Author Topic: King's Lynn Town 1 King's Langley 1. Setch interview  (Read 5644 times)

Re: King's Lynn Town 1 King's Langley 1. Setch interview
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 12:40:20 AM »
Pick the bones out of that!

Though I fully accept the magnitude of current injuries / suspensions, that really was so negative and contradictory................Picking out certain players yet ignoring the likes of Jordan Yong suggests favouritism IMO? Too many excuses and not enough solutions, plus the fact that he confirmed not everyone gave 100% is surely a reflection upon the management and motivation of the team?

Hardly a Churchillian rallying speech ahead of Saturday?!

That was pretty much what I got out of his interview.

As I've stated before, I'm a newbie to Lynn this season, so I've nothing to gauge anything on other than what I see this season. Also, by that token, I don't feel it my place to comment on some things as a lot more of you have a lot more knowledge than I do......but..........

In football, at any level, you win as a team and you lose (and draw) as a team. I didn't think it was fair for Setch to single out individuals for giving (or not giving) 100%

Also, I've got to say his comments regarding the crowd were a bit poor too.
Everybody knows midweek attendances are less than a Saturday afternoon.
By Saturday there will have been a sequence of four home matches in a row - times are tough, people cannot always afford to attend every match, even while I'm sure they would love to.
Circumstances dictate too - Luckily this week I'm on holiday, but I live in Norwich (don't shoot me!!), I work at Snetterton so I can't always make midweek matches.
Plus, it isn't the crowd who misplaces a pass, misses a good chance or "let a goal in through our hands" (although I thought the Kings Langley player hit that shot with real venom for their goal)

So, I'm not being precious about criticism, I'm loving my newfound Lynn experience, I'll be there Saturday (again) and I'm looking forward to it immensely....and I'll be 100% behind Setch and the boys

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 01:53:15 AM »
Agree with everything  Setchell said.We were down to the bare bones against Chippenham and to then  lose Stephenson really left us struggling Tuesday.We definitely over achieved Saturday and if we get a result this Saturday it will be a miracle.All you can ask is 100% commitment.

Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 10:05:55 AM »
Miracles happen, especialy in the cup ( York v Arsenal or Wimbledon v Liverpool).

So Jesus can you help us with some devine help.

The Fenman

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 10:11:19 AM »
i stopped watching the video after the 3rd time Setch turned his head and gobbed on the pitch.....

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »
Maybe a ploy to improve the playing surface?