Author Topic: RESERVES V DOWNHAM GAME NOW ON tuesday DEC 1st  (Read 12573 times)

Mcl1970

RESERVES V DOWNHAM GAME NOW ON tuesday DEC 1st
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »
After last Saturday's great performance a spicy local cup Derby with the Norfolk senior cup with downham town after the last few meetings hopefully just as entertaining. Hope to see you there  :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: RESERVES V DOWNHAM GAME NOW ON tuesday DEC 1st
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »
Is there any reason the reserves are in the Senior cup this season and not the first team?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
When did we last win it ?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »
Decision made by Setch I assume and rather than put out a team including mainly reserves, with 2 0r 3 first teamers, he would let the reserves have a go on their own. The reserves players were blamed for Lynn being knocked out last season when in fact it was the 1st teamers not trying very hard cost us the game. Very important to beat Downham and hopefully we will have a big crowd to cheer the lads on.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »
Maybe Setch is looking at bigger prizes and doesnt want to overload his squad with extra games, that In fairness dont mean to much.  I would suggest the Norfolk Senior Cup ranks about the same level as The League KO Cup. 

Also it gives The reserve team players the opportunity  to test themselves aganist higher level oppostion if they progress.  All part of the development.  Then come the end of the season if we were to reach the Semi Final, nothing to stop loading the team full of first teamers and then hopefully giving them a run out at Carrow Road.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »
For me the only competitions that really matter are league, FA cup and Trophy...........So we can now fully concentrate on just the one target!

Mcl1970

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 02:07:15 PM »
We just have confirmation that we have got the main bar open from 12:oo oclock for the football and beer special on four pint jug for the price of three  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cup2: :cup2: :scarf: :scarf: hope to see you there.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »
Bar open on Saturday BT on from 12 for Watford v Man Utd also four pint jug for the price of three pints, happy days. many thanks to Buster, Setch and Robbie. lets hope that combined with the game being against downham we get a good crowd, the Norfolk Senior Cup may seem small beer for first team supporters but for the reserves this  is a pretty big deal.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »
As I said on the other thread Rob maybe not big for first team but very important for the reserves.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
I hope you mean Mallard the first team play in the Semi should the reserves get that far and then the reserves would play
at Carrow Road ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »
As I said on the other thread Rob maybe not big for first team but very important for the reserves.

I agree - a very big deal but for the reserves.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 10:06:53 PM »
As it is the only cup competition we are left in,the only chance we have of any silverware, then it should be a big deal for the club? The bonus for the fans is being played under the reserves banner admission should be no more than £4? An excellent opportunity for Mr Back and his young lads to show how far they have come, and furthermore a chance for many of the regular first team fans to see what good value the reserves offer.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
Still £4 Griss and all very welcome.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »
A more perfect stage couldn't be set for the weekend, the family and myself will be there, great news that the main bar will be open.  In my eyes a great local derby and our young lads are more than capable of winning, would be great to break the 200 barrier, and all for just £4. :scarf:  :scarf: :scarf: