Author Topic: Where are all the flags?  (Read 6181 times)

MickeyT

• View Profile
Where are all the flags?
« on: November 22, 2016, 02:01:32 PM »
Looking around the ground this season there seem to be a distinct absence of flags.
Where have they all gone?

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
Re: Where are all the flags?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:33:23 PM »
We have stopped bringing the 5 we have due to cig ash burns and cost off constant cleaning and the time and hassle it takes to put them up.
We took 3 other day and was hoping to take some tonight but with the weather been so poor its not looking possible.   

MickeyT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »
Thanks for the info,now I know why.

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 04:56:32 PM »
Probably burnt by the flare.

GAME Of Throw-ins

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:51:47 AM »
Maybe if everyone looked after the one's other people had and didn't miss treat them maybe the lad who owns them would bring them to game  :bus:

The Fenman

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 08:40:52 PM »
This made me smile......   Why?  I like flags.

Since leaving the Police, i have worn a the Cross of St George or the Union Flag as a pin badge every day.  It must be close to 11 yrs now. We weren't allowed to wear flags or symbols other than that the uniform afforded.....

A couple of years back, my other club, had a flag day where they asked every supporter who came to the ground on St Georges Day to bring a flag.  It had to be a St George Flag but with a difference.  My other Club are in south east London,  a very multi racial area.  So, they asked if supporters could bring a St Georges flag but instead of the traditional red and white, they asked if the flags could be made out of the colours of the nationality of the supporters country of origin.

So, on St Georges day, there were flags in the colours of Jamaica, Nigeria, Poland (red and white)  Ghana, USA, Belgium, Holland, France, Germany and a damn sight more.....   a riot of colour adorned the walls and railings behind the goal.....

What better way to show how inclusive our global games is and how welcoming the Club was to all comers....  We did something similar at Fury Basketball a couple of years ago which went a long way with our supporters who don't always feel 'part of the family'  but after that day, we saw more and more local people who originate from other parts of Europe coming, gates increased and results got better due to the better support.

Would love to see something like this at King's Lynn....

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 05:16:23 PM »
As the son of immigrants I wish you PC types would just shut up and stop ✋ trying to prove how' right on 'you are.

The Fenman

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 10:31:53 AM »
Trust me, there's nothing 'PC' about me or 'Right on'

All i want is to see the Town's sporting clubs to excel and become the focus of family entertainment........

Flags, believe it or not, help.

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
Very sad Kevin to get a response like that, perhaps you could have a chat with the guy.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 11:32:54 AM »
Anything that might bring a sense of togetherness and belonging and that gets a few more through the gate has my support.

The Fenman

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
Very sad Kevin to get a response like that, perhaps you could have a chat with the guy.

No need.  What makes perfect sense to some is 'PC' and 'right on' to others......

As long as we all support our Club(s) in one way or another is all that matters.....

MickeyT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
I like to see the flags and I think the team appreciate it,let's hope for a few around the ground today.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »
Glad this subject has been flagged up  :

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
Semaphore?

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 07:50:21 PM »
I am sure our friends at Double G could knock some flags.