to be a real threat in the opposition's box and if others continue to miss gilt edged chances there is a real risk that he might end the season as one of our top scorers?!

I know this has been mentioned before but I wonder......has he ever played as a striker?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
Amazing what Ryan was doing that far forward,  cross from the left buried by the right full back.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
It will certainly be a different Histon to the one he was in charge of before.  I guess though that expectation level will be very much lower.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
Ryan used to play as a winger as a youngster. Possibly the fastest player we have, definitely the best distance runner, hence his ability to get up and down the pitch.