Author Topic: The season so far  (Read 1691 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
The season so far
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:14:38 PM »
We are now roughly a quarter of the way through the season. Having started badly we quickly recovered,
with patched up teams and using the youngsters. If we can only get a fully fit squad out I am sure we can do even
better.In the past we have had a decent bench, but this season with injuries and sillly red cards we have often struggled. However there are encouraging signs - Saturdays magnificent win showed what we achieve. Let's try and get well into the top half, AND hopefully have a cup run !

rod

• View Profile
Re: The season so far
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »
It is great that some of the reserves are supplementing the first team squad and gaining valuable experience but there is a fine line between development and being over played - though I fully understand that with the current spate of injuries and suspensions, that choice is very limited.

With a small squad, to have a realistic chance of making the play offs, we will need a relatively injury / suspension free run from this point on and for Mettam in particular to start scoring consistently......IMO!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 03:14:13 PM »
I don't see that any of the Reserve Squad are getting much game time in the first team.  I am sure tizzy will be along shortly to tell me Im wrong.  Liam Fryatt and Dylan Edge were both part of the first team squad from the get go this season.  So which other players are actually getting much Football at Step 3.... As Always I stand to be corrected.

Setch,  it would appear has been very cute in shuffling his depleted pack and getting the very best out of what he has at his disposal.   

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »
The League is very open so far, only 6 points separate a relegation and play off position.