Author Topic: Brigg Town today  (Read 5510 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Brigg Town today
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:24:33 PM »
Excellent win against a week Brigg Town. The patched up team did well, showing that we have good
youngsters coming through including young Setch ! However we need all those missing players back ASAP
so that we can mount a charge up the league.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Re: Brigg Town today
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »
Agree about the good performance today and nice to be able to add to a forum user who actually talks about football. I did look initially at the " FA cup" topic but  bar one comment found it totally dominated by a load of nonsense.
All the players did well today and a welcome 3,000 for the club. Another home tie would be good but I think we are due for an away one. I just hope we dint get Kettering. St Neots or Stamford at home would be good.

Zebra1864

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:21:14 PM »
You guys were just too good for us today we showed a bit too much respect, turning point was your keepers save and then you went down the other end scored the 3rd. All the best for you guys in the next round, were quite happy to take our gate money and prize money home.

Ps 3.50 for a can is scandalous!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 09:38:07 PM »
You guys were just too good for us today we showed a bit too much respect, turning point was your keepers save and then you went down the other end scored the 3rd. All the best for you guys in the next round, were quite happy to take our gate money and prize money home.

did you buy one?

Zebra1864

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »

did you buy one?

Bought one then moved to draught which wasn't much better, were used to 2 quid pints at brigg but 6 goals drives you to it haha

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
Once again a conversation about football has deteoriated into one about the price of a pint.
If you don't like the price of something; don't buy it!!

Zebra1864

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 10:25:09 PM »
Once again a conversation about football has deteoriated into one about the price of a pint.
If you don't like the price of something; don't buy it!!

Oooh somebody a little tetchy, merely commenting on the day. Previous comments on the game were not conversed with.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »
Sorry Zebra. Just a little bit tetchy with Lynn "supporters" who have gone on a bit too much about price of drinks etc.
Thought the Brigg players worked hard and never gave up even when 5-0 down which added to the value of the game. Hope you had a safe journey back and good luck for the rest of the season

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 12:15:00 AM »
Sorry Zebra. Just a little bit tetchy with Lynn "supporters" who have gone on a bit too much about price of drinks etc.
Thought the Brigg players worked hard and never gave up even when 5-0 down which added to the value of the game. Hope you had a safe journey back and good luck for the rest of the season

A good solid win. Of particular note was Hilliards perfect cross for the first goal, and Clunan's piledriver of a first goal. After that, it all started to become a bit academic. Shame they weren't able to keep a clean sheet because they switched off at a corner.

And Coastal 'chairman' linnet, any chance of the lines getting re-painted, they were almost indecipherable today.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 06:08:21 AM »
Good point do we still have a grounds man ,I did enjoy the win today it was like watching Bacca at times well perhaps not but went home a very pleased man and grandson who was made a young linnet which he was well chuffed with

hickathrift

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 08:07:53 AM »

A good solid win. Of particular note was Hilliards perfect cross for the first goal, and Clunan's piledriver of a first goal. After that, it all started to become a bit academic. Shame they weren't able to keep a clean sheet because they switched off at a corner.

I was just about to start a "New Thread" on the issue of white lines until someone mentioned it on this thread. I and others have noticed the lack of visibility for a few games recently! (almost completely invisible on Saturday)!

I can see the referee calling a game off before it starts one day!!!....GET IT SORTED QUICKLY PLEASE!!

And Coastal 'chairman' linnet, any chance of the lines getting re-painted, they were almost indecipherable today.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 09:40:10 AM »
With reference the lines, surely the ref checks them before a game and if he's happy with them then that's all that matters?

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »
Sorry "Loughborough Linnet ". I am just a poor King's Lynn supporter who lives by the coast. The nearest I get to putting white marks on grass is when I was restoring my old garden seat the other day and spilt Dulux on the grass. Now that creates white marks that last. As for football refreshments, I cook and eat "dinner" ( that's the meal I have a midday) before leaving for the football. I reckon in terms of ingredients and fuel it costs between 1 and 2. I hope this clarifies that I am not who some people I think I am? It costs a bit for petrol to get to Lynn but not long before I get the bus pass!

Darrell

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 03:14:08 AM »

The Fenman

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPoNdBMffk8

Just watched this with my mid morning coffee..... 

Well worth ten minutes