Author Topic: Lynn 4-0 Chippenham  (Read 5640 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Lynn 4-0 Chippenham
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 02:58:42 PM »
Full credit to Setch, despite seemingly weekly set backs he has managed to get a performance out of what he can get out on the field. Just imagine where we would be if it wasn't for those 2 performances at Snots and Banbury. Rest time for the few then go again on Tuesday.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 03:07:21 PM »
This league is crazy. We are 2 points off 5th yet only 4 points off 21st. Everyone beating everyone at the moment.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »
Definitely proved the doubters wrong, the team spirit is fantastic and Sam and Quigs are now proving what great players they are. The two new signings and McWilliams, hopefully fit asap, have proved the manager correct in only signing players who make the team better, and all young lads as well. Emmington has been quite astonishing, was playing step 7 last season.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 03:39:31 PM »
I would go as far as to say, given injuries and suspensions, this was probably one of the best all round team performances since the club reformed.
I would have been more than happy to have taken a point before kick-off.

I agree and as someone sitting close by said, 'Pedro's save brought back memories of Gordon Banks'!

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
I would go as far as to say, given injuries and suspensions, this was probably one of the best all round team performances since the club reformed.
I would have been more than happy to have taken a point before kick-off.

I agree and as someone sitting close by said, 'Pedro's save brought back memories of Gordon Banks'!

That save by Pedro was the equivalent of scoring a goal, it was a great save and made even better as he'd spent most of the second half holding/stretching his back.

On the subject of knocks/injuries, is there any further news on Steveo yet??

And......at half time when it was announced Alfreton were three up, I was thinking "wow, they are gonna be high on confidence next week"

Was surprised to see they ended up drawing three each with Kidderminster!!

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 02:00:56 AM »
It was still 3-1 Alfreton with five minutes remaining.

Look through their results this season. They love a goal fest!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »
If we are on our game we are capable of scoring a couple against what appears to be a 'shaky' defence but they are a formidable attacking force and will severely test our mid field and back four......I think that Quigz will have a huge part to play along with Sam, Matty etc etc. Will be great if Ryan is also fully fit and available, at least as a sub?