Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 4763 times)

gbuckers

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Injuries
« on: September 24, 2016, 09:49:29 AM »
I noticed the club/Setch described it as an injury "curse". Do they actually believe that and are so single minded not to consider the reasons? Players are overplayed and overworked, it is so clear to see! Some of you will think that's rubbish and that players in the old days would play whatever, football has evolved chaps, believe it or not. The most glaring example, although he's not picked up an injury, the tiredness of Matty Castelann is there for all to see. He had a long season 15/16, played Summer PDL and then came back and went straight into the squad, no rest at all. That is seriously poor decision making by the club and there can be no sugar coating it...

tazzywazz

• View Profile
Re: Injuries
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »
Ryan Fryatt?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »
An excellent point made re over playing..............Although Matty is still very much an asset he lacks the sharpness of movement that was ao apparent when he played in the early part of last season IMO......So the likes of DYlan need to be handled with some TLC?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:17:38 AM »
Has Setch had any other option?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
Probably not!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 10:21:32 AM »
These guys are part-time footballers with, no doubt, full time jobs. Then there is the travelling where most will be driving to and from matches and training. Also any fitness training that they put in themselves. Professional players are able to maintain a higher level of fitness as they do not have these added incidentals. I believe that our guys do an outstanding job, given that they are part-time.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

gbuckers

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:27:19 AM »
These guys are part-time footballers with, no doubt, full time jobs. Then there is the travelling where most will be driving to and from matches and training. Also any fitness training that they put in themselves. Professional players are able to maintain a higher level of fitness as they do not have these added incidentals. I believe that our guys do an outstanding job, given that they are part-time.
I wasn't questioning the players, more so the management of their work load

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »
Setch has had no choice, which must be obvious to all,  then it is a pretty pointless post to start criticising him!!!

gbuckers

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 10:29:36 AM »
An excellent point made re over playing..............Although Matty is still very much an asset he lacks the sharpness of movement that was ao apparent when he played in the early part of last season IMO......So the likes of DYlan need to be handled with some TLC?
Regarding Dylan, yes he needs to be managed, he's played an incredible amount of football over the last 3/4 years but this season it depends how much college football he's playing. Am I right in thinking he's not with the 18's this season? Positive if so

gbuckers

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »
Setch has had no choice, which must be obvious to all,  then it is a pretty pointless post to start criticising him!!!
If he put more trust in younger players, giving them opportunities, then yes he does have a choice. Instead of putting a players long term future in jeopardy

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 10:59:13 AM »
I have been involved with the reserves since the club was reformed and I know how difficult it is to make the step to level 3. Who are these youngsters that can do that now?
Adam he had the injury at the beginning of the season.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 11:42:29 AM »

I did not read the post as a direct criticism of Setch but more a valid observation?

Maybe there are other reserve players who could at least do a job from the bench if given reasonable opportunity? I have also heard it said that not all reserve players want to play for the first team.........Rumour or fact - I have no idea.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »
Again people are assuming that the reserves are all capable of stepping up, which they are not. We have seen in the last few weeks the reserves on the bench for the first team, all good young lads but not ready for step3, yet.
If like me you knew who the original post was from Rod your observations would be the same as mine.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »
If he put more trust in younger players, giving them opportunities, then yes he does have a choice. Instead of putting a players long term future in jeopardy

Young players do need to be given opportunities I agree, bit like Street, Yong, the Fryatts, Castellan, Emmington, Clunan, Hilliard, Edge, McQuaid have.........

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »
Again people are assuming that the reserves are all capable of stepping up, which they are not. We have seen in the last few weeks the reserves on the bench for the first team, all good young lads but not ready for step3, yet.
If like me you knew who the original post was from Rod your observations would be the same as mine.

I'm intrigued - yet more 'smoke and mirrors?'