Author Topic: King's Lynn Town v King's Langley  (Read 4554 times)

Backie9

• View Profile
King's Lynn Town v King's Langley
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:06:15 AM »

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town v King's Langley
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 04:33:51 PM »
Away on hols this week but will be tuning in for updates tonight.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:41:59 PM »
It was another patched up team performance tonight, but in the end a point was about right.
We could have stolen 3 points at the death ! We will need a big improvement on Saturday.
If only we had the 5 who are currently injured/ banned ! Because our bench tonight was very light.
Despite the problems Setch is somehow keeping us mid table !

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 11:05:02 PM »
Poor first half where the team got lured into playing the game King's Langley wanted us to. Their back three just about kept our front three under wraps, which let them dominate the midfield with numbers, and pacey runs.

Came out better in the 2nd half, but wasn't until Setch swapped Edge and Zielonka round and moved Quigz up top that we started to look in any kind of control. Til then, Edge had kept drifting in and Zielonka had kept drifting out, leavng us without a left winger or a striker, but oddly enough when played in their more accustomed roles, Zielonka in particular looked better. In the end, came close to nicking it, but also came quite close to throwing it away on a few occasions. Point was fair, but quite a come down from Saturday.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
A game of two halves. A very frenetic start by Lynn with a lack of composure( missed  Mills and Stevenson for that ) and King's Langley came into the game and eventually they scored.
Lynn came out early for the second half and it was good to see Sam motivating the team. ( He had another good game ) Second half much better, but it took a long time to realise that Zacek is the person to deliver a good corner! ( He also had a good game) Danny grew as the game went on; good strength and pace. Good to see him having a shot at goal as well. Very energetic and enthusiastic contribution by Alex Clunan when he came on as sub. Good that Kurtis scored again, but for whatever reason he and Dylan seemed to go missing at times in the game. Good steady performance by Jordan as well. Overall, a satisfactory result and all credit to the opposition who came to play football and were a hardworking side and it was easy to see why they have had their recent promotions.
The football was palatable last night and the recipe has the right ingredients. Hopefully Alfred won't burn our cakes on Saturday!

BRUMMIE LINNET

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 09:22:39 AM »
Agree with Coastal Linnet , think we missed the experience of Mills and / or Stevenson last night , think a lot of what they contribute in midfield goes unnoticed till they missing .
However fair play to the lads last night they got themselves together in the second half and the draw was just about the fair result , against a team that at least tried to play football and not kick us off the park .

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 09:45:22 AM »
A game of two halves. A very frenetic start by Lynn with a lack of composure( missed  Mills and Stevenson for that ) and King's Langley came into the game and eventually they scored.
Lynn came out early for the second half and it was good to see Sam motivating the team. ( He had another good game ) Second half much better, but it took a long time to realise that Zacek is the person to deliver a good corner! ( He also had a good game) Danny grew as the game went on; good strength and pace. Good to see him having a shot at goal as well. Very energetic and enthusiastic contribution by Alex Clunan when he came on as sub. Good that Kurtis scored again, but for whatever reason he and Dylan seemed to go missing at times in the game. Good steady performance by Jordan as well. Overall, a satisfactory result and all credit to the opposition who came to play football and were a hardworking side and it was easy to see why they have had their recent promotions.
The football was palatable last night and the recipe has the right ingredients. Hopefully Alfred won't burn our cakes on Saturday!
I thought Jordan was man of the match for me never stopped trying and some vital tackles

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »
In the first half it was as I feared and had posted perviously........."It will be I think more a test of resolve and determination than just skill and tactics?" Too many were not 100% up for it, until I would imagine some hard and choice words were said at half time. Even allowing for injuries and suspensions we do not seem capable of putting a run of consistent performances together.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
A bit of credit to King's Langley as they were better than us in the first half.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 01:48:49 PM »
I agree - they really wanted it and closed us down quickly which resulted in so many of our passes being misplaced in the first half.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 01:58:06 PM »
Energy levels wise it must be hard for the same players to go again Tuesday Saturday Tues etc.  If Setch is asking the players to play a high tempo pressing game that comes with a price.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »
But following that train of thought, we should have been better first half and hit the buffers in the second but it was in fact the reverse...So I stick with my original view that it was more about mind than matter!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »
The main point for me was Lee Stevenson being unavailable, while I will not criticise Liam F, Stevenson was a key player on Saturday as in most games, and I feel we would have won the game with Lee on the pitch. I am sure with our full squad available Setch could switch the team round a bit and give some players a rest, at the moment it is 'same again boys'. I hope they will have some energy left for Saturday plus Hilliard back.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 03:52:11 PM »
I believe also that we are missing Mill's steadying influence and ability to do the simple and logical!

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 05:32:53 PM »
Missed Tuesday a bad Vindaloo looking forward to Saturday with young players you get inconsistant performances overall they have managed very well but they are playing far too much.