Author Topic: Alfreton on Saturday  (Read 9785 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton on Saturday
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 08:42:32 PM »
Although it looked like men playing boys at times I thought the lads did us proud so well done lads and what a attendance

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 10:09:06 PM »
With edge struggling to get into the game why was jack not given a run out

Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:00 AM »
Good point Linnet 01.

I know Eddington was/is injured groin strain ( in the bar he was in agony), but why didn't Setch shuffle the pack with 20 to go.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »
Nice to see the lads get applauded off at the end. Whilst it's always disappointing to lose a game it genuinely felt like everyone had accepted the odds were stacked against us and the lads all put a shift in.

In theory life should begin to get easier on the squad now, for next Saturday we have Mettam, Mills and Revan all available.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
With edge struggling to get into the game why was jack not given a run out

Setch' does not seem to rate Jack who is very much a confidence player, which IMO is a great shame as his pace can unlock defences. Yet more often than not in recent times when he has been on the bench he gets 5 or 10 minutes, which to me seems pointless.

Overall I thought that we played really well yesterday except in the final third where the difference in class was very obvious...In and around the penalty box Alfreton were incisive and their speed of thought and movement were a class above......Particularly Priestley their scorer but he has played at an even higher level!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/germany-vs-gibraltar-as-if-by-magic-farsley-striker-adam-priestley-finds-himself-taking-on-the-world-9859678.html

Who knows but we never will, if Sam had not hit that half volley so well we might have taken the lead...................... Amongst many stand out performances I thought that Quigz was magnificent - he should be sponsored by Duracell!!

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 06:23:34 PM »
Yesterday there were 38 third round ties and 18 step 3 games. Attendances were as follows:
Stockport 3181
FC United 1541
Tonbridge 1112
Fc Halifax 964
LYNN 847 - the fifth highest  out of 56 games!
I would estimate there were about 50 from Alfreton, so there were some 300 more supporting Lynn than the previous Saturday. Hopefully, they will be back next Saturday: the efforts of our team yesterday certainly deserve it. So why more yesterday.
Norwich not at home?
The appeal of the FA cup and the challenge of having a go at a higher level team?
The publicity and the encouragement of the youngsters through the appearance of the mascots and the cup visit to the schools during the week?

lLets hope these attendance figures keep rising.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »
Primarily the appeal of the FA Cup IMO and hope i am wrong in doubting that the majority of the extra 300 or so will be there next Saturday.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 07:33:30 PM »
LYNN 847 ...
looked more. :dontknow:

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »
My two penneth now that I've had a day to reflect....

We done okay and I think at the end, Alfreton knew they'd been in a game.

For me it was a classic case of taking chances - they took their two and we can look back and reflect on Sam's early chance where he ballooned it over the bar from the corner, their keeper made a great save from Danny's header, plus a couple more.

It's pointless debating what could have been achieved without the injuries/suspensions (although I know what I think!!) the eleven on the pitch certainly weren't disgraced

It's a shame we lost, the 7500 would have been very welcome, but onwards and upwards, lets hope to get a few players back sooner rather than later.

I personally think there were a few more Alfreton fans there than 50 - I think closer to 100, but it would still be good to see attendances like that on regular basis.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 07:39:34 AM »
Spoke to Ryan Fryatt on Saturday and he said he hopes to be back in ONE week!  :comeon:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »
Back in Training  West or back as in available for selection ?   I guess it will be like starting pre-season all over again for him.

Linnet1947

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 12:19:50 PM »
It was a fantastic effort against Alfreton - Big Sam and Dan Quigley were both outstanding.
It is difficult to judge our good our team is with several players  missing.
In a few weeks time most of our players will be back, and then we can judge the real strength of the team.
We need to concentrate on getting in the top half, well way from the dreaded relegation zone !

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 01:57:08 PM »
Only now of academic interest but had we won we would have been at home again v Gateshead!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »
Could not agree more with Setch, Pedro was a spectator for most of the second half. Magnificent effort by the lads and if that team spirit can be carried forward it bodes well for the rest of the season. Sam and Quigs set a great example to the youngsters.