Author Topic: Robbie Back  (Read 2417 times)

NORMSKI

• View Profile
Robbie Back
« on: October 27, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
Over the last few months I have relied on Robbie to give a true reflection in his posts about what is happening behind the scenes and also how the reserves are progressing.
However it all seems to have gone quiet from Robbie and I hope that he hasn't got caught up in the doldrums which seems to be surrounding the club at the moment.
The reserves played Halstead last saturday but not a word on any KL sites about the game.
I accept that if Robbie is on holiday or busy at work them they take preference over KL but was anyone at the reserves game who can give us a report.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Re: Robbie Back
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »
Over the last few months I have relied on Robbie to give a true reflection in his posts about what is happening behind the scenes and also how the reserves are progressing.
However it all seems to have gone quiet from Robbie and I hope that he hasn't got caught up in the doldrums which seems to be surrounding the club at the moment.
The reserves played Halstead last saturday but not a word on any KL sites about the game.
I accept that if Robbie is on holiday or busy at work them they take preference over KL but was anyone at the reserves game who can give us a report.

I understand that Robbie is away on business for a few days at the moment.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »
This season Robbie has more than anyone else within the club communicated regularly with supporters and has always attempted to answer questions asked of him..He has IMO been something of a communication lifeline and I also hope that his enthusiasm is not on the wane.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:56:40 PM »
Sorry Supporters, Work has been manic and I am currently away from home with Work.
I will do a report on last Saturday's game and few bits of news tommorow when I am back.
All ok with me, We go again Saturday with a game against the leaders Coggeshall Town

Backie x

Ps Grissels idea of Fireworks from the KL Grandstand is happening with food and drinks available
Chairman thought it was a great idea !

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »
Can't believe you went away and didn't telling anyone on here Backie. Shocking.

30 Year Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 01:15:47 AM »
Any excuse Backie #yourgettingsackedinthemorning  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 04:32:08 PM »
King's Lynn 2 Halstead 3

Average age was 19 for this home game (4 Under 18s Started) against Halstead who are one of the favourites for promotion, I thought we matched them for most of the game and was the better side. We went in front when Jack Frohawk crossed for Ryan Harnwell to finish from close range, they equalised soon after when we didn't clear a cross how we should do. Halstead went in front 2 minutes after the break and Ryan Harnwell equalised 10 minutes from time with a good individual goal. Halstead then got the winner on 88 minutes against the run of play. The official then had a moment of madness and dismissed Danny Setchell with a straight Red and Zac Fountain followed him down the tunnel with a second yellow. I don't usually moan about officials and anyone who was there will back me up, I thought they was pretty disappointing all game.
Its been a tough couple of weeks for us to be fair with a couple of players leaving and its not ideal to have to do a minor rebuild only a quarter away through the season. We have bought Ryan Lennon in from Wisbech St Mary who was previously with us, I have watched him a couple of times this season and he was excellent against us at Wisbech when we drew 1-1. We should also be bring in another couple of players in the next couple of days and hopefully Lukas Pupys International clearance will be cleared for him to start playing for us, Lukas has represented his country (Lithuania) at under 17 level and played professionally in his own country. I have to say he has looked really good in Training and is still only 19.
Its also sometimes not get involved in some of the negative things that our wrote on the social networks etc and it does get me down as I know most of the people at the club are really trying to change and improve things for the better, I honestly think we will get there in the end and also feel for the manager (Setch) I only said to him this morning you must have ran over a cat !!! you finally get all your players back and then you go and lose another two !!
The Chairman does care about the football club and he does listen to the supporters, he is always open to ideas etc like the firework thing ! Hopefully the ticket machine will be sorted for the next game and people will get into the ground before the Kick off !! I am confident Setch and the Chairman will turn things around and we should all pull together and support the club we all love !
Thanks again for your support, Hopefully see you again soon

Pic is of Lukas playing against Ukraine

Backie