Author Topic: Norfolk Senior Cup  (Read 4388 times)

Ap

• View Profile
Norfolk Senior Cup
« on: November 07, 2016, 11:18:10 PM »
I believe we're entered as King's Lynn Town again this season rather than the reserves? Just read on front page that the NSC game at Thetford has been arranged for the day after our league game at Cambridge. Did I imagine reading / hearing early on in his tenure that winning this trophy was one of Mr Cleeve's main objectives? If so, the scheduling of this fixture suggests this may not now be the case.

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Norfolk Senior Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »
but if they postponed the Cambridge game there would be outcry as to why it has to make way for a tin-pot cup.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:38:28 PM »
I seem to remember that "Cup" game have priority over League games?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »
They do, so the club would be justified in asking for the Cambridge game to be postponed if they wanted to field the first team against Thetford.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »
Trip to Cambridge City now Monday 9th January

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 12:15:28 AM »
Well as I work at Snetterton and Thetford is only around 12 miles from there then I'll probably go to this.

With total respect to the reserves, if we were playing on the Monday then it would have been a less than full strength side on the Tuesday.......now I can see us putting out a pretty strong side

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »
I hope the ressies actually do this as we need to keep our squad safe and injury free

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »
I think the NSC should be all about our reserves.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
Lynn are the best team in Norfok outside the football league . In terms of effort and commitment they are probably better than that "big" club the other side of Dereham on the way to Yarmouth.To prove this they need to win the Senior cup.
Is the final at Carrow Road still? If so, a good night out for the fans and a good experience for the players.
This season is probably going to be all about cup runs.
A decent run in the FA cup(already achieved)
A decent run in the Fa trophy (being achieved)
Winning the Norfolk Senior Cup. Isn't it disrespectful to the other Norfolk clubs if we don't field our strongest team and show them by results who is the best!!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
Surely it's worth entering the first team, even if the squad ends up being largely reserve players, as unless I'm mistaken it's a match that will eat up suspensions.