Author Topic: Nantwich  (Read 7205 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Nantwich
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 07:26:55 PM »
I absolutely agree with the last few posts...These are very exciting times and I say that as someone who has lived through an era when I was told on more than one occasion that there were no decent local youngsters who could eventually play at our level!!!!

Then along came Jack as something of a trail blazer but the difference between then and now is that others who might well have come to the club looked elsewhere.

Some are more determined to succeed than others so it is also about mentaility (and luck) as well as natural ability. I think that Robbie Harris, who was such an exciting prospect, would have gone on to greater things had he not been so unfortunate with injuries.

Simon Bush is probably the most naturally talented local striker in my time yet seemingly he was more than content to drift around in local football rather than suffer the travelling and discipline required to fully exploit a considerable talent.........Dylan appears to have the right mix of ability,  determination and maturity?

I for one can live with a top half finish this season whilst watching the fruits of the youth policy develop but regrettably that hard core of support who hold a similar view, is I believe now around the 400-450 mark and when it becomes obvious that we are not play off competitive that will be our level for the remainder of the season IMO.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »
I absolutely agree with the last few posts...These are very exciting times and I say that as someone who has lived through an era when I was told on more than one occasion that there were no decent local youngsters who could eventually play at our level!!!!

Yes, that's something I've heard many times over the last few years.
I'm glad it's something Setch has addressed with the 'inclusion' of the Reserves and also the under 18s team. I have said this before but Jack Friend is a good example of a local lad that made a name for himself at Wisbech because opportunities were going to be very limited at Lynn with the setup we had. Without those players that have grabbed the opportunity with both hands this season, where would our first team have been now?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »
Sometimes you earn your own luck.  Hilliard not going to America, Robbie Back seeing the potenial in Dylan Edge and progressing him on into a first team player.  Even Robbie back wanting the job as Reserve Team manager, when some people close to that set-up were, lets be kind, and say unsure about him. Even Buster becoming the head man in British Speedway.  Good Luck, fate, call it what you will.

Setch deserves every bit of luck that falls his way.