Author Topic: Tactics  (Read 8635 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Tactics
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
This is a good post started by the Duke, he is spot on, also Emmington is a great prospect, play the lad!!!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 11:37:43 AM »
Dan Emmington was playing level 6 a few weeks ago and while he has proved that he can play at level 3 there is a difference between level 3 and 6 fitness and Setch was trying to give the lad a break and also trying to get Ryan fit at the same time. With Matty Castellan being out for another couple of months getting Ryan fit is a priority, unfortunately his injury is back and we have probably lost him for a while as well.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 12:26:48 PM »
Sad to hear that Ryan has broken down again. Was expecting this to be a massive season for him. Big fan of his, and wish the lad well in getting himself sorted.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 12:50:47 PM »
Ryan's injury is a real worry for all concerned - let us hope that the medics will soon find a cure. I also thought that this was going to be a big season for Ryan and still think that potentially he and Matty could be our central defensive pairing of eventual choice.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »
I agree with you both people should remember Ryan has played over 200 games for the club and been captain for a long period last season. With Sam G proving what a great player he is, having a fully fit Matty and Ryan would have made a massive difference to the season. Lets hope both are back sooner than expected.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »
Sam G has definitely been playing better. He reads situations well and rarely loses 50:50s. However he is still vulnerable to pace and his distribution is not good enough.

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »
I do not enjoy being right but tonight was everything that is wrong with the way we play only in the last 15 minutes did we have a shot on goal we  could even have won the game without the softest goal of the season. I like many others despair where we are going still long waits outside WHY what was wrong with the old system. I would guess Gary has three more games if we slip into the bottom three he should worry as we all are so much promise so little return fans will vote with their feet then Mr Cleeve will act.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2016, 02:23:51 AM »
And as we have seen, when fans vote with their feet, they take some persuading back!

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
The fans at any club are there at all times,maybe not attending games when results style of football,manager or owners are not to there liking but allways there!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »
Even if a change of manager were imminent, would the right calibre of manager be attracted by the present set up.......I have my doubts.

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 06:14:52 PM »
Rod you don't need to be a genius to be a Manager all you need is a good knowledge of the game and coaching skills, last night we had no composure no ball control hardly any wing play not much pressing and no leader etc etc the list goes on. In my opinion Mettham should not be team captain on a number of occasions he sulks if thing's don't go his way and swears at his team mates and in one game he even started giving supporters abuse, Football is a simple game but this year we are making it look hard and my opinion is we've gone backwards.

Like I said to a ex player at the end of pre-season we will be lucky to make top half and possibly could get involved in a relegation battle let's hope I'm wrong but after all the games I've seen this year apart from the Chippenham match I've got a feeling it's going to be a long hard Season.

KEEP THE FAITH  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 06:35:58 PM »
30 Year Linnet...Well said - nothing I disagree with there..........and as I have posted on a number of occasions in the past, football at its best is about simplicity, organisation and leadership, with the best teams usually being those that work the hardest - as a team unit!!

New Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »
Good knowledge of game!!  Also good knowledge of players and their needs on the pitch. Each player should know their job and hopefully that of their team mates! Functional effectiveness is a priority and maybe the loose cannon effect on too many players causes often for them to try too hard and get angry with themselves and team mates!! Coaching skills aren't always practical; sometimes it psychological guidance and encouragement from the manager!! In all the games I have seen the side is equally competitive if lacking in direction. Take Dylan Edge; a young player who has hit a low; that's a quote from Terry Payne in 70's! At 18 I had great games but many poor; at 32 I had no great games but never bad ones. Dylan is being given chance to recover self belief in reserves but the Manager has to be able to explain WHY and reassure the young man!!

New Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »
 Football is a simple game but this year we are making it look hard and my opinion is we've gone backwards.

A simple game made difficult by players!!  Especially 11 loose cannons and not enough experience on the pitch to guide young players or those 'gormless'  in terms of the game understanding. :oldman"!!

That's the Managers priority!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 07:11:45 PM »
NR I think the game has moved on since the days of Saints legend Terry Paine. In some good ways and certainly some not so good, but change all the same. I don't know how many lessons that can be taken forward firm the early 70s to where we are today some 45 years later.

I think the Non League has been over complicated by coaches you adopt system that being used in The Premiership. The players at this level are being asked to play systems beyond many players capabilities.