Author Topic: Alfreton on Saturday  (Read 9773 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Alfreton on Saturday
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:07:11 PM »
Can we perform a miracle on Saturday!  Against all expectation, our patched up team with a few youngsters
have done well this season. It will have to be 110% from everybody, and with a bit of luck, who knows !
Will we have any of the injured back in the squad ?

rod

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:06:25 PM »
Their record this season of being one of the highest scoring non league teams but also with one of the worst records for conceding suggests that we will need at least two goals to get something from the game......So it will probably be a no score draw!!

Stating the obvious the first 20 / 30 minutes will be vital...........If we concede early???

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:56 PM »
Gutted, another one I will miss, my daughter has point blank refused to postpone her wedding! :cry: :cry: :cry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:25:45 PM »
How selfish can she be Griss

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »
Probably the biggest game that are younger players have played so far in their football careers.Whatever the result, with the support and encouragement of the crowd they should do well.
Somewhere on Saturday there is going to be a cup upset; could it be at the Walks?
Come on you Linnets!

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »
Good comment Coastal. Anything is possible over 90 minutes. With a bit of luck we can do it !
We just have to accept, that within our budget we have make do with what we have got.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
We put Conference North opposition out of the cup a couple of seasons back in the form of Hednesford, with a back four by the end of the game containing reserve teamers Shaun Stocker and Chris Ward. Will be tough on Saturday but Setch has a decent record against higher level oppo  :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:54 PM »

I'm trying to wangle the second half,lol. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

BRUMMIE LINNET

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 07:37:57 AM »
Just a quick hello from Brum , wishing the lads all the best for Saturday , as the majority are local boys i m sure they will play with pride and passion  and give 100%- you can t ask for any more than that .
Soon be driving back to Gods own County!     

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »
Is Charlie Butt available? SNots are out of the cup and I don't think he is cup tied,
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 09:43:17 AM »
Well here we are! FA Cup Day. Really impressed to see that the "cup" toured the schools this week and flyers for the game have been handed out and that we have mascots from the schools today.
Any chance for ball boys/girls. It was a bit of a trudge for Alex to retrieve the ball from the corner flag on Tuesday.
Memorable FA cup days.

Watching Brighton beat Wisbech 10-1
Watching Lynn beat Wisbech 5-3 ( 3rd qualifying round Metcalf and Clarkson scoring for Wisbech. Can anyone tell me the year for this one please- I know it was In the previous century!!
Watching on T.v. Ronnie Radford scoring for Hereford against Newcastle. ( Recommended viewing on you tube for all Norwich supporters to cheer themselves up after midweek!)

Anyway, back to today. Five hours to kick off! Come on you linnets!

The Fenman

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 09:52:04 AM »

I'm trying to wangle the second half,lol. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

If i can get a licence endorsed for weddings at the Shed, can you hold it hear and keep shop for me at the same time so i can get to the football?

Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 10:13:22 AM »
Doesn't a man of your professional standing and devotion to the environment and international sheding automaticly give you a wedding licence in or for all types of shed (even that Ch#@*/a dump), Fenners?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 01:45:34 PM »
A tough game today, with a depleted squad. Let's all get behind the team, they will give it their all!
COYL!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 07:46:41 PM »
A tough game today, with a depleted squad. Let's all get behind the team, they will give it their all!
COYL!

I was right, a tough game, we just couldn't score.
Good to see the team applauded off at the end, they deserved that.