Author Topic: King's Lynn Town 1 King's Langley 1. Setch interview  (Read 5641 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
King's Lynn Town 1 King's Langley 1. Setch interview
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:59:13 PM »
https://youtu.be/dFvf5gMEvTU

Setch's interview from last night.

I appreciate the quality is not great on this one, unlike Paul Hampson I do not have a professional camera, these are literally filmed on my phone and uploaded to YouTube.

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn Town 1 King's Langley 1. Setch interview
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
I don't have one either lol
Keep up.the gd work

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:13:17 PM »
Was going to film interviews on 4k.and make it more different but due to been unable to commit the time I decided not to.
Get a cheap tesco gopro 25 quid good for this

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:51:21 PM »
Mr Setchell not a happy bunny after that one.
Ambidextrous though, left and right sided spit, oozes class !
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:17:41 AM »
Thanks for the interview. Perhaps some editing might be useful!! I see that the FA cup visited a school in Lynn yesterday. ( Good community work-well done!) I imagine a conversation!!
Pupil: Who is the manager of Lynn?
Teacher: I think there is an interview on the website, let's watch it!!
In summary, I am extremely disappointed!!

Interesting to see that only players who had a good game were Clunan, Quigley and Gaughan and that Street was to blame for the goal!!! I must have been watching the game from a different angle.

Darrell

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »
Thanks Robbo

Hopefully you can film Gary break dancing on Saturday.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 11:27:41 AM »
Thanks for the interview. Perhaps some editing might be useful!! I see that the FA cup visited a school in Lynn yesterday. ( Good community work-well done!) I imagine a conversation!!

Nobody can say Setch doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, and after Saturday where every player was at the very least an 8/10 the performance on Tuesday had to hurt.

There were a few factors in there. How many players had one eye on the cup game? How much of a bearing did the loss of Stevo's influence have? We can mix it with footballing sides like Chesham, Frome and Chippenham, but can't stand up to more 'rugged' sides like Biggleswade and King's Langley?
Their manager spoke to us in the tunnel after the game too. He was very disappointed that they didn't take any of their chances on the counter attack. They certainly had the pace to hit us on the break.

I hope going forward that the club is able to find someone who is willing to take over the matchday videos. Paul's provided a very valuable service over the last few years and it's great to watch back some of the past action.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 11:29:22 AM »
Pick the bones out of that!

Though I fully accept the magnitude of current injuries / suspensions, that really was so negative and contradictory................Picking out certain players yet ignoring the likes of Jordan Yong suggests favouritism IMO? Too many excuses and not enough solutions, plus the fact that he confirmed not everyone gave 100% is surely a reflection upon the management and motivation of the team?

Hardly a Churchillian rallying speech ahead of Saturday?!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 11:32:26 AM »

Nobody can say Setch doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve, and after Saturday where every player was at the very least an 8/10 the performance on Tuesday had to hurt.

There were a few factors in there. How many players had one eye on the cup game? How much of a bearing did the loss of Stevo's influence have? We can mix it with footballing sides like Chesham, Frome and Chippenham, but can't stand up to more 'rugged' sides like Biggleswade and King's Langley?
Their manager spoke to us in the tunnel after the game too. He was very disappointed that they didn't take any of their chances on the counter attack. They certainly had the pace to hit us on the break.

I hope going forward that the club is able to find someone who is willing to take over the matchday videos. Paul's provided a very valuable service over the last few years and it's great to watch back some of the past action.

I would hardly class them as 'rugged'? They played at pace and did not give us time on the ball.....IMO as a team they wanted it more over the course of the 90+ minutes!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »
Setch said a point at home to a mid table team is where we are at with what he has to select from...  Totally valid as I see it.  However what I don't understand is why when we have long term injuries  ( Fryatt n McWilliam)  A Joint 6 game suspension ( Mills N Mettam) plus other bits and bos that Seetch hasn't gone out and got a couple of bodies in on loan.  He knows he is needs them, he has the budget....   Managers can always bleat on about injuries and suspensions etc but it is all part and parcel of football, it's how you deal with them and what plans are put in place to to have a back-up plan.  Is it just left to for Setch to try and get players in or has he someone who can help him with this ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 11:54:57 AM »
All the above is absolutely valid but surely the minimum expectation is 100% effort from all players?

If not why not?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »
One, admittedly, poor performance and everything is questioned again I see.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 12:29:47 PM »
Bring more players in! Simple as that!
Setch got a decent winger, everyone was crying out for.
What other players do we really need?
When all are fit/available we have a decent squad. What do you want? Players signed for 2 weeks? Get real and get behind the players and manager,
These players are playing 3 times a week, plus training, plus travel AND a full time job.
They are entitled to look a little tired at times.
I am quite happy with 4 points from the last 2 home games.
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
Spot On Jesus, I think you are always going to get inconsistent performances  when  you  ask the same 11 to go Tuesday and Saturday.   Just feel with a 2 long terms plus suspensions coming into play a couple of extra players wouldn't go amiss.  I think we have a real decent squad when they are all available, but they are not all available 6 players are missing.  Setch says he has no game changers on the bench, so to have those extra players in ( even if only for a Month) surely would help the cause. 

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
So why then was Setch' so critical of the performance of the majority?