Author Topic: Game v Harlow  (Read 12242 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Game v Harlow
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 12:24:50 PM »
What a game! Certainly great entertainment but some we could have done without..There is a fine line between a team being physical and seemingly setting out to intimidate the opposition, even if that might cause physical injury, which from the outset seemed to be Harlow's sole intention. I am not for a moment defending the referee but that was a difficult one to control!

With regard to the football (!) we deserved to win but IMO did make hard work of it at times. I still think that we play too much through the middle and the benefit of getting to the byline via good old fashioned wing play was illustrated by our goal! Not rocket science exactly but highly effective. I wish also that we would simplify our corners - just aiming to deliver the ball in or around the six yard box rather than trying something more sophisticated that invariably fails.

Another home draw would be good!!

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 01:18:01 PM »
A Harlow fans take on the game

Very poor officials and Kings Lynns constant diving and appealing ruined this match as a spectical! As a cup tie it would have made a poor end of season league game. Harlow even managed to score what seemed to be a good equaliser but of course it was ruled out for an unseen infringement! Still as the saying goes at least now we can concentrate on the league!!
were you actually at the game? The only thing to back up your remarks I agree your point about the 'equaliser' didn't see a foul . But Harlow did not play football I think the courts call it gbh.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 10:28:52 PM »
Today I was pointed in the direction of the "Harlow Town FC Fans Page" on Facebook.

All I can say is I've felt aggrieved at results/refereeing decisions in the past but I'm normally over it by the time I get home, never mind the following day!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:06 PM »
I thought amongst some excellent performances that Sam G had one of his best games and young Danny Emmington showed great ability and confidence - it was hard to believe that he has recently been playing three / four levels lower.............Quigz also deserves a mention as a most unlikely peacekeeper...When he finally hangs up his boots he should easily find employment working for the United Nations!!

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 09:06:04 PM »
Did you see the reconstruction of Lynn v Harlow  On Ripper street tonight lol ?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 07:06:21 AM »
Did you see the reconstruction of Lynn v Harlow  On Ripper street tonight lol ?

Good of the BBC to carry the higlights fir those of us that missed the game. Their manager took it a bit far though.

Sthlincs linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 06:28:18 PM »
Looks like two more reds for Harlow today in a game v Sudbury. I expect that will the Sudbury players fault again

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »
Or the ref's fault.

Note another blatant elbow on one of our players yesterday (their 9 on Castellan); totally missed by the officials.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
The ref admitted he did not see the incident but still warned their no9 that it would be a straight red with his next foul, he was pretty useless after that.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 03:41:47 PM »
Since I've been sitting in the stand, I've noticed more of certain things that go on. This includes how much older players seem to constantly be in the ears of some of our younger players. The Harlow 2 that elbowed Toby last week was constantly making comments at him whenever he was marking him. I also noticed it with the 9 on Matty yesterday. Nice to see our lads keeping their composure in such cases and it probably annoys the instigators even more.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »
As a general rule I think you get a much better view and perspective of the game from an elevated position - in the stand. So why do the majority of managers prefer to be at ground level? Rugby coaches do the exact opposite