Author Topic: Thomson made available for loan  (Read 6517 times)

Cestrian Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile

somerset linnet

• View Profile
Re: Thomson made available for loan
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »
I expect knowing Setch he has already been on the phone.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
It would be great to have G T back at the walks but I fear it's not going to happen

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
With the ethos being on grow your own cannot see George being back at the Walks anytime soon. 

On the subject of local players can someone tell who were the 9 players who live in  Kings Lynn  who played for the first team this season in one game this season ?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »
What our players need, as a pre-Christmas present, are some new shooting boots. Setch get on the :phone: to Santa!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 10:23:54 AM »
No I don't have a crystal ball but did see this one coming ( see my recent 'ex Linnets posts) and suspected that Setch' would anyway have been in regular contact with George since his move to Chester..................I would love to see him back with us for a month or two - at the very least but I guess that will depend upon a number of factors.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
The whole GT debate is very interesting at this moment. He was obviously badly missed at the second half of last season and on the back of that he would have been valuable at the start of this season. Its just that with the current philosophy and squad GT would not be an automatic choice.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »
Didnt Setch say he had the balance right with local players and the players from away ?  On that basis, If we signed George  then it have to be one of the imports who leave.  Steveo plays that Number 10 role that George made his own last season.   Good swap ???

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
Yes......IMO. I think though that if George were prepared to come and that we could afford him, it would then depend upon whether Setch' really feels that we can realistically achieve a play of place this season and then whether George could help us to get there.........If not better to stick with the current policy of giving youth a chance because the likes of Bird, Edge, Hilliard and Castellan have illustrated already just what we had been missing!!

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 03:47:32 PM »
You don't think that if Setch could afford him and he agreed to come, that he wouldn't be an automatic choice?
Interesting thought.
Automatic choice? Last season, yes. The fact/assumption that he would be a squad player is a positive reflection of the current situation.

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »
Anyone heard anymore about George?

Is he now out on loan somewhere?
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 11:01:24 AM »
Nothing new on the Chester main website or forum so presumably George is still sitting on the sidelines waiting for a loan arrangement to materialise?

Blue_and_Gold

• Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
Must be a number of Clubs desperate for a player like him. I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up.

I wonder why that is?

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »
 Chester FC ‏@ChesterFC 4h4 hours ago

BREAKING | Blues confirm midfielder @george_thomson7 has this afternoon joined @FCUnitedMcr on a months loan deal.