Author Topic: Club and Blue and gold not getting on  (Read 19959 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
Re: Club and Blue and gold not getting on
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2016, 03:21:43 PM »
One day maybe the trust will be involved with the club along with other interested parties,cant see it happening soon one thing is for sure players managers owners come and go the supporters are allways at their club,sometimes at different levels of support, but allways there.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 06:59:36 PM »
So the idea was that the Trust should "invest" £10,000 annually in order to attend quarterly meetings and then in 5-6 years  have virtually no money left and be no closer to achieving their aims?
I can see why that might be considered an unattractive option.
was this put to all trust members to vote on ,did a vote take place

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »
If this forum got shut down how on would Backie be able to pass on club news to the fans?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
why would forum be shut down grissly

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »
1ok per annum to 'invest' in a Non League football without having any stake in it, hmmmmmmm must be very tempting.  With offers like that being made is it any wonder we don't have a main sponsor.  Maybe the Trust would be better off 'investing' in a vintage Port and then sit back and watch the rewards roll in.
did members vote on this

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »
From the Lynn News
All trust members were contacted and appraised of the proposal and given the opportunity to comment.

“Those who responded amounted to a clear majority of trust members and they rejected the proposal as not being in the long term interests of the Trust or the football club.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2016, 12:58:23 PM »
Loopy have a day off or at least come up with something to say you're boring everyone.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2016, 01:06:34 PM »
Loopy have a day off or at least come up with something to say you're boring everyone.

let the club spokesperson have their say. whats boring to you is the cutting edge in wit to others.
looking forward to tonight's post match comments from loopy, that's assuming the script is received in time.  :hide:

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2016, 05:38:38 PM »

let the club spokesperson have their say. whats boring to you is the cutting edge in wit to others.
looking forward to tonight's post match comments from loopy, that's assuming the script is received in time.  :hide:
boring for having a different opinion lmao not everyone is a sheep and follow the herd

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
All getting a tad boring now.

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2016, 08:21:13 AM »
So the idea was that the Trust should "invest" £10,000 annually in order to attend quarterly meetings and then in 5-6 years  have virtually no money left and be no closer to achieving their aims?
I can see why that might be considered an unattractive option.

Was it £10.000 Annually. Or just 10k initially? 

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2016, 09:18:49 AM »
I was told annually - which is why I put it in the text you have quoted.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2016, 09:28:50 AM »
I was told annually - which is why I put it in the text you have quoted.

Thanks Nemesis, I was under impression it was an initial 10k which the trust would have say on what is Was spent on.

Perhaps someone could clarify this please.

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2016, 01:23:41 PM »
With regard to the amount of money, the communication received from the Trust following the meeting with Steve Cleeve said:

"Mr Cleeve offered the Trust a seat on this “Board” in return for an annual donation of £10,000 from Trust funds. 
This proposed arrangement would not provide any formal or legal involvement in the running of KLTFC or Lynn FC and as such would
fail to satisfy the aims of the Trust"

As I run a Blue & Gold sponsored website you might not be surprised that I am a member.
I do not, however, speak for the Trust and do not wish to get involved in the politics.

ikonandy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »
With regard to the amount of money, the communication received from the Trust following the meeting with Steve Cleeve said:

"Mr Cleeve offered the Trust a seat on this “Board” in return for an annual donation of £10,000 from Trust funds. 
This proposed arrangement would not provide any formal or legal involvement in the running of KLTFC or Lynn FC and as such would
fail to satisfy the aims of the Trust"

As I run a Blue & Gold sponsored website you might not be surprised that I am a member.
I do not, however,  speak for the Trust and do not wish to get involved in the politics.

Thanks Richard much appreciated, .  :scarf:

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »
I think on reflection on what was on offer from the club owner most sensible people ,trust members or not would see that 10,000 per annum for no direct involvement was ever going to be situation that was agreeable.