Author Topic: Game v Harlow  (Read 12404 times)

Re: Game v Harlow
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »
Mettam kicked one of their players right in front of the Assistant so had to go.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
An entertaining ENCOUNTER. A good win and thank goodness no replay is necessary. A great effort by our youngsters plus Stevo. Great cross by Toby for the goal.
Some unsavoury incidents:
The melay near the end. I think Dylan and the Harlow player had the situation under control so why did anyone else get involved! Reminded me of school playground incidents! Also, the second Harlow player sent off spat in the direction of the Lynn dug out on his way off! Hopefully, this will add to his suspension, although I think he was receiving quite a bit of verbal provocation from one of our players who had been substituted
How long will we lose our players for the sending offs ( one game or three)
The ref was poor today but not as poor as his assistants, who missed the elbow on Toby

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 07:01:30 PM »
It was all calming down until Mettam stuck his two pennys worth in when it wasn't  needed.Clunan was telling him that when he went off.Edge and their number 5 had sorted it and Mettam kicked it all off again.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 07:35:34 PM »
Assuming both bans will be 3 games for violent conduct

ChelseaboiKLTFC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 08:17:46 PM »
Totally agree with the situation involving Dylan, it was all calming down between him and sonko before Mets got involved........Cannot for the life of me think why he needed to get involved the way he did, it just kicked everything else off. The other thing i will bring up is how on earth did their captain stay on the pitch in the first half after absolutely polaxing Toby off the ball, clobbered him straight in the gob in the process. Could see what their game plan was from the kick off.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »
Well I have never watched a more Dirtier sent of players than the 11 Harlow put on the field today they came with the intention of kicking our lads of the field and as for the sending of Mills and Metts they were both trying to stop the trouble the Ref really lost it but when you get involved you run the
Risk of being sent off and has for Harlow Team I sincerely hope I never have to watch you lot of Muppets again
Totally agree they had only one aim to kick elbow and generally foul at every opportunity Referee lost control . We cannot get Coalville or Barwell in the next round both knocked out today

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:10 PM »
I said at the time Toby looked as though he had lost a tooth. He confirmed after the game he had FOUR teeth chipped in the challenge. I think the captain got away with it as after he flung the elbow he went down holding his own head. Just a shame there was no fourth official as he would have had more chance of seeing what both the referee and his assistants failed to spot.

Sthlincs linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
A Harlow fans take on the game

Very poor officials and Kings Lynns constant diving and appealing ruined this match as a spectical! As a cup tie it would have made a poor end of season league game. Harlow even managed to score what seemed to be a good equaliser but of course it was ruled out for an unseen infringement! Still as the saying goes at least now we can concentrate on the league!!

Angle of the North

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »
I'm sceptical it was ever a spectical ...

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 12:07:04 AM »
What f---King game was he watching what a muppet

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 12:23:40 AM »
Really?

If they want to start slating the incompetence of the officials, I will agree, but only because there were definite cases for Harlow to finish the game with fewer than 9 players!

The "assault" on Toby in the first half by their number 2 was one. Toby has the damaged teeth to prove it.
The other was Sonko's reaction to Dylan's tackle on him that sparked the trouble in the second half. I've seen players sent off before for pushing their head into another player's the way he did. Yes Dylan clipped him (which he was booked for) but flinging himself to the floor and somersaulting the way he did was nothing more than theatrical.

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 01:07:06 AM »
I didn't actually see their number 2 elbow Toby........I heard it!!

Looked round, saw Toby looking shellshocked off the pitch, spoke to a couple of fans who had seen it and was amazed when their number 2 stayed on the pitch - although has previously been said, he was cute enough to go down too.

The melee....... from what I saw, one of their players had hold(literally) of Dylan, wouldn't put him down, so Mettam was the first to sprint across - I've no problem with helping a fellow team mate out.
Then carnage ensued and everybody got involved.

I remember saying to a lad standing next to me that the ref didn't know what to do......so he sent off one player from each team.
 Then, and I defended Mettam for defending Dylan, I think Mettam talked himself into his sending off (justified or not)
 Mettam plays on the edge, but he needs to know when to just say nothing!! When he was warming up in the first half he was intent on giving their players stick!!

I don't think the ref "lost it" during the melee......he'd lost it early in the first half by failing to take action on some of their dubious challenges.

Good turnout by the Harlow fans (in numbers) disgraceful turnout by their thuggish team

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 07:00:06 AM »

I remember saying to a lad standing next to me that the ref didn't know what to do......so he sent off one player from each team.

That was also predicted by supporters near me in the shed, it seems to be a default setting for refs when there is a bundle. If Harlow had got the balance between unsettling Lynn and then maybe trying to play some football they may have got something from the game because we lacked rhythm for large parts of the game. Special mention to the lads in the shed who filled the gaps in play with some good banter and a couple of new songs.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 07:49:22 AM »
The way he brandished the red card towards Mills and their 6, made me think he had picked Mills by mistake. A case of evening things up perhaps?

If anything the 9 v 9 situation increased the tempo of the game even further. In particular I noted Michael Clunan, one minute clearing the ball away from the right back position, the next swooping on to a forward pass down the left wing.
Much has been made about removing players being an option to settle cup ties in an extra time period, it was certainly a thrilling spell for the neutral (although a bit heart in mouth for us in the stand).

That referee has now done two games for us this season (Cambridge City being the other). He's overseen three goals but shown 5 red cards in the two games.

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 10:50:12 AM »
To defend the referee,the two red cards for Harlow cannot be disputed  nor the one for Mettam.Yes probably the right back for Harlow should have gone, but if the ref didn't see it, and neither did I or the majority of fans because we were watching where the action was taking place, then he can't send somebody off for what he thinks might have happened, because players are known to cheat!! As for Mills didn't see what he did ,but that's why the ref called over his two assistants and got their views. I am a referee's biggest critic but thought yesterday he had a good game,although repeat he could/should have booked Sonko for grabbing Dylan.